Bought the garden plots, kinda regretting it.

Trae.2384

If you're farming only for the primers, the trick is to start with a base supply, around 10 each, before using the first 2. Then through daily gathering (and the trick to extend the 2 hours to 3 hours) you'll stay roughly even in supply vs demand even if you play longer on some days.

The extend trick is on the wiki and works with both the 2 hour and 12 hour primers, you just have to watch the time remaining, when it hits less than 10 mins, pop 1 more food and 1 more wrench and you get another hour. Note: Worthless if your foods are already a 1 hour duration, but quite useful if they are 20-30 mins.

@Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:

@Ayakaru.6583 said:Agreed,I got them because i wanted more truffles for raid foodTruffles are one of the few items they locked out.
why?

I can understand having 8 truffle nodes would impact the economy but..1) We paid BIG gems for it2) Ye could’ve made them special nodes with a limit of 2 if ye’re scared they’ll impact the economy

Borh Orrian Truffles and Snow Truffles already have home instance nodes. The garden plot can't grow
anything
that already has a node.

yes, thats what I learned in hindsight, but I find this a very poor decision.It's not an ingame acquired item, it's a paid-for-in-gemstore item, meaning it shouldn't have arbitrary restrictions like that

I'm only farming the food primer at the moment so done a 50/50 of four koda blossom and four krytan spiderwort in the two plots.

Popping a gathering booster last thing on day 1 allows reuse of same booster after reset on day 2, so I'm using one booster every two days. Together with the karma sickle I'm getting enough plants for around two primers a day (depending on rng - sometimes you get loads of one plant from a harvest and less of another).

So far I'm finding that a nice investment, with the only requirement of logging in to harvest each day - of course there will be times of not having the opportunity to log in at all, but I don't think it takes too many days to pay for itself in terms of food costs.

Once that third plot is unlocked I'll start farming the utility primers as well, and do 3 of each plant (4 different plants and 12 growing spaces, assuming the third plot is the same as the first two). Hopefully they unlock it soon either as part of some in game achievement or just the ability to get three on the gemstore.

@Ayakaru.6583 said:

@Ayakaru.6583 said:Agreed,I got them because i wanted more truffles for raid foodTruffles are one of the few items they locked out.
why?

I can understand having 8 truffle nodes would impact the economy but..1) We paid BIG gems for it2) Ye could’ve made them special nodes with a limit of 2 if ye’re scared they’ll impact the economy

Borh Orrian Truffles and Snow Truffles already have home instance nodes. The garden plot can't grow
anything
that already has a node.

yes, thats what I learned in hindsight, but I find this a very poor decision.It's not an ingame acquired item, it's a paid-for-in-gemstore item, meaning it shouldn't have arbitrary restrictions like that

The nodes are also gem store items that come from black lion chests. They probably make more money selling keys than most things in the store. They're not really in the habit of releasing gem store items that invalidate other gem store items.

@Deimos.4263 said:I think I'm gardening wrong. But I have a looooot of onions.

If your doing it for pure profit Im pretty sure onions and/or carrots are the plant to grow. Havnt looked in a while though but theres a wiki that shows real time most profitable seeds. I have stacks and stacks of onions and carrots and havnt touched them in years so thats not my intention for these plots. I must say though after about a week of farming the elixer mats with potion and bounty-glyphed sycles im raking in a ton more mats. If I had to do it over I still wouldnt get them but im hating them much less now.

Archived