A reason to pick the soulbeast StanceBoon?

WilnerGW.3275

Hi All;I like the boonbeast Stance build, its good for 1v1's, have good sustain, decent mobility and some support!But, whats the reason to pick this build instead of others meta choises?

If i want to be the side node onwer, why would i pick a SoulBeast instead of Spellbreaker or The Mirage?Dont take me wrong, i love ranger! But, asides from the personal preference to a class, is there any strategic reason to pick this build?

@WilnerGW.3275 said:

@ZeroSkitzo.5403 said:Because you like it more than the other meta builds. Boonbeast is a side noder as well so holds its own against spb and mirage

Assuming two players of equal skill...is there any possibility that a Soulbeast can beast a Mirage?

A bow soulbeast, no. An axe boonbeast, I’d say they’re equal. Hard to find people with exact equal skill but most on the forums will probably say mirage ultimately.

i would say to pick boon beast over spellbreaker and mirage when the focus will be 1v1, which you can all win. guess home node can't be lost if you put a boon beast on it

i have a hard time staying alive when outnumbered, classes like holo, rev, thief hit like a truck.mes is way more mobile, can take more roles. spellbreaker more sustain (at least for a while). both classes can't really be stunlocked so easily.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong. Mirage brings portal. Soulbeast and Holosmith both bring some utility/team support. Spellbreaker brings rampage? This is all on top of being competent at side nodding.

In my opinion both Soulbeast and Holosmith are the more flexible picks here because of their ability to win 1v1s, rotate around the map quickly, and make team mates lives easier through some healing and boons.

@HeadCrowned.6834 said:

@HeadCrowned.6834 said:The meta Boonbeast wins versus warrior and usually wins versus mirage as well, so its arguably the best side noder atm. Mesmer brings portal tho.

Almost everything wins vs warrior. And holosmith with vs war and mirage aswell.

Your point being?

This does not make it the best side-noder then.

@Poelala.2830 said:

@HeadCrowned.6834 said:The meta Boonbeast wins versus warrior and usually wins versus mirage as well, so its arguably the best side noder atm. Mesmer brings portal tho.

Your point being?

It has no losing matchup, so yes it is the best side noder.

@HeadCrowned.6834 said:

Your point being?

It has a losing matchup vs. longbow ranger and it can be killed by a core guardian.

@Poelala.2830 said:

Your point being?

It has a losing matchup vs. longbow ranger and it can be killed by a core guardian.

Mwa, still winnable. Besides, that doesnt mean that soulbeast is not the best side noder. Every class has some form of a counter, but thats really irrelevant.

Archived