Help On An Achievement: Light Up The Darkness

@Cyninja.2954 said:

@"lare.5129" said:stressful achievement, that not compared whit chill and friendly other parts. It not maked by guildwars spirit I think.As for me it should be have saved progress. First times 3, and you have 3/8, next time one more 3, and you have 6/8 .. and on 3th wil be done.

Now the achiv looks not good. Hope it will be fixed.

The achievement has remained the same all the way back to vanilla, where given the lack of power creep of HoT and PoF, it was by far the hardest.

There is nothing to "fix". The achievement works as intended.

You can now:A. Get gud and finish it now.B. Hope for more power creep with a future expansion and try again.

Wasent there a bug with poison core thief that made her really easy.

@Linken.6345 said:

@"lare.5129" said:stressful achievement, that not compared whit chill and friendly other parts. It not maked by guildwars spirit I think.As for me it should be have saved progress. First times 3, and you have 3/8, next time one more 3, and you have 6/8 .. and on 3th wil be done.

The achievement has remained the same all the way back to vanilla, where given the lack of power creep of HoT and PoF, it was by far the hardest.

You can now:A. Get gud and finish it now.B. Hope for more power creep with a future expansion and try again.

Could be, but that would be no different than running condi thief now, given the damage increase from the expansions and better movement skills.

You still need to get the 8 stacks.

@Linken.6345 said:

As far as i remember, the bug was, that it was possible to kill her with lifeleech, while she is normally invulnerable. But 8 orbs wouldn't have worked with this bug, because after 3 you would have to fight here the normal way.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@lare.5129 said:stressful achievement, that not compared whit chill and friendly other parts. It not maked by guildwars spirit I think.As for me it should be have saved progress. First times 3, and you have 3/8, next time one more 3, and you have 6/8 .. and on 3th wil be done.

That would defeat the entire point of the achievement as someone can just kamikaze the orbs until they have eight, restart the fight, and just focus her the entire time.

It's not a difficult achievement. You just need to learn the pattern.

Don't sugarcoat it and say it's not hard. You'll only make them feel more entitled about not being able to achieve it.

It is hard as it takes more effort than usual so those who put in the effort and find a way to achieve this hard task deserve the recognition from the game UI. It can and should remain as is as it's a dead end achievement anyway just like Three Golem Monte.

@Cyninja.2954 said:

@lare.5129 said:stressful achievement, that not compared whit chill and friendly other parts. It not maked by guildwars spirit I think.As for me it should be have saved progress. First times 3, and you have 3/8, next time one more 3, and you have 6/8 .. and on 3th wil be done.

You forgot C. Forget it even existed. Don't let it bug you.

I sure haven't, though people that can't distinguish desires from needs sure strike a nerve.

@Cyninja.2954 said:

Power creep has nothing to do with this particular achievement. The boss has hardly any health and deals low damage. The entire challenge is getting the 8 orbs before you kill her.

@AliamRationem.5172 said:

Power creep has nothing to do with this particular achievement. The boss has hardly any health and deals low damage. The entire challenge is getting the 8 orbs before you kill her.

While I agree, the improved movement kit on for example Daredevil or say Mirage with Jaunt, makes it far easier to avoid being hit by the multiple 1-shot attacks.

The higher damage helps in finishing the fight before the timer runs out, which can ne an issue when going for 8 orbs.

So I wouldn't say power creep has no effect.