Game needs spvp tutorial.

Rufo.3716

Seriously. I'm sick of arguing with players who think they know how to play properly when all they do is cost teams wins. Maybe if there was a mandatory tutorial for players to go through before playing ranked maybe we could have an actual productive ranked season.

As it stands now, if you slip to gold, you are screwed. I swear every game there are at least 2 players who camp beast or abandon points because they are worth 25 points and a buff.

Making tournament-quality tutorial is a big dream, so we can leave it at that.

Players that don't try to win exist because the rewards for losing are still too high, simple as that. You get more progress losing in Ranked than in Unranked.

A solution is to cut out reward track progress and dial down pip gain for losses, then boost pip gain or increase reward track progress for Ranked wins. That way people who aim to lose and get goodies in Ranked won't find it worth their while anymore, and people who actually want to win can read the "literature" on their own. There's large amounts of media for self-help.

If we want a quality tutorial, it has to have everything as covered in Gods of PvP. There has to be indexed scenarios to access such as assuming the role of a Roamer and engaging in decaps or collapsing fights with +1. The reason I have so little faith in this is because we still don't have build templates, build share, and would you look at those pre-made builds by ANet in the PvP build menu, gorrawful outdated filthy crap.

That's where Quickjoin or eventually swiss rounds AT's are needed. The first one gives you a chance to fight with and against lesser experienced players ( and even when it turned to 5v4 ), the second ones helps you measure yourself to good opponents, but also people from your level.

Unranked can be good, but it's really a pain for newcomers and practicing thief or map skills against condi spammers is way too tough for a first go.AT's are a place where beginners get rolled over and over on first round without learning anything. You learn stuff when you end up at 3 loses vs better players and 2 wins vs similar players, than losing 1st round 500-10 and being eliminated.

@"Jazz.4639" said:stuff like this you mean?It's definitely very helpful material (top of the pile I would say, watched it when it came out).

My take is that OP wants more of an in-game system that does the explaining. Mandatory tutorials.

I welcome that idea, but people who want to do well dive for tutorial content like yours and on GodsOfPvP anyway, and would usually duel and practise. Unfortunately for your conventional fun-loving player who just goes where the fight is, it can be difficult to motivate them to learn about the counter-intuitive way Conquest plays out.

@Rufo.3716 said:Seriously. I'm sick of arguing with players who think they know how to play properly when all they do is cost teams wins. Maybe if there was a mandatory tutorial for players to go through before playing ranked maybe we could have an actual productive ranked season.

As it stands now, if you slip to gold, you are screwed. I swear every game there are at least 2 players who camp beast or abandon points because they are worth 25 points and a buff.

2013?! Is 'atchyu!? How you been gurl!? I aint heard from you in what--damn gurl...whats it been? 5? 6? years...How you beeeeen!? Oh me.....naawh naawh, no, we aint got the pvp tutorial yet...hnmgh!? what?! Gurl I don't know!They just didn't do it I guess? I don' know gurl...We been waiting and lord knows you aint been around for a long time so I don't know what they doin'...a-al-alright. Uhuh...ok, it was good to hear from you too. Bye.

@"Ralkuth.1456" said:Making tournament-quality tutorial is a big dream, so we can leave it at that.

Players that don't try to win exist because the rewards for losing are still too high, simple as that. You get more progress losing in Ranked than in Unranked.

A solution is to cut out reward track progress and dial down pip gain for losses, then boost pip gain or increase reward track progress for Ranked wins. That way people who aim to lose and get goodies in Ranked won't find it worth their while anymore, and people who actually want to win can read the "literature" on their own. There's large amounts of media for self-help.

If we want a quality tutorial, it has to have everything as covered in
. There has to be indexed scenarios to access such as assuming the role of a Roamer and engaging in decaps or collapsing fights with +1. The reason I have so little faith in this is because we still don't have build templates, build share, and would you look at those pre-made builds by ANet in the PvP build menu, gorrawful outdated filthy crap.

This.Could not have said it better.

@Ralkuth.1456 said:

@"Jazz.4639" said:stuff like this you mean?It's definitely very helpful material (top of the pile I would say, watched it when it came out).

My take is that OP wants more of an in-game system that does the explaining. Mandatory tutorials.

I welcome that idea, but people who want to do well dive for tutorial content like yours and on GodsOfPvP anyway, and would usually duel and practise. Unfortunately for your conventional fun-loving player who just goes where the fight is, it can be difficult to motivate them to learn about the counter-intuitive way Conquest plays out.

ah ok i see and thx glad you like it and it could help! :)

@Rufo.3716 said:Seriously. I'm sick of arguing with players who think they know how to play properly when all they do is cost teams wins. Maybe if there was a mandatory tutorial for players to go through before playing ranked maybe we could have an actual productive ranked season.

I really don't think this would be as effective as you imagine, but I'd support the effort anyway. :)

At least you have the other side getting 5/9 chances to get those bad players, while your side only has 4/9, so you should eventually get back up to where you belong...

It was us, the players, who made the meta and made the rules of rotations. Why does ANET need to make a tutorial for things we made? I'd rather those resources be put to better use like implementing a system that gets rid of idle players.

Archived