How is this possible? Invisible thief immobilise with no data in the combat log

anduriell.6280

I got immobilised by a invisible thief with no data in the log (just black powder), can somebody explain how is that possible?Lately we are seeing many reports of strange occurrences: Soulbeast which can deal 60k in one attack, permanent immunities.. Now random attacks which are not reflected in the combat log...Is it possible there is a new cheat engine which allows this people to do this things? (by the way i'm running 2800 armor, ping 95)

Video is very short outnumbered in eternal battleground dying nonstop.

First, the Ranger has been damaging you, then the Thief showed up and use Steal. At the same time, the Ranger dropped your health below 50% which triggered the Thief's trait Panic Strike, effectively immobilizing you. You can see the kind of conditions you received what exactly the Thief did.

Here is the possible scenario;

• Thief pre-cast Black Powder
  • Steal (applied Poison + Weakness due to Serpent Touch and Lotus Poison)
  • Black Powder deals damage (applied Blind and damage that brought you below 50% health, thus triggering Panic Strike applying immobilize and poison+weakness)
  • You died

Yes thank you. It’s the first time I’ve been hit by that trait so clearly and it really triggered my paranoia (you know after reading those 60k one shot soulbeast)

Actually I think it was just the black powder + panic strike what stuck me in place.

Those ranger arrows thou... I need to get that build ( it must be full zerker + serious buffs as I was going with 2.8k armor)

@Sir Vincent III.1286 said:First, the Ranger has been damaging you, then the Thief showed up and use Steal. At the same time, the Ranger dropped your health below 50% which triggered the Thief's trait Panic Strike, effectively immobilizing you. You can see the kind of conditions you received what exactly the Thief did.

• Black Powder deals damage (applied Blind and damage that brought you below 50% health, thus triggering Panic Strike applying immobilize and poison+weakness)
  • You died

Spot on. The only thing I'm curious about is that I don't see any Poison damage in the combat log even though the icon is clearly visible. Did it just not have enough time to tick? Or maybe I just missed it :-P

@Kageseigi.2150 said:

@Sir Vincent III.1286 said:First, the Ranger has been damaging you, then the Thief showed up and use Steal. At the same time, the Ranger dropped your health below 50% which triggered the Thief's trait Panic Strike, effectively immobilizing you. You can see the kind of conditions you received what exactly the Thief did.

• You died

Spot on. The only thing I'm curious about is that I don't see any Poison damage in the combat log even though the icon is clearly visible. Did it just not have enough time to tick? Or maybe I just missed it :-P

got cleansed on hiting downstate wich was before the tick was able to apply. many conditions do not tick with application but a bit later. i am running SA with shadows embrace and i can oft for example walk through a mortar field without getting in combat as the burning gets cleansed before it hits.

Archived