What is Rifle Deadeye good for?

Link.1049

Which mode did Anet design Rifle Deadeye for? Skill 4 gets tripped up by candles and small rocks... and most of the PvP maps the fight zone is a small box so range is limited. It has limited mobility so it's usefulness in PvP is right out in anything above silver tier. In WvW... it's again, not mobile and single target based so not very viable. in PvE you're mainly up against large groups of mobs, and with limited health, single target functionality, and again lower mobility it's limited in in usability. I have found one build for PvE that works for it...but it requires making my own army since the rifle can't stand on its own.

@Link.1049 said:In WvW... it's again, not mobile and single target based so not very viable.

At one point pistols were good in wvw now both guns should be shooting into minions and anyone standing in front of target almost completely eliminating them hitting their target in wvw minus the ricochet rfg making them single target in tagging and damaging.

Yeah... I've noticed that rifle hits whatever is in front of it... even if it's not your target which makes it annoying when there are a lot of people in an area. Also fence areas (not just the posts) will block bullets, slight terrain differences, and even if you have line of sight, those slight terrain differences will change line of sight. I've got to imagine that line of sight is always based at mid shin on an asura.

@ArthurDent.9538 said:The ranged damage is really high both burst and sustained, and the mobility is second only to daredevil. I really don't understand why people think dead-eye is trash, other than limited cleaving.

Because in 5v5 conquest deadeye is just literally too slow...too slow to engage too slow to set up too slow to rotate. It's a decent plus one like a glass LB druid is. And like glass LB druid, Daredevil is better.

@Link.1049 said:Which mode did Anet design Rifle Deadeye for? Skill 4 gets tripped up by candles and small rocks... and most of the PvP maps the fight zone is a small box so range is limited. It has limited mobility so it's usefulness in PvP is right out in anything above silver tier. In WvW... it's again, not mobile and single target based so not very viable. in PvE you're mainly up against large groups of mobs, and with limited health, single target functionality, and again lower mobility it's limited in in usability. I have found one build for PvE that works for it...but it requires making my own army since the rifle can't stand on its own.

Deadeye will shine in WvW and that's basically it. Conquest it can't hold points, so unless you have a very good comp that can, it's what others have said on these forums that your basically trollin. I think it's a lot of fun, just sucks in SPvP.

I warn them not to rush things, they seems very eager and wanted to go into the big league.Of course none of them listen.How do i put this, it's not well design and actually it is very very shameful in terms of current existing game mode which required tactical awareness that failed in other team based gaming history like shooter, but its a no go for me since start and maybe my opinion does not matter because lacking on one versus one (am working on it) skill since am not into upgrading expansion yet, the only problem for me now is, how to get more Grandmaster marks w/o crafting.

saw a thf running d/p and rifle in the arena. was very difficult to beat and it got to a point i couldn't kill it on warrior. he would stealth/ port away before i ever had a chance to retaliate and he would mark to spam stuns on you so he could close in. I only ever saw him use rifle on classes where he needed to (scourge) or to finish off a fleeing target without porting to them.

Archived