condi engi for spvp ....

EUmad.7645

@coro.3176 said:Personal Battering Ram. The ranged daze is nice and the launch cc can buy you a few seconds for your condi to tick. It also burns if you have the gadgeteer trait.

Re: Grenades - with condi scrapper (instead of explosives), the only grenades you want to use are Shrapnel ( I think that's ~7k+ of aoe bleed on a low cooldown) and Poison (meh damage, high cooldown). Even with explosives and a very high critical chance, the bleed proc damage is not very high compared to the built-in bleeds on Shrapnel Grenade. You can basically ignore the rest of the skills unless you need their utility. Flash grenades to blind downs before a stomp. Chill to slow enemies a bit.

yes i use ram often , it is fun . nades are really slow, i think you use them melee

I ran this for a few matches tonight. It was as effective as any of my other engi builds, not counting holo, and a lot of fun. I'll probably mess a round with it a bit more tomorrow. I was finding that once you burn through the rotation there isn't much to do but autoattack and medkit support.

High quickness up time and the new med kit has grown on me a lot; 6,000 heal with a barrier every 17 seconds, plus the condi removal, aoe heal, and infusion bomb in the kit itself. When you have quickness up via sigil of agility it feels A LOT better.http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQJAqansTBVXhlXBGpCEqiF2iS8FningO4H+nH8DPxAA-jJhAQBA4BAYz9HyYZA+dCAAA

.. But what is that quickness actually getting you? It feels good to have quickness, sure. But you're just speeding up autoattack and poison dart volley with it, neither of which will ever deal enough damage to kill real players .. (well, maybe bronze/silver tier players, but they don't count).

• 2 weeks later...

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQJAqalcTh+uYtWw8Kw6FLsFlYHNFPB4HWiBQYKeRvGA-jJhAQBZsMAAeAAwY/hCcCAAA

This build ive ran for a while over the years. Ive beaten many higher ranked players with it when I feel like playing PvP and in WvW i usually so scrapper and change 2 utilities (core remains the same)

not most efficient by any means, however its enjoyable and can take down scourges.

@Eme.2018 said:

@coro.3176 said:If it's bunker you're going for then, you could be doing it much better on other classes - specifically support FB, which helps your team way more than condi engi could. Even Hammer Scrapper would be better than condi engi.

You're not going to hold a point with that build. Any Holo, Spellbreaker, Scourge, or even off-meta classes like Reaper will just YOLO in and kill you or force a decap within seconds.

No of course, you can't hold a point no matter what.I have found that duelling or (if you can't kill them) simply decaping a point (utilizing the knock-backs and the cripple) will be good enough.A specific niche for condition engineer in this META does not exist, that's for sure. You can only improvise.

Good observation ... and one that is completely lost on people that don't understand what effect meta has on specific builds. I would say there isn't anything particularly wrong with off-meta builds in of themselves. They simply don't have as much value as meta builds, depending on the game state.

Archived