Deathly Chill

Aktium.9506

@Lahmia.2193 said:

@Dadnir.5038 said:Why should it be oriented toward damage?
Deathly chill
: Entering shroud grant frost aura for 4 seconds. Reduce condition damage taken by 10% while under the effects of an aura.

This could make the reaper's chill uptime more reliable in combat and thus increase the value of quite a few traits. This would also define 3 different axis for the grandmaster traits: sustain (Bligther boon), defense (deathly chill) and offense (Reaper's onslaught).

I'd be happy for that to happen if they gave us a damage trait that works both in and out of shroud instead of just in.

reaper's onslaught could be reworked to extend its effects outside of shroud and be doubled while in shroud.

Someone suggested a while back that it should give you the ferocity bonus whenever you leave shroud for x number of seconds. Therefore when hitting foes below 50% health, it would still be beneficial to enter shroud rather than just spam gravedigger and aoes (which I've always seen as a horrible mechanic in terms of gameplay).

I don't think that will be a good idea since a .5s delay was added to shroud when you enter it. Also it wouldn't change much, just make it so that people would have to shroud flash to get a bonus to their gd spam below 50%, and considering the delay, it would have to be a significant ferocity buff to make up for the lost gd.

@Sephylon.4938 said:

@Dadnir.5038 said:Why should it be oriented toward damage?
Deathly chill
: Entering shroud grant frost aura for 4 seconds. Reduce condition damage taken by 10% while under the effects of an aura.

This could make the reaper's chill uptime more reliable in combat and thus increase the value of quite a few traits. This would also define 3 different axis for the grandmaster traits: sustain (Bligther boon), defense (deathly chill) and offense (Reaper's onslaught).

I'd be happy for that to happen if they gave us a damage trait that works both in and out of shroud instead of just in.

reaper's onslaught could be reworked to extend its effects outside of shroud and be doubled while in shroud.

Someone suggested a while back that it should give you the ferocity bonus whenever you leave shroud for x number of seconds. Therefore when hitting foes below 50% health, it would still be beneficial to enter shroud rather than just spam gravedigger and aoes (which I've always seen as a horrible mechanic in terms of gameplay).

I don't think that will be a good idea since a .5s delay was added to shroud when you enter it. Also it wouldn't change much, just make it so that people would have to shroud flash to get a bonus to their gd spam below 50%, and considering the delay, it would have to be a significant ferocity buff to make up for the lost gd.

If you say so, I'm no number cruncher.

Archived