Balance downstates

Balsa.3951

@Balsa.3951 said:what makes u think stability is not working on mesmer downstate in a PVP scenario?

The fact mesmer's got no control skills when downed but is able to break the channel with a well-timed downed 2 regardless of your status.

if u think Ranger downstate is the same strong as mesmer and thief how about we meet duel that for 100 Gold {Downstate only} u come with thief or mesmer we get downed next to each other same time.

Oh no, but the duel of downed states comprises what, under 1% of possible PvP scenarios?In a normal vs downed state duel it's possible for professions other that the ranger to make you waste more time finishing them. In a teamfight you're more likely to rally as a thief or a mesmer because you can teleport out of harm's way while you're waiting for your team to do their part of the job and help you rally.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Airdive.2613 said:

@Balsa.3951 said:what makes u think stability is not working on mesmer downstate in a PVP scenario?

The fact mesmer's got no control skills when downed but is able to break the channel with a well-timed downed 2 regardless of your status.

if u think Ranger downstate is the same strong as mesmer and thief how about we meet duel that for 100 Gold {Downstate only} u come with thief or mesmer we get downed next to each other same time.

Oh no, but the duel of downed states comprises what, under 1% of possible PvP scenarios?In a normal vs downed state duel it's possible for professions other that the ranger to make you waste more time finishing them. In a teamfight you're more likely to rally as a thief or a mesmer because you can teleport out of harm's way while you're waiting for your team to do their part of the job and help you rally.

so what is it now? u need make up ur mind

once u say this downstate is the same strong but now its not ? u know what i mean by balance downstates? ofc nobody gets up when 5 people cleave u while downed and u dont get up when u are 1v2 BUT IF U GET UP 1v1 on a side node fight bcs of ur downstate than something is unbalanced its that simple u can cherry pic scenarios as u like what if..... and so on

follow ur logic no class need balance in a team pvp because even Mesmers elusive mind is fine and perma stealth is fine because its all a team fight.... spare me please

@Balsa.3951 said:once u say this downstate is the same strong but now its not ? u know what i mean by balance downstates? ofc nobody gets up when 5 people cleave u while downed and u dont get up when u are 1v2 BUT IF U GET UP 1v1 on a side node fight bcs of ur downstate than something is unbalanced its that simple u can cherry pic scenarios as u like what if..... and so on

It's like you're intentionally cherry picking scenarios in which you suddenly go down after you've already managed to down the ranger in a duel.If you rally on a side node thanks to your downed skills, it was good decision making on your part when you decided to contest the side node as a ranger, simple as that.

@Airdive.2613 said:

@Balsa.3951 said:once u say this downstate is the same strong but now its not ? u know what i mean by balance downstates? ofc nobody gets up when 5 people cleave u while downed and u dont get up when u are 1v2 BUT IF U GET UP 1v1 on a side node fight bcs of ur downstate than something is unbalanced its that simple u can cherry pic scenarios as u like what if..... and so on

It's like you're intentionally cherry picking scenarios in which you suddenly go down after you've already managed to down the ranger in a duel.If you rally on a side node thanks to your downed skills, it was good decision making on your part when you decided to contest the side node as a ranger, simple as that.

so the ranger is supposed to win every duel between 2 equal skilled player ?

@Balsa.3951 said:

If you can't manage your own actions after you've already downed the ranger - yes, it would seem so.Try not to go down against the AI pet and the ranger's modest downed autoattack?

@Airdive.2613 said:

If you can't manage your own actions
after
you've already downed the ranger - yes, it would seem so.Try not to go down against the AI pet and the ranger's modest downed autoattack?

that's a Mexican stand off now....why is the ranger not held accountable for his action before he went first down ?

@Balsa.3951 said:

after
you've already downed the ranger - yes, it would seem so.Try not to go down against the AI pet and the ranger's modest downed autoattack?

that's a Mexican stand off now....why is the ranger not held accountable for his action before he went first down ?

The ranger is: you have about 10 seconds to finish them using any means available, including any source of stability.In the case of equally skilled players, the bad ranger is going to outplay you (because you're equally bad), but there's little chance for them to outplay you from the downed state if you're both good.

@Airdive.2613 said:

after

The ranger is: you have about 10 seconds to finish them using any means available, including any source of stability.In the case of equally skilled players, the bad ranger is going to outplay you (because you're equally bad), but there's little chance for them to outplay you from the downed state if you're both good.

and that why we balance thank u for proving my point

@Balsa.3951 said:

after

What you really want is to make every downed state pathetic. No ranger's pet mechanics, no necromancer's and mesmer's damage, no thief's and elementalist's mobility, no guardian's utility.In reality, the answer is "Learn to play and finally learn to keep your particular enemy's downed state in mind as you start fighting them". It's not a hard thing to do, or why do you think no one had been whining about the downed state for years?Once you're more experienced with the game's mechanics, you'll deal with each downed state without trouble. Give it some time.

@Airdive.2613 said:

after

What you really want is to make every downed state pathetic. No ranger's pet mechanics, no necromancer's and mesmer's damage, no thief's and elementalist's mobility, no guardian's utility.In reality, the answer is "Learn to play and finally learn to keep your particular enemy's downed state in mind as you start fighting them". It's not a hard thing to do, or why do you think no one had been whining about the downed state for years?Once you're more experienced with the game's mechanics, you'll deal with each downed state without trouble. Give it some time.

nice try putting guard downstate and ranger into the same level WHEN nobody ever said the guardian downstate is strong as the ranger one...

Try again please

@Balsa.3951 said:

after

nice try putting guard downstate and ranger into the same level WHEN nobody ever said the guardian downstate is strong as the ranger one...

Try again please

I can be the first to say it if you want me to.Guardian's downed state is an OK autoattack, AoE knockback and the symbol which heals both the downed guardian and their allies who come to revive them and damages the enemies. It is objectively better than the ranger's in a teamfight scenario.

@Airdive.2613 said:

after

Try again please

I can be the first to say it if you want me to.Guardian's downed state is an OK autoattack, AoE knockback and the symbol which heals both the downed guardian and their allies who come to revive them and damages the enemies. It is objectively better than the ranger's in a teamfight scenario.

1v1 scenario guard and ranger goes down ranger will win that

2v2 scenario both go down ranger will get the faster rezz ranger team now in favor of winning the fight

if u like we can test this in game

if u so sure guard downstate will be better in group scenarios which i explained u before noone get up when be cleaved by 5 people ... we can make a 100 gold bet out of it should be easy money for u than

@Airdive.2613 said:

@Balsa.3951 said:2v2 scenario both go down ranger will get the faster rezz ranger team now in favor of winning the fight

How so? The speed of finish/revival is only affected by your healthy teammates and ranger has nothing to win.

we both have a free day i feel :)OK with the pet u get an extra person to rezz u wich cant be cced

@Balsa.3951 said:

@Balsa.3951 said:2v2 scenario both go down ranger will get the faster rezz ranger team now in favor of winning the fight

How so? The speed of finish/revival is only affected by your healthy teammates and ranger has nothing to win.

we both have a free day i feel :)OK with the pet u get an extra person to rezz u wich cant be cced

Which doesn't matter for the first 10 seconds during which someone is probably going to die of bleeding anyway. And both the pet an the ranger can be controlled. Yes, the pet keeps reviving after the stun ends, but that's just enough time for you to simply finish the ranger.Also, I'm personally always happy for this "extra person" because my thief dagger 4 does a real quick job on those who are close to others and can't evade projectiles.

@Airdive.2613 said:

Which doesn't matter for the first 10 seconds during which someone is probably going to die of bleeding anyway.
And
both the pet an the ranger can be controlled. Yes, the pet keeps reviving after the stun ends, but that's just enough time for you to simply finish the ranger.Also, I'm personally always happy for this "extra person" because my thief dagger 4 does a real quick job on those who are close to others and can't evade projectiles.

i know everything can be countered and if a class get 10 min invulnerability i could just disengage and come back 10 minutes later perfect balanced ... happy u can turn an advantage into a weakness good for u, Anet need more customer like u the balance team just write in their patchnotes "GIT GUD"

@Balsa.3951 said:

Which doesn't matter for the first 10 seconds during which someone is probably going to die of bleeding anyway.
And
both the pet an the ranger can be controlled. Yes, the pet keeps reviving after the stun ends, but that's just enough time for you to simply finish the ranger.Also, I'm personally always happy for this "extra person" because my thief dagger 4 does a real quick job on those who are close to others and can't evade projectiles.

i know everything can be countered and if a class get 10 min invulnerability i could just disengage and come back 10 minutes later perfect balanced ... happy u can turn an advantage into a weakness good for u, Anet need more customer like u the balance team just write in their patchnotes "GIT GUD"

There are no 10-minute invulnerabilities and the solutions to your problems are plentiful and are already in the game.Your time would be better spent composing a better build that will help you deal with what troubles you the most. Add stability, invisibility, invulnerability to your build, go scrapper if you really struggle to reliably finish rangers.

Archived