What is the need for all of the classes to be able to efficiently kill 1vs1?

Mikali.9651

I'm all for specs being focused towards certain things.

Tanks being tanky and team-oriented.Roamers and Gankers being high damage, usually squishy, and have mobility/reliable defensive.Supports Churning out partywide/AoE boons or stripping them off the enemy.

But certain professions bleed over on either side. Some even to the point of going past "Jack of all Trades, and Master of All"

I play Core Guardian, Core/Spellbreaker Warrior, and Reaper Necro. But whether its Powercreep for the new elite specs theres nothing Reaper Necro does better then a Spellbreaker Warrior atm. Lack of mobility is a weakness inherent to Necromancer professions as a whole usually, but the Spellbreaker can top them on mobility, sustainability, defense, boon-support/ripping, etc.

Game balance is a delicate thing. I'm not advocating for spellbreaker nerf or any other profession to be exact. But i am advocating that PoF added in new mechanics that some other professions (whether core or HoT) got left behind because of and Anet hasn't done its due diligence to update those professions to still be relevant as much

The real problem with thief imho is that there is just One way to play it. Your have to abuse your mobility and be the ganker +1. There is no spec that actually is decent where you sacrifice mobility and become a decent 1vs1 bruiser that can hold against some classes on a point. They Aldo killed DE by forcing to play rifle that at least to me feels clunky as hell and a One trick pony.Ah Aldo other classes have this problem where your just have One way to play them and this forces the meta of i can't 1vs1 everything cause my classe does not have a viable build to be abile to do that while other classes do that and even more.

TL dr: give more option and build variety to Same classes. Each build must have upsides and downsides

@Menyus.4610 said:

@Nath Forge Tempete.1645 said:I think... I'll leave this post for now ... I read too much non sense for today XD

got killed by a thief recently?

Thief counter my whole class so ... basically not just today ... and thief are pretty annoying cause they have insane mobility cause of ports etc...

I mean the game isn't balanced around 1v1.... that's why I 'me saying this is nonsense ... this is not blade and soul. the competitives gamemodes are WvW and spvp (5v5)

A balance system arounf 1v1 would not make sense in a conquest design

@Nath Forge Tempete.1645 said:

@Nath Forge Tempete.1645 said:I think... I'll leave this post for now ... I read too much non sense for today XD

got killed by a thief recently?

Thief counter my whole class so ... basically not just today ... and thief are pretty annoying cause they have insane mobility cause of ports etc...

I mean the game isn't balanced around 1v1.... that's why I 'me saying this is nonsense ... this is not blade and soul. the competitives gamemodes are WvW and spvp (5v5)

A balance system arounf 1v1 would not make sense in a conquest design

what you play?

@polvere.2805 said:Since when thieves counter classes? Usually it's the opposite. Maybe he is playing scourge vs pew pew thief? Them it's a build problem. It gets countered by any form of ranged pressure

I play power herald :) and S/D thief (which is the strongest build for thief now) is easy mode vs revenant 1v1 , not talking about condi ... but power ...COndi just OS revenant.

Well revenant as a class has a lot of problems overall so can't really blame thief imho.The problem is that you can't deal with his constant engage and disengage. Mostly because herald should be the One controlling the pace of the engage while the thief as a class is designed to be the One to decide when and how engaging. But as said it's an herald problem that doesnt really have much to his side overall

@Nath Forge Tempete.1645 said:

@polvere.2805 said:Since when thieves counter classes? Usually it's the opposite. Maybe he is playing scourge vs pew pew thief? Them it's a build problem. It gets countered by any form of ranged pressure

I play power herald :) and S/D thief (which is the strongest build for thief now) is easy mode vs revenant 1v1 , not talking about condi ... but power ...COndi just OS revenant.

D/P is even worse too, Headshot spam is a pretty hard rev counter.

@polvere.2805 said:Well revenant as a class has a lot of problems overall so can't really blame thief imho.The problem is that you can't deal with his constant engage and disengage. Mostly because herald should be the One controlling the pace of the engage while the thief as a class is designed to be the One to decide when and how engaging. But as said it's an herald problem that doesnt really have much to his side overall

so you basically saying that revenant is worse than thief .... You ppl have no right to complain then cause there far much worse class than your LUL (i'm exaggerating there but that specific threat isn't leggit to me)

Archived