Power Rev Benchmark?

mPascoal.4258

Hey guysI'm curious, has anyone ever done a Power Rev benchmark recently? I would try it myself but Idk if the roation is diffent now.. last time I played power Rev S/A was the thing, but I've seen the Sword off hand has changed (dont know when, came back to the game on March) and might be better for power now than Axe?I know it's not "viable" but I'm still curious about the numbers it can get..

Hey, I’m no expert but I spent a couple days pushing ascended power herald as far as I could and maxed out at 9k with power Shiro, sword sword. Only boons were what I was generating for myself. I know that is super low but I’d be curious to know if anyone is doing better than this with this same build. I think it’s important to note tho...the sustain. utility and mobility of the class is pretty great and DPS numbers aren’t everything. ( definitely be nice to be doing a bit more DPS tho...Anet....)

@Nivik.2961 said:Hey, I’m no expert but I spent a couple days pushing ascended power herald as far as I could and maxed out at 9k with power Shiro, sword sword. Only boons were what I was generating for myself. I know that is super low but I’d be curious to know if anyone is doing better than this with this same build. I think it’s important to note tho...the sustain. utility and mobility of the class is pretty great and DPS numbers aren’t everything. ( definitely be nice to be doing a bit more DPS tho...Anet....)

Power Herald really hasn't changed much honestly. I did a really sloppy test recently (also without offhand sword and no infusions) and got 24k I think? I also only tested it once or twice as it was just so much lower than condi it wasn't really worth my time. I've always been about 1-2k off old rotation benchmarks in the past for Power Rev, so I'm assuming with a proper offhand, good rotation, and infusions it would be possible to push it to 28k or so. Additionally, since Chaos Chrono is really common now using the amount of boons Weaver uses for benchmarks would help it, since you'll pretty much always have 9+ boons on you in a real raid. So that's another 8% dps increase over old benchmarks. The main problem with Power Herald is that they keep giving it small boosts in effectiveness, but ultimately then nerf something else that either directly or indirectly effects its damage output. For example they buffed Assassin's Presence from 150 ferocity to 225 ferocity for both you and your allies. That was an okay boost to power Herald, but then they just changed it back to 150 Ferocity since they're attempting to cut back on unique buffs. Honestly, it was a waste of design time to buff the skill and then revert it several months later and the only loser in this situation is largely power rev (even though condi rev of course utilized AP better).

@"mPascoal.4258" said:Hey guysI'm curious, has anyone ever done a Power Rev benchmark recently? I would try it myself but Idk if the roation is diffent now.. last time I played power Rev S/A was the thing, but I've seen the Sword off hand has changed (dont know when, came back to the game on March) and might be better for power now than Axe?I know it's not "viable" but I'm still curious about the numbers it can get..

You can push Power Herald to 10k+ solo if you try hard!

@Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:With food and full realistic buffs, a shiro/jalis power herald can pull around 29k DPS.

Wow 29 is actually not that bad.. Yeah I know most spec can get higher but I thought Power Rev was in worse spotWhat would the build look like trait wise? Havent played Rev in ages a lot as changed since I last played it I assume

@Solori.6025 said:

@Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:With food and full realistic buffs, a shiro/jalis power herald can pull around 29k DPS.

So I asked in another thread and you kinda ignored me. Do you have the dps test of this? And does it have the build?

It was a personal test. Was not recorded. Other people probably have, but you can google that yourself. The build is really simple: Full Berserker, Scholar Runes, Sigil of Force/Air.

Devastation: Vicious Lacerations, Assassin's Presence, Swift TerminationInvocation: Forceful Persistance, Spirit Boon, Rolling MistsHerald: Radial Revival, Shared Empowerment, Elder's Focus.

Though this was awhile ago. My most recent tests are only coming up with 24k for some reason. I'm trying to figure out a better rotation to fix this.

@LucianTheAngelic.7054 said:

@"Solori.6025" said:

With food and full realistic buffs, a shiro/jalis power herald can pull around 29k DPS.

So I asked in another thread and you kinda ignored me. Do you have the dps test of this? And does it have the build?

Numbers will likely be .5-1k ish lower now due to recent group buff nerfs on May 5th, but here:

Ahhh Ok...so it is the unrealistic dps test* you guys were referring to.

@Solori.6025 said:

With food and full realistic buffs, a shiro/jalis power herald can pull around 29k DPS.

Numbers will likely be .5-1k ish lower now due to recent group buff nerfs on May 5th, but here:

Ahhh Ok...so it is the unrealistic build you guys were referring to.

Unrealistic as in 9 boons? Weaver tests with 9 due to Chaos Chrono I don’t see why Herald shouldn’t as well since they have identical traits that increase damage based on boons

@LucianTheAngelic.7054 said:

Unrealistic as in 9 boons? Weaver tests with 9 due to Chaos Chrono I don’t see why Herald shouldn’t as well since they have identical traits that increase damage based on boons

Yes unrealistic because a chaos Chrono gets chaos storm once every 35s, and most off chrono's ( or at least the ones I have been pugging with) have been taking illusions for the increased shatter uptime, since phantasms (specifically the shield phantasm) no longer gives out alacrity. So 7 boons is standard and you will see realistic dps test done with the standard 7 . The reason you see weaver and dragon hunter with more, is because of their traits/weapon skills , which offers a near constant uptime of those boons to be included (for example Mirage could add vigor, because of the mesmer's near permanent access to vigor). Rev herald has access to Retaliation, if the heal was added to the rotation. As seen in the video it isn't. Rev has pretty good vigor uptime, if renegade is taken. How is a rev able to maintain perma protection?You begin to get into situations where other classes are responsible for more boons to make sure that you perform at the best possible point.That to me is unrealistic,( and apparently to others, or boons like Prot, Ret, and vigor would be standard or even listed for every class, especially if a support class could put out a near constant uptime of those specific boons).As for why Weaver and DH are exceptions.You could simply look at what traits and weapons each of them have that grant Retal and prot. Guardian has a lot( I don't play guardian enough to accurately tell you the frequency of boons), weaver gets prot by following a rotation, and they get retal for simply getting hit in fire attunement.

EDIT: https://qtfy.eu/guildwars/benchmarks/https://snowcrows.com/benchmarks/

Those are the benchmarks I usually use to note realistic outgoing buffs in a raid comp. ( though I believe Qtfy is outdated)Asking around I did note that on certain situations prot would be something that the entire group would have access to via stone spirit, but this, as I was told, is situational and very specific to comp.So I guess it is possible to have a raid group that does have 9 boons at all times, if you have a static that comps that way.

Edit 2: Our resident tank pointed me to our other source of prot which I had honestly forgot about since I haven't done sloth in forever. So it's looking more probable in certain boss encounters (though I have been told to keep illusions and inspiration and save chaos for tanking). It's interesting because I still find continuous prot to sometimes fall off before my full rotation for signet of inspiration, but that could be a timing thing? Dunno, 3 seconds on a 15s timer, it can sometimes happen and sometimes not when the lesser signet procs, though I am able to keep a ( near?) constant 8 boons up (with Chaos/inspiration) so there's that at least. So I imagine if the cards are stacked in your favor and their isn't an immediate mechanic that forces a chrono away 9 boons could happen if both chrono's are specced in chaos and you have them both together. Though again, this would be seen more in static groups, cause I haven't seen Chaos stacking since people figured out how to stack 40s of alacrity with illusions.

@Solori.6025 said:

Yes unrealistic because a chaos Chrono gets chaos storm once every 35s, and most off chrono's ( or at least the ones I have been pugging with) have been taking illusions for the increased shatter uptime, since phantasms (specifically the shield phantasm) no longer gives out alacrity. So 7 boons is standard and you will see realistic dps test done with the standard 7 . The reason you see weaver and dragon hunter with more, is because of their traits/weapon skills , which offers a near constant uptime of those boons to be included (for example Mirage could add vigor, because of the mesmer's near permanent access to vigor). Rev herald has access to Retaliation, if the heal was added to the rotation. As seen in the video it isn't. Rev has pretty good vigor uptime, if renegade is taken. How is a rev able to maintain perma protection?You begin to get into situations where other classes are responsible for more boons to make sure that you perform at the best possible point.That to me is unrealistic,( and apparently to others, or boons like Prot, Ret, and vigor would be standard or even listed for every class, especially if a support class could put out a near constant uptime of those specific boons).As for why Weaver and DH are exceptions.You could simply look at what traits and weapons each of them have that grant Retal and prot. Guardian has a lot( I don't play guardian enough to accurately tell you the frequency of boons), weaver gets prot by following a rotation, and they get retal for simply getting hit in fire attunement.

EDIT:

Those are the benchmarks I usually use to note realistic outgoing buffs in a raid comp. ( though I believe Qtfy is outdated)Asking around I did note that on certain situations prot would be something that the entire group would have access to via stone spirit, but this, as I was told, is situational and very specific to comp.So I guess it is possible to have a raid group that does have 9 boons at all times,
if
you have a static that comps that way.

Edit 2: Our resident tank pointed me to our other source of prot which I had honestly forgot about since I haven't done sloth in forever. So it's looking more probable in certain boss encounters (though I have been told to keep illusions and inspiration and save chaos for tanking). It's interesting because I still find continuous prot to sometimes fall off before my full rotation for signet of inspiration, but that could be a timing thing? Dunno, 3 seconds on a 15s timer, it can sometimes happen and sometimes not when the lesser signet procs, though I am able to keep a ( near?) constant 8 boons up (with Chaos/inspiration) so there's that at least. So I imagine if the cards are stacked in your favor and their isn't an immediate mechanic that forces a chrono away 9 boons could happen if both chrono's are specced in chaos and you have them both together. Though again, this would be seen more in static groups, cause I haven't seen Chaos stacking since people figured out how to stack 40s of alacrity with illusions.

Chaos inspiration chrono will easily maintain 9-11 boons most of the time since it also puts out a lot of stability and aegis and any incidental boons from the group (arcane weaver gives some protection for example) will be magnified by signet. The thing is that running chaos chrono with weaver makes sense since arcane weaver dps with those 9-11 boons is high enough to justify running a lower dps chrono variant, whereas it is a poor investment to use it to bring power herald's dps up from terrible to mediocre (though near perma group stability is nice in a lot of areas).

@ArthurDent.9538 said:

EDIT:

Those are the benchmarks I usually use to note realistic outgoing buffs in a raid comp. ( though I believe Qtfy is outdated)Asking around I did note that on certain situations prot would be something that the entire group would have access to via stone spirit, but this, as I was told, is situational and very specific to comp.So I guess it is possible to have a raid group that does have 9 boons at all times,
if
you have a static that comps that way.

Chaos inspiration chrono will easily maintain 9-11 boons most of the time since it also puts out a lot of stability and aegis and any incidental boons from the group (arcane weaver gives some protection for example) will be magnified by signet. The thing is that running chaos chrono with weaver makes sense since arcane weaver dps with those 9-11 boons is high enough to justify running a lower dps chrono variant, whereas it is a poor investment to use it to bring power herald's dps up from terrible to mediocre (though near perma group stability is nice in a lot of areas).

Yea I swapped to sword before I went to bed and dear grenth the boons. Was keeping 9 consistently, no down time unless I fudge it up. I do agree with your assessment as well. I'm falling in love with chrono all over again and at the same time it makes me sad, that one class can literally give every boon. I love it and I hate it.

Archived