Desert Map Completion - No Key or Transmute, just an exotic chest and a little XP?

Desert Map Completion doesn't appear to give anything other than a class exotic chest and some XP. No key, no transmute, and no unique items. Kinda a letdown and discourages completing on multiple characters, especially since the exotic chest is the same as for HoT, so if you EVER completed a HoT map with a class you already have that completed for the specialization collection. There really should be more to make it worth it, especially since after the brief window where you are leveling masteries for your mounts XP will return to being worthless and these class chests have never dropped anything that isn't just immediate salvage. The only thing that made map completion worth it on multiple characters before was the chance for a key, Gift of Exploration, and the Maguuma Gifts. As it stands it's not worth the time to redo PoF map completions.

@WARIORSCHARGEING.2637 said:op and the rest of you need to check ALL FORUMS . if you checked the game bug web site of the forums . you would found out before you posted . that this is bugged and anet knows about it . READ THIS TOPIC https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/3289/map-completion-no-rewards#latest

That's about the CHEST not awarding. In fact, if you go further into the topic, you will find several other people saying the same thing I am regarding how just the chest is a bad reward.

@Boogiepop Void.6473 said:

@WARIORSCHARGEING.2637 said:op and the rest of you need to check ALL FORUMS . if you checked the game bug web site of the forums . you would found out before you posted . that this is bugged and anet knows about it . READ THIS TOPIC

That's about the CHEST not awarding. In fact, if you go further into the topic, you will find several other people saying the same thing I am regarding how just the chest is a bad reward.

because it is BUGGED AND YOU CAN NOT GET THE CHEST RIGHT NOW IT IS BUGGED if you do world compilations in path of fire.

No chance for a BLK? No reason to finish the maps. I've done World completion 13 times, and most of those characters have everything except for a couple LS maps. Other than the occasional Black Lion Key, I have had only rarely received completion rewards that were worth more than 40silver total. Once in a while doing Orr, I'll get 40 Orichalcum or 40 ancient wood logs, but outside of that the completion rewards are so poor the only reason to complete a map is for the 25% chance at a black lion key.Recently I finished Verdant Brink on a new character. I got the zone token, a 35silver exotic, a transmute charge, and 30 barbed thorns. I can be fine with that so long as there's a steady chance at a black lion key. If the new zones have no chance of a key, they aren't worth completing.

@Neural.1824 said:No chance for a BLK? No reason to finish the maps. I've done World completion 13 times, and most of those characters have everything except for a couple LS maps. Other than the occasional Black Lion Key, I have had only rarely received completion rewards that were worth more than 40silver total. Once in a while doing Orr, I'll get 40 Orichalcum or 40 ancient wood logs, but outside of that the completion rewards are so poor the only reason to complete a map is for the 25% chance at a black lion key.Recently I finished Verdant Brink on a new character. I got the zone token, a 35silver exotic, a transmute charge, and 30 barbed thorns. I can be fine with that so long as there's a steady chance at a black lion key. If the new zones have no chance of a key, they aren't worth completing.

this is for ONLY PATH OF FIRE it is BUGGED RIGHT NOW none of that other stuff you are trying to talk about even matters or counts at all as it has NOTING AT ALL TO DO WITH PATH OF FIRE PACK being BUGGED right now . and you can not get the chest even !!!

@WARIORSCHARGEING.2637 said:

@Neural.1824 said:No chance for a BLK? No reason to finish the maps. I've done World completion 13 times, and most of those characters have everything except for a couple LS maps. Other than the occasional Black Lion Key, I have had only rarely received completion rewards that were worth more than 40silver total. Once in a while doing Orr, I'll get 40 Orichalcum or 40 ancient wood logs, but outside of that the completion rewards are so poor the only reason to complete a map is for the 25% chance at a black lion key.Recently I finished Verdant Brink on a new character. I got the zone token, a 35silver exotic, a transmute charge, and 30 barbed thorns. I can be fine with that so long as there's a steady chance at a black lion key. If the new zones have no chance of a key, they aren't worth completing.

this is for ONLY PATH OF FIRE it is BUGGED RIGHT NOW none of that other stuff you are trying to talk about even matters or counts at all as it has NOTING AT ALL TO DO WITH PATH OF FIRE PACK being BUGGED right now . and you can not get the chest even !!!

After the announced bug fix, I did get chests for every completion.

@Manasa Devi.7958 said:

After the announced bug fix, I did get chests for every completion.

that is great news to hear . and glad they did get it fixed and you got every thing :3

Nah you get your class cache. I did Oasis/Highlands/Desolation and got a Necromancer box and 8k xp from each. No key or transmutation charge though. Only one exotic. The rewards for map complete are pretty bad compared to other maps', especially when you can 100% Dry Top with very little issue and get two exotics rather than one. Only worth doing for achievements it seems.

That bug was patched yesterday though. OP is talking about the reward, not the lack of it.

Yeah, I agree the rewards are very lackluster for map completion for the PoF maps. I feel the minimum to rewards should contain that chance for the BLK, like almost every other map in the game. It's very disheartening to finish map completion for a brand new map and just receive a small box for my effort.

Archived