Condi mirage

Toron.4856

@Huskyboy.1053 said:

@Turk.5460 said:Removing Sigil of Energy would be a step in the right direction.

that would nerf other classes as well...

Put it on 18 sec cooldown as not many classes run dual energy sig whereas mirage does.

I don't like this because it's a nerf to Discipline warriors. Though I respect your point. The best solution is to remove skill use on dodge for Mirage, it has no place in a competitive game. They already have Distortion, that's bad enough.

It's already a crutch for Warriors. They don't need the extra defense, an extra dodge per swap will not make-or-break a Warrior's performance. And if it does, then sigil of energy should not be a focal point as there is something more pressing to look at...

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Huskyboy.1053 said:

@Turk.5460 said:Removing Sigil of Energy would be a step in the right direction.

Put it on 18 sec cooldown as not many classes run dual energy sig whereas mirage does.

I don't like this because it's a nerf to Discipline warriors. Though I respect your point. The best solution is to remove skill use on dodge for Mirage, it has no place in a competitive game. They already have Distortion, that's bad enough.

If you gonna do that, do it to All the Classes that has on dodge skills. Since your using the no place competitive excuse will see how you feel about it if everybody shares the same fate. Only fare!

@Vieux P.1238 said:

If you gonna do that, do it to All the Classes that has on dodge skills. Since your using the no place competitive excuse will see how you feel about it if everybody shares the same fate. Only fare!

Are you referring to traits like Reckless Dodge? No other specialization duplicates the effect of Elusive Mind.

@Huskyboy.1053 said:

Are you referring to traits like Reckless Dodge? No other specialization duplicates the effect of Elusive Mind.

Did i mention DUPLICATE? No i did not.. read it again. I'm very clear on what i said.

@Vieux P.1238 said:

No other class has Ambush skills on dodge. Not all other classes even has offensive abilities tied to evade frames. Necromancer and guardian doesn't, and that is just at the top of my head.

@Vieux P.1238 said:

@"Turk.5460" said:Removing Sigil of Energy would be a step in the right direction.

Did i mention DUPLICATE? No i did not.. read it again. I'm very clear on what i said.

Ya I read it carefully, there is no such term as "on dodge skill" of which I'm aware. Give me a wiki link. Also considering that you spelled fair as "fare" and randomly capitalize words, I'm not really confident that you're expressing yourself the way you intend.

@"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:

No other class has Ambush skills on dodge.
Not all other classes even has offensive abilities tied to evade frames.
Necromancer and guardian doesn't, and that is just at the top of my head.d traitsGuardian Selfless Daring Selfless Daring — The end of your dodge roll heals nearby allies.Revenant Unwavering Avoidance Unwavering Avoidance — Gain stability when successfully evading an attack.Revenant Retaliatory Evasion Retaliatory Evasion — Gain retaliation after you dodge.Revenant Eluding Nullification Eluding Nullification — Dodge rolling removes a condition from nearby allies.Warrior Reckless Dodge Reckless Dodge — Damage foes at the end of a dodge roll.Engineer Evasive Powder Keg Evasive Powder Keg — Creates a bomb when you dodge.Ranger Companion's Defense Companion's Defense — You and your pet gain protection when you dodge roll.Ranger Evasive Purity Evasive Purity — Dodging removes a damaging condition and a non-damaging condition from you.Thief Expeditious Dodger Expeditious Dodger — Gain swiftness upon dodging.Thief Uncatchable Uncatchable — Leave behind Caltrops when you dodge.Daredevil Lotus Training Lotus Training — Your dodge ability now uses Impaling Lotus, firing daggers at nearby enemies. Gain increased condition damage for a period of time after dodging.Daredevil Unhindered Combatant Unhindered Combatant — Your dodge ability is replaced by a long-range dash that removes inhibiting conditions and grants swiftness and damage reduction. Removing conditions in this way temporarily reduces endurance gain.Daredevil Bounding Dodger Bounding Dodger — Your dodge ability is replaced by Bound, dealing damage to the area after you evade. Physical damage is increased for a period of time after you dodge.Elementalist Evasive Arcana Evasive Arcana — Create an attunement-based spell after dodging.Elementalist Stop, Drop, and Roll Stop, Drop, and Roll — Dodge-rolling removes burning and chilled conditions from you and nearby allies.Mesmer Deceptive Evasion Deceptive Evasion — Create a clone at your current position when you dodge.Necromancer Mark of Evasion Mark of Evasion

@Vieux P.1238 said:

Necromancer and guardian doesn't, and that is just at the top of my head.d traitsGuardian Selfless Daring Selfless Daring — The end of your dodge roll heals nearby allies.Revenant Unwavering Avoidance Unwavering Avoidance — Gain stability when successfully evading an attack.Revenant Retaliatory Evasion Retaliatory Evasion — Gain retaliation after you dodge.Revenant Eluding Nullification Eluding Nullification — Dodge rolling removes a condition from nearby allies.Warrior Reckless Dodge Reckless Dodge — Damage foes at the end of a dodge roll.Engineer Evasive Powder Keg Evasive Powder Keg — Creates a bomb when you dodge.Ranger Companion's Defense Companion's Defense — You and your pet gain protection when you dodge roll.Ranger Evasive Purity Evasive Purity — Dodging removes a damaging condition and a non-damaging condition from you.Thief Expeditious Dodger Expeditious Dodger — Gain swiftness upon dodging.Thief Uncatchable Uncatchable — Leave behind Caltrops when you dodge.Daredevil Lotus Training Lotus Training — Your dodge ability now uses Impaling Lotus, firing daggers at nearby enemies. Gain increased condition damage for a period of time after dodging.Daredevil Unhindered Combatant Unhindered Combatant — Your dodge ability is replaced by a long-range dash that removes inhibiting conditions and grants swiftness and damage reduction. Removing conditions in this way temporarily reduces endurance gain.Daredevil Bounding Dodger Bounding Dodger — Your dodge ability is replaced by Bound, dealing damage to the area after you evade. Physical damage is increased for a period of time after you dodge.Elementalist Evasive Arcana Evasive Arcana — Create an attunement-based spell after dodging.Elementalist Stop, Drop, and Roll Stop, Drop, and Roll — Dodge-rolling removes burning and chilled conditions from you and nearby allies.Mesmer Deceptive Evasion Deceptive Evasion — Create a clone at your current position when you dodge.Necromancer Mark of Evasion Mark of Evasion

None of these are even remotely close to the functionality of Mirage Cloak.

@Vieux P.1238 said:

So you mentioned some skills which have effects when people dodge. None of these allow people to use skills that they normally wouldn't be able to use. The only link between, for example, Expeditious Dodger and Elusive Mind is a dodge. If we replaced Elusive Mind's ability to use skills with, for example, Fury, it would be fine.

@Turk.5460 said:

Oh now it's mirage cloak the problem..i thought it was elusive minds.. I would take the time to read each on dodge traits before making this statement. Cuz some of them are even better then Elusive minds.

@Vieux P.1238 said:

Oh now it's mirage cloak the problem..i thought it was elusive minds.. I would take the time to read each on dodge traits before making this statement. Cuz some of them are even better then Elusive minds.

Dude ur such a mesmer fan boy xD plz let them nerf it so u will be one of the low amount of mesmer‘s in pvp

@Vieux P.1238 said:

What forum posts are you reading???? Its as if you pretended someone said something, and then responded to what you pretended they said. We are talking about mirage cloak and its ability to continue to perform weapon, heal or utility skills while under its effect. Please note how @Huskyboy.1053 below did not mention Elusive Mind.

@Huskyboy.1053 said:I don't like this because it's a nerf to Discipline warriors. Though I respect your point. The best solution is to remove skill use on dodge for Mirage, it has no place in a competitive game. They already have Distortion, that's bad enough.

@Ali.9250 said:

Dude ur such a mesmer fan boy xD plz let them nerf it so u will be one of the low amount of mesmer‘s in pvp

Dude, what's good for the goose is good for the gander. Nerf that on dodge trait nerf em all i say. You got a problem with fairness?

@Vieux P.1238 said:

@Ali.9250 said:

Dude, what's good for the goose is good for the gander. Nerf that on dodge trait nerf em all i say. You got a problem with fairness?

Your idea of fairness is like increasing everybody's annual income tax by exactly $10,000. People who make $20k per year will be devastated, Bill Gates will laugh all the way to the bank. Balance is about nerfing overperforming specs and occasionally buffing underperforming ones, not just nerfing everything.

@Huskyboy.1053 said:

@Ali.9250 said:

Your idea of fairness is like increasing everybody's annual income tax by exactly $10,000. People who make $20k per year will be devastated, Bill Gates will laugh all the way to the bank. Balance is about nerfing overperforming specs and occasionally buffing underperforming ones, not just nerfing everything.

Sorry but your metaphor is completely flawed & has no relevance to balancing this game. & if dev would use your kind of math to balance Gw2 pvp, then there's no chance in hell it will happen. My point stands & you and all the other complainers just want to nerf the on Dodge EM with out the risk of losing your own dodging advantage. & that's the truth.

@Vieux P.1238 said:

@Ali.9250 said:

Well i don‘t play any of that meta classes so yea fairness would be rly good at last. Lets see FA weaver can 1 shot/ mirage can one shot, FA weaver can teleport once mirage can teleport idk how often i don‘t wannt to lie 3-4 times ? Booth can dodge 2 times nice but one can stun break with it one can not. FA weaver got lowest base health mirage gor mid base health. FA weaver got 0 stealth mirage got at last one that any of them use. I could go on but ppl did understand it i think :)

@Vieux P.1238 said:

@Ali.9250 said:

Sorry but your metaphor is completely flawed & has no relevance to balancing this game. & if dev would use your kind of math to balance Gw2 pvp, then there's no chance in hell it will happen. My point stands & you and all the other complainers just want to nerf the on Dodge EM with out the risk of losing your own dodging advantage. & that's the truth.

That's your opinion and you have no way of proving it... unless you'd like to show some screencaps of me playing where I display my build and show that I'm using one of these traits?

@Huskyboy.1053 said:

@Ali.9250 said:

That's your opinion and you have no way of proving it... unless you'd like to show some screencaps of me playing where I display my build and show that I'm using one of these traits?

I don't need to. I only need that the nerf on dodge be done all across the board. Not just Mirage EM trait.

@Vieux P.1238 said:

@Ali.9250 said:

I don't need to. I only need that the nerf on dodge be done all across the board. Not just Mirage EM trait.

@Anet This man NEEDS "on dodge skill" nerfs STAT. dO iT bEfOrE iT's ToO lAtE

No other class has Ambush skills on dodge. Not all other classes even has offensive abilities tied to evade frames. Necromancer and guardian doesn't, and that is just at the top of my head.

Come on that's a really weak argument. Only 2 classes even technically have Ambush skills. And the classes with more sustain (current state of Mesmer notwithstanding) generally do not have weapon skills with evade frames. Guardian and Necromancer are actually the only two classes with absolutely 0 evade frame weapon skills. So they're actually the outliers.

@Huskyboy.1053 said:

@Ali.9250 said:

@Anet This man
NEEDS
"on dodge skill" nerfs STAT. dO iT bEfOrE iT's ToO lAtE

& this is the only kind of response you have to defend your point. Nice.. :+1: I rest my case.

@Ali.9250 said:

@Ali.9250 said:

Well i don‘t play any of that meta classes so yea fairness would be rly good at last. Lets see FA weaver can 1 shot/ mirage can one shot, FA weaver can teleport once mirage can teleport idk how often i don‘t wannt to lie 3-4 times ? Booth can dodge 2 times nice but one can stun break with it one can not. FA weaver got lowest base health mirage gor mid base health. FA weaver got 0 stealth mirage got at last one that any of them use. I could go on but ppl did understand it i think :)

No response on that ? I would like too see how u defend mirage agianst that plz

@Ali.9250 said:

@Ali.9250 said:

@Ali.9250 said:

Defend what? Respond to this? Why? It's completely off the track & unrelated to the initial point. We where talking about dodging & EM & nerfing it. This has nothing to do with it.

Mirage Cloak is an elite class mechanic. The whole concept of Mirage is to perform actions while dodging - that's why you don't dodge roll but stay in place.

It's that fundamental understanding of Mirage that a) yes it is annoying but it's not changing b) performing actions while evading isn't a big issue, people are just throwing everything at the wall right now because of frustration and b) one trait, Elusive Mind, is literally making it near impossible to lock down a Mirage Mesmer, hence no counterplay.

@Vieux P.1238 said:

@Ali.9250 said:

@Ali.9250 said:

@Ali.9250 said:

Defend what? Respond to this? Why? It's completely off the track & unrelated to the initial point. We where talking about dodging & EM & nerfing it. This has nothing to do with it.

Ah tought we talk aboth condi mirrage by himself and not just abouth EM. And trust me EM isn‘t the only one problem mirage balance got as u saw FA weaver is a high risk high reward class but with a condi mirage or also power mirage u got low risk high reward

Archived