Too much Stealth in PvP?

lilypop.7819

This season the fad seems to be 'stealthing up', with team fights degenerating into blinking/warping chars and de-targeting become a major offensive tactic above all else. May well be balanced in 1v1 fights but in 5v5 it's a mockery of fighting as just targeting a char - rather than a pet etc, is THE major problem. Chars who can't de-target are starting to become fodder - which is probably why it's becoming popular resulting in positive feedback.

Needs fixing., or just give every class stealth and we can all share is this abysmal joke of gameplay.

Seriously, this is getting irritating, what's that mole game called again?

Way to much stealth. Oh and btw, DE trait line has an elite skill that says screw your reveal, I get to stealth anyway. DE basically has perma stealth that ignores reveal. All this stealth does make me want to quit the game.

I even joked in a dev WvW stream about perma stealth weekend. They kind of laughed at the possibilities but I don't think they got my joke though.

1v1 no doubt. But most stealthers are girly peek-a-boo fighters so current counters are of low utility in 5v5. But the real problem is that if you can't de-target yourself, you are far more likely to be targeted within your team by the other teams peek-a-boos - its almost like the game automatically targets you to be downed in any crowded fight unless you can spam a de-targeting mechanism.

The problem is the de-target on stealth. There is a reasonable argument that melee thieves need the defensive de-target as they were in your face and lack pets or range. Whatever. But rolling that de-target out to pets-owners and ranged specs is sucky because it places too much emphasis on exploiting gaming mechanics and lag. I mean just because something stealths doesn't mean it disappears from your consciousness.

You really can't spread GW1 C-space gameplay in GW2 PvP giving the huge damage spikes possible - maybe fine if the server is under your desk, but for customers it is not!

Confirm that reveals work as inhibitors - stealth blockers. My guardian has a mighty 1s reveal trap with a very minor damage component - pretty sure it is near worthless in PVP/PvE, best blocker I have seen is 6s on my ranger's pet clearly originally intended as a thief counter as rangers used to be very weak to close-quarters melee. Mmm correction the trap is 1s pulse and lasts 8s, 30s cd, lasts 4seconds (to 12s if you always remain with the trap) in PvP (light column effect) - need to give it a try methinks. Also 6s blocker on SoJ! Thieves can trait for +200 power on an attempted block(reveal). Mmm?!

Would be interesting to see what would happen if all blocks came with a 1s stealth block as well - would put a nasty halt to stealth-burst-based macros. Another small change would be to put a direction pointer on the thief's rifle rosette, this would lessen the pressure to nerf the damage. Whatever.

@lilypop.7819 said:This season the fad seems to be 'stealthing up', with team fights degenerating into blinking/warping chars and de-targeting become a major offensive tactic above all else. May well be balanced in 1v1 fights but in 5v5 it's a mockery of fighting as just targeting a char - rather than a pet etc, is THE major problem. Chars who can't de-target are starting to become fodder - which is probably why it's becoming popular resulting in positive feedback.

Needs fixing., or just give every class stealth and we can all share is this abysmal joke of gameplay.

Seriously, this is getting irritating, what's that mole game called again?

You must be either a warrior or a necro...which one would it be?

Archived