When was the last server update for NA?

hunkamania.7561

@Optimator.3589 said:

@"XenesisII.1540" said:Boy.. by the time alliances arrive, we're just going to have 2 huge alliances battling it out... and people want the alliance cap higher.. lol.

I'm not sure having a couple mega-alliances is actually all that bad a thing. WvW just doesn't have enough NA players to keep 4 tiers really active anymore. We've been due for server consolidations for some some time now.

Yeah NA needs to lose t4 at this point. The only time you get 4 map queues is reset night for a couple hours(unless someone can point out otherwise).I don't see enough guilds around to make 9 competitive alliances for 9 worlds, most of the big organized guilds are already in those two alliances. So what are we left with? 2 worlds stacked with the big guilds and 6-7 worlds that will be feeding worlds? I mean hey at least those two will be stuck in "t1" but how's that going to be any different than what we had in the past year when bg and sos were stuck in t1 beating up on the 3rd place sucker and everyone else trying to avoid t1, just the pugs are gonna be spread out lol.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can either do 10 man raids with 40 pugs not listening, or you can move to a server with other players with a similar mindset. So people move to other players with a similar mindset. You can tell me to train them but, they won't come voice, they won't reroll, they won't run any builds and they won't push with us. How do you teach pugs anything if they plain refuse to listen yet insist on following you every raid? Who's really looking for free bags?

Yet, if everyone joins your server with similar mentality you will have nothing to fight. I understand where you're coming from tho. It sucks tagging up and having guys not join voice comms or getting on meta classes. These casuals wanna get carried and babysat and they can also join your l33t fight server and clog up the Q's like they did on Maguuma and many other bandwagon servers in the past.

You can either do 10 man raids with 40 pugs not listening, or you can move to a server with other players with a similar mindset. So people move to other players with a similar mindset. You can tell me to train them but, they won't come voice, they won't reroll, they won't run any builds and they won't push with us. How do you teach pugs anything if they plain refuse to listen yet insist on following you every raid? Who's really looking for free bags?

Yet, if everyone joins your server with similar mentality you will have nothing to fight. I understand where you're coming from tho. It sucks tagging up and having guys not join voice comms or getting on meta classes. These casuals wanna get carried and babysat and they can also join your l33t fight server and clog up the Q's like they did on Maguuma and many other bandwagon servers in the past.

You only need 2-3 capable servers; if the other 12 are freefarm then I guess that's just a sacrifice that has to be made. I much rather have the more balanced approach the game used to have, but the game has lost too many veterans and dedicated WvW players to enable that. Nowadays everyone is casual, too casual to organise and thus too casual to be a challenge no matter how hard you try.

Sounds like 470 people to fight. Some challenging bags. Anyone open to an alliance with half those numbers to farm them? I hope Xushin blesses us with his omnipotence."Balance" like over stacked unchecked population? WvW has never achieved "balance." This is probably the closest it has gotten to "balance" with server links. Where each server has like 2 capable guilds, then the rest are fodder.

Archived