You can't design a hybrid class like ele and expect it to work..

Arheundel.6451

@"Quasar.1756" said:Ok, so let's get to the nitty gritty of things.

What is the "biggest' issue with Elementalists? - and - What can Anet do to satisfy / appease the Elementalist community of GW2?

All replies are welcomed.

First and easy solution: Buffs. In numbers, ranges, durations, whatever, there are several discussions already.

Second and more hard: Rework traitlines. Like being dependant on water for cleanses. Auras suck. Also, plenty of discussions already.

This thread is more of a statement I don't totally agree with. Number tweaks could make ele viable again (even several builds, kind of), but it would not solve the deeper problems, indeed.

What is the "biggest' issue with Elementalists? - and - What can Anet do to satisfy / appease the Elementalist community of GW2?

You know, I'm honestly not sure that I could give a "what would satisfy the whole community, even though it's a fair question. My immediate go-to answer would be to constrast the difference in tone (and factual accuracy) of Gaile's post in this forum (and that it's the only one in 2018 from a Dev at all) with the post she made in the Thief forums just today. Gail posted to allay fears, explain, and apologize for inconvenience... no dismissal, no jokes, no sarcasm... FAR more professional. Let's start there, my amended answer: be more professional with the Elementalist community.

@Nate.5109 said:

You know, I'm honestly not sure that I could give a "what would satisfy the
whole
community, even though it's a fair question. My immediate go-to answer would be to constrast the difference in tone (and factual accuracy) of Gaile's post in this forum (and that it's the only one in 2018 from a Dev
at all
) with the post she made in the Thief forums just today.
... no dismissal, no jokes, no sarcasm... FAR more professional. Let's start there, my amended answer: be more professional with the Elementalist community.

/sigh.... Wouldn't THAT be nice? :/

No bias, indeed....

• ArenaNet Staff

This thread began with positive intentions. But it's devolved into a lot of complaints, such as "devs don't read about my profession," or "the mods are unfair" (even when handling with standard, unbiased, well-thought forum moderation), or spam reports for every thread that someone feels should also be moved, because they're upset about this thread's move. (And not all is visible now, but it really isn't helpful to have so much chatter in an important thread.)

I think it's important to discuss this topic, but get ON TOPIC and stay there. And in so doing, I suggest a fresh start. Quasar asked a good question. VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig gave some opinions. Great! I will try to split off those posts and we'll this this another go. Because we do care, but we're not going to ask anyone to plow through conversations about the conversation rather than a conversation about the concerns. Your best best is to remain relevant and constructive.

To answer the questions:

• Yes, the forum is read, regularly and with care. Reading is very helpful to the team, but responses take much more time and may not be as directly of value.
  • Yes, the devs are aware of your concerns and do care about them.
  • And yes, balance is challenging to understand (and challenging to accomplish) but no one posting does so in a vacuum and everyone should consider that they may have a small amount of prejudice towards or in support of their chosen profession. And the preceding comment does not in ANY forum negate anyone's opinion, but asks merely for an open mind and an attempt for truly balanced conversations about... balance.

Archived