NA Servers / EU population

Actium.8765

@Grim West.3194 said:ANET made some very, very poor design choices when they created WvW. But instead of owning up to it ANET blamed JQ for their failures. Then, doubling down on stupid, ANET helped create BandwagonGate to kill JQ and in the process ruined WvW.

If ANET opens BG then ANET will be admitting that they have learned nothing and are hell bent on killing WvW.

I expect BG to be open very soon.

What?

I remember very well first few months of launch. Players begin their propaganda and try to sell specific servers, JQ is one of those servers. Players didn't stop their propaganda, they continue to do it for months and years. Again, JQ is one of such servers. Players have to a lot to do with how unbalance WvW is and how such propaganda became a acceptable culture, finally how such culture create such WvW.

What anet fails at is not putting a leash which allows players to continue the path of self destruction.

@Slick.7164 said:and Exa ( I think that right) but we linked together. Exa very good euro but we teamed with them now. They hard core guild to fight. We fight against Hop guild (from BG, they huge numbers and get bag farmed) not the guilds fault but a map que of pugs. Butt and Fate from Kaineng run a lot of rangers that kill themselves with reflection. They outnumber us but not organized. Not fun bag farming them. Want to go back to t2 and fight with nsp Sovereign. Got much respect and good fights. T1 ques and blobbing hella boring. Anyway, look at ExA on Sor I think, Look at AIR on HoD. Other than that, try to stay out of t1. Its boring.

Who is this Hop guild? Hope? Or you mean HoB? HoB is actually more of a SEA guild, but Bengbus goes where the bus goes. But if I don't get to call them an NA guild, EU doesn't get to claim Beng either. And either way, not a map q. BG has one...ONE.... dedicated EU guild. NINE. There is no map q. Feans would have kittens of delight if he could get a map q. I suppose there could be smaller guilds running about mysteriously, but that's not a map q.

Sidenote:Just pls don't open BG, I'd settle for a link. BG/JQ link when Anet? Just because some of us would like to watch the world burn. Do it. For science.

@Grim West.3194 said:ANET made some very, very poor design choices when they created WvW. But instead of owning up to it ANET blamed JQ for their failures. Then, doubling down on stupid, ANET helped create BandwagonGate to kill JQ and in the process ruined WvW.

If ANET opens BG then ANET will be admitting that they have learned nothing and are hell bent on killing WvW.

The irrational persecution complex is strong in this one.

Yes, Anet hates JQ so much that they're deliberately trying to kill wvw just to spite one specific server.

Yes, what's bad for JQ is bad for wvw as a whole.

Give me a f'in break. JQ's issues were created 100% by JQ's players (or former players). End. of. Story.

@BlueMelody.6398 said:

Yes, Anet hates JQ so much that they're deliberately trying to kill wvw just to spite one specific server.

Give me a f'in break. JQ's issues were created 100% by JQ's players (or former players). End. of. Story.

Head in sand? Yep.

The issues were created by ANET's incompetent game design. Players will always look for an edge and try to game the system. Anyone who has played a game knows that. It's the DEV's job to recognize that basic truth and design accordingly. Instead ANET blamed the players for doing what humans do naturally.

If ANET had designed the game properly and managed the players (you don't let the inmates run the prison) none of these recurring issues (see BG's current problems and the continuing overstacking of servers) would have happened. But instead ANET failed, ran away, and left WvW to rot.

I would ignore all the recommendations that people have given previously in this thread. There are a few servers with EU coverage on NA servers, but there's just no good competition on the NA servers in the EU timezone unless you want to Ktrain. Definitely do not go to any of the servers that people are saying have EU coverage.

@Grim West.3194 said:

The issues were created by ANET's incompetent game design.
Players will always look for an edge and try to game the system.
Anyone who has played a game knows that. It's the DEV's job to recognize that basic truth and design accordingly. Instead ANET blamed the players for doing what humans do naturally.

Therefore it is the players' fault. I do not accept your "We couldn't help it, we're only human" nonsense. I am human, I do not attempt to game the system, and neither do the vast majority of people I play with. As a person YOU have the choice how to play. Take responsibility for your own actions. You don't have to steal a wallet just because you see someone drop theirs and not notice.

@BlueMelody.6398 said:

Anyone who has played a game knows that. It's the DEV's job to recognize that basic truth and design accordingly. Instead ANET blamed the players for doing what humans do naturally.

Therefore it is the players' fault. I do not accept your "We couldn't help it, we're only human" nonsense. I am human, I do not attempt to game the system, and neither do the vast majority of people I play with. As a person YOU have the choice how to play. Take responsibility for your own actions. You don't have to steal a wallet just because you see someone drop theirs and not notice.

You can't really be that naive.

@Grim West.3194 said:

I call it correct, not naive.

People made a conscious choice. Then come into the forums and complain about why it is someone else's fault.

Creating the opportunity doesn't mean it was forced not encouraged. Players chose to stack, and quite honestly, still are choosing.

And feeling like alliances will be different is a fallacy as well.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

People made a conscious choice. Then come into the forums and complain about why it is someone else's fault.

Creating the opportunity doesn't mean it was forced not encouraged. Players chose to stack, and quite honestly, still are choosing.

Blaming the customer for the failure of the product is NEVER a winning strategy. It's just whining.

Human nature can't be changed. You design your game with that in mind or you fail. ANET failed.

@Grim West.3194 said:

Blaming the customer for the failure of the product is NEVER a winning strategy.

Human nature can't be changed. You design your game with that in mind or you fail. ANET failed.

Yes, because it is always someone else's fault.

Choice doesn't exist.

id be impationate and will judge after the fact happens.

devs could surprise me, like the system now is just so much better than when it started, except for losing tourneys and the wvw support for pve connection.

and i am hanging on the idea that tiers can add or subtract based on activity. (this for me is the win win)

worse case scenario is my guild be queing for wvw while waiting in eotm.

It is funny how some people expect anet to be firm then when anet do become firm, they QQ at how they destroyed their community. Gw2 players are so full of doubles standards. Then again, this also explains why people can justify bandwagoning and stacking for fights. Lol.

Some people really think the whole world is pluralistic ignorance and would blindly buy their stories.

Archived