How about implementing permanent no downstate?

Farout.8207

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Farout.8207 said:Just curious who all would be for making no downstate permanent. I was skeptical when Anet first mentioned it but now I really miss it. It was a blast and allowed me to win some outnumbered fights that I most likely would have lost otherwise. What exactly is the point of downstate anyway?

How about they do something useful and good like implement permanent no Ground Target AoEs.

@"Pagan Highlander.5948" said:The Current SUPER Meteor shower by Elementalists is a perfect example of why we all should just say "NO!" to this

Not sure I see the logic here. No downed state is going to hurt eles far more than help them. Myself and several guildies commented as much this weekend about how we would down 3-4 eles in the backline and they would either be mass rezzed up or rally off of their meteor showers. If you wanted to cull the meteor showers you need only bring back no downed state.

@Hackuuna.4085 said:

@"Pagan Highlander.5948" said:The Current SUPER Meteor shower by Elementalists is a perfect example of why we all should just say "NO!" to this

Not sure I see the logic here. No downed state is going to hurt eles far more than help them. Myself and several guildies commented as much this weekend about how we would down 3-4 eles in the backline and they would either be mass rezzed up or rally off of their meteor showers. If you wanted to cull the meteor showers you need only bring back no downed state.

I think what he meant was, many were in agreement that Scourge was what made WvW zerg play so toxic; their mechanics lead to FB being required, and equally OP build to counter the OP necro build. Well ANET went and finally addressed that with the Balance Patch, and now instead of 6-7 scourges in a 20 man squad, we have 6-7 Eles running one with Meteor Shower.

Point is, WvW will never be perfect, it will always be unbalanced. Accept it for its flaws or play a different game mode. (or wait until it's fixed with flaws you prefer?)

Archived