Hi New here 2 weeks now!

ChaoticRox.7689

Only problem I am having with the game is the excessive leaves and trees in certain areas. I can't see ANYTHING which cause me to fall off cliffs. I have also been stuck 9 times in certain places that I cannot get out of,when I am close to reaching something I have worked hard to get to. Other than that, I love the game! Thx!

You can adjust the camera height/position in the settings menu, and you can also scroll in/out to bring the camera closer or further.

There's even a first person camera that you can enable via the settings; it's very useful whenever your character is under low-hanging branches or something else that blocks your view.

As for getting stuck, well, that happens sometimes. Usually if you keep jumping long enough into every direction or spam any teleport skills you might have, you can get out of most tight spots eventually.

@ChaoticRox.7689 said:Only problem I am having with the game is the excessive leaves and trees in certain areas. I can't see ANYTHING which cause me to fall off cliffs. I have also been stuck 9 times in certain places that I cannot get out of,when I am close to reaching something I have worked hard to get to. Other than that, I love the game! Thx!

That's all part of the fun!

But seriously, as others have mentioned, adjusting the camera can often help -- though getting that right can be a mini-game in itself. Zooming in to first person mode can help if you're in tight quarters or in heavy brush, which is sometimes done intentionally because map designers are evil.

And, of course, welcome to GW2! It's been six years for me, and I still consider it the best game I've ever played.

Though your mileage may vary. ;)

@ChaoticRox.7689 said:Only problem I am having with the game is the excessive leaves and trees in certain areas. I can't see ANYTHING which cause me to fall off cliffs.

You need to check your graphics settings (POV distance, etc.). Press F11 to enter the game settings.

I have also been stuck 9 times in certain places

This happens every now and then, but this often? What have you been doing there? :p

Also, whenever you are really stuck, type /stuck in chat and hit enter. It auto generates a bug report. I've found...3 places I think where I got stuck - somehow found a hole in terrain a couple of times and another time I actually found a nice little hole in Verdant Brink that there was no way to get out of, and was too small to get on any of the mounts. It doesn't happen very often, but reporting it puts it on Anet's list to research and resolve.

Archived