Balance downstates

Balsa.3951

@Vieux P.1238 said:

@Balsa.3951 said:perhaps pvp and pve need a split in downstate skills.

classes are not build with downstate in mind so its not like class A is weaker than class B so class A gets a better downstate

Downstates are like racial skills, Racial skills where nerfed at some point Downstate was never touched again but it should have.

There is no reason that classes getting a big advantage over other in downstates, that's like in real life boxing the referee start counting 20-0 and for other 5-0 before u be called K.O.

I saw videos on youtube where Mesmers be chased by a thief never hitting the thief than getting downed and while the thief wanted to stomp BOOM illusion downed him, Mesmer wins. Thats something the game does not need.

I change the ranking now

God : Ranger

Top tier: Mesmer, Warrior, Necromancer

( i didnt had mesmer in top tier is because its on very low health while in downstate but some reasons like one shot and the ability to avoid the reaper in the Arena map are huge imbalances)

Fine classes: Guardian, Ele, Thief, Rev, Engi.....

My wish is get rid of downstates which has a high attack power, and a high selfrezz power with more than 2 ccs

This is a joke right?

ur comment is so empty ..... u can laugh quite or contribute to the discussion

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Balsa.3951 said:

classes are not build with downstate in mind so its not like class A is weaker than class B so class A gets a better downstate

Downstates are like racial skills, Racial skills where nerfed at some point Downstate was never touched again but it should have.

There is no reason that classes getting a big advantage over other in downstates, that's like in real life boxing the referee start counting 20-0 and for other 5-0 before u be called K.O.

I saw videos on youtube where Mesmers be chased by a thief never hitting the thief than getting downed and while the thief wanted to stomp BOOM illusion downed him, Mesmer wins. Thats something the game does not need.

I change the ranking now

( i didnt had mesmer in top tier is because its on very low health while in downstate but some reasons like one shot and the ability to avoid the reaper in the Arena map are huge imbalances)

My wish is get rid of downstates which has a high attack power, and a high selfrezz power with more than 2 ccs

This is a joke right?

**God : RangerTop tier: Mesmer, Warrior, Necromancer( i didnt had mesmer in top tier is because its on very low health while in downstate but some reasons like one shot and the ability to avoid the reaper in the Arena map are huge imbalances)

Fine classes: Guardian, Ele, Thief, Rev, Engi.....My wish is get rid of downstates which has a high attack power, and a high selfrezz power with more than 2 ccs**

It's a joke right?

@Vieux P.1238 said:

I change the ranking now

This is a joke right?

**God : RangerTop tier: Mesmer, Warrior, Necromancer( i didnt had mesmer in top tier is because its on very low health while in downstate but some reasons like one shot and the ability to avoid the reaper in the Arena map are huge imbalances)

Fine classes: Guardian, Ele, Thief, Rev, Engi.....My wish is get rid of downstates which has a high attack power, and a high selfrezz power with more than 2 ccs**

It's a joke right?

empty comment is empty but u welcome to write 3 more times its a joke if it helps u

@phs.6089 said:

@Airdive.2613 said:But classes
are
balanced with downed state in mind. There are numerous skills and traits that affect reviving, finishing and the downed state itself. Your entire premise is false.

Right, it is especially balanced on ranger's pet that go strait to revin after interrupt

The pet also takes all damage you can offer and can't evade any attacks. It is situationally strong, but the ability has its own cooldown and the pet has its own health bar. Meaning -> there are ways to deal with this mechanic.

@Airdive.2613 said:

@phs.6089 said:

are
balanced with downed state in mind. There are numerous skills and traits that affect reviving, finishing and the downed state itself. Your entire premise is false.

Right, it is especially balanced on ranger's pet that go strait to revin after interrupt

The pet also takes all damage you can offer and can't evade any attacks. It is situationally strong, but the ability has its own cooldown and the pet has its own health bar. Meaning -> there are ways to deal with this mechanic.

there is just no reason that people even have to deal with the ranger advantage, I dont want fight on the cap get the cap delayed bcs of the ranger has that strong downstate.

Im not talking here class balance i only talk downstate vs downstate and some are overpowered IN COMPARE to other. Give everyone a rezz pet or noone

@Balsa.3951 said:

@phs.6089 said:

are

there is just no reason that people even have to deal with the ranger advantage, I dont want fight on the cap get the cap delayed bcs of the ranger has that strong downstate.

Im not talking here class balance i only talk downstate vs downstate and some are overpowered IN COMPARE to other. Give everyone a rezz pet or noone

Indeed, in a downstate vs downstate scenario a ranger is very likely to win.Still, you already know they are great sidenode survivalists (situationally) before you start fighting them. Don't let the fight come to downed vs downed. Disengage in time or overwhelm them. It's part of your usual decision making and taking it out of the game now, after all these years, would only dumb the game down.

Uhm the only 3 GOOD downstates imo are:Ranger - obvious reasonThief - Great reposition and stomp denial.Elementalist - Best reposition and stomp denial.

All the otherones can be countered quite easily.

And uhm, mesmer downstate is too situational to be called out as "op".Random port, random phantasm angle. random + random = small chance of having everything lined up as perfectly.

Ranger can self rez pretty quickly... Guardian can rez themselves and allies if they're nearMesmers can reposition randomly and the #3 skill does an absurd amount of damage...Elementalists/Thieves can also reposition themselves which is great

on the other hand...Revenants and Thiefs have a complete garbage set of downed skills

You can prevent the mesmer repositioning setback by canceling your finisher and restart just as he starts casting it. Just saying.

Or just cleave, it's usually useless against that and it's always quicker. Doesn't show off fancy finishers though.

There are more serious issues. Make ranger's pet revive interruptible, then that's fine too.

The downed skills are spread out across professions... Ranger downed skills dmg is less just 66dmg but other professions have much dmg... Pet won't benefit if rangers are downed the lick wounds on skill 3 is moderate... Even when you use it, u'll get cleaved or stomped easily... Pet heals 15% of health per second... That means, it takes 6 seconds at least if no one interrupts the process and no Condi stacks on the pet/ranger... If an enemy shows up, ranger has to do 66dmg by throwing dirt...

Rev can apply torment and slow on enemy and shadowstep them 600 yds away... It deals 700dmg while moving and inflicted with slow 1sec on every hit, it takes forever to reach them for cleave

Elementalist apply 5immobility and vapor form 3secs and go to a Faraway place or where their allies are .. and their damage is also decent when downed and 10bleed stacks

Mesmer can inflict much damage with rogue and escape with downed clones, he can down you with his downed state

Necro downed state is synergistic and improves with traits too and high dmg aoe with fear and dmg multipliers on feared opponents... He can down you with life leech

Thief can stealth and teleport and apply a lot of Condi on you which are traited

Engi has dmg and Condi dmg attacks while downed

Guard has aoe heal and moderate dmg too

Warrior... Vengeance if noone comes to the rescue and burst you to death and traited, increases chance of rally upon defeating enemy... Imagine downed fight between two players... Warriors suddenly gets up and bursts the other to death

Ranger gets advantage only when enemy is also downed... Else, lick wounds is just another excuse...

After all this, I'd say ranger downed state skills are moderate but not godlike...

Thief , engineer down skills seems to be weak, may be they should be buffed / improved but considering how their active states can be, it might not be necessary

@Crystal Paladin.3871 said:The downed skills are spread out across professions... Ranger downed skills dmg is less just 66dmg but other professions have much dmg... Pet won't benefit if rangers are downed the lick wounds on skill 3 is moderate... Even when you use it, u'll get cleaved or stomped easily... Pet heals 15% of health per second... That means, it takes 6 seconds at least if no one interrupts the process and no Condi stacks on the pet/ranger... If an enemy shows up, ranger has to do 66dmg by throwing dirt...

Rev can apply torment and slow on enemy and shadowstep them 600 yds away... It deals 700dmg while moving and inflicted with slow 1sec on every hit, it takes forever to reach them for cleave

Elementalist apply 5immobility and vapor form 3secs and go to a Faraway place or where their allies are .. and their damage is also decent when downed and 10bleed stacks

Mesmer can inflict much damage with rogue and escape with downed clones, he can down you with his downed state

Necro downed state is synergistic and improves with traits too and high dmg aoe with fear and dmg multipliers on feared opponents... He can down you with life leech

Thief can stealth and teleport and apply a lot of Condi on you which are traited

Warrior... Vengeance if noone comes to the rescue and burst you to death and traited, increases chance of rally upon defeating enemy... Imagine downed fight between two players... Warriors suddenly gets up and bursts the other to death

Ranger gets advantage only when enemy is also downed... Else, lick wounds is just another excuse...

After all this, I'd say ranger downed state skills are moderate but not godlike...

Thief , engineer down skills seems to be weak, may be they should be buffed / improved but considering how their active states can be, it might not be necessary

Of course the ranger main defends the indefensible and compares it to the weakest downstates in the game (ele, engi).

NONE of these downed states pose a serious threat of auto-revival after a hard fight. None of them can revive you underwater with 3 people cleaving you. It's a long time coming, but ranger downstate needs nerfs.

@snowflake.9037 said:

@Crystal Paladin.3871 said:The downed skills are spread out across professions... Ranger downed skills dmg is less just 66dmg but other professions have much dmg... Pet won't benefit if rangers are downed the lick wounds on skill 3 is moderate... Even when you use it, u'll get cleaved or stomped easily... Pet heals 15% of health per second... That means, it takes 6 seconds at least if no one interrupts the process and no Condi stacks on the pet/ranger... If an enemy shows up, ranger has to do 66dmg by throwing dirt...

Of course the ranger main defends the indefensible and compares it to the weakest downstates in the game (ele, engi).

NONE of these downed states pose a serious threat of auto-revival after a hard fight. None of them can revive you underwater with 3 people cleaving you. It's a long time coming, but ranger downstate needs nerfs.

If you're seriously losing to the downed state, maybe the fight wasn't in your favor all along. It's not hard to keep in mind that little thing about all rangers and not fight them when you're at 10% health.And discussing underwater in sPvP?

@Airdive.2613 said:

If you're seriously losing to the downed state, maybe the fight wasn't in your favor all along. It's not hard to keep in mind that little thing about all rangers and not fight them when you're at 10% health.And discussing underwater in sPvP?

I play Ranger a ton and can openly admit that downstate 3 for it is busted, especially if traited with Beastly Warden & Ancient Seeds (Druid). It should absolutely stop if the pet gets CC'd. 15% rez per second is extremely fast. Yes, the pet can be killed, but the pet also auto-rezzes when you use the skill, so killing it before the skill is available is not a viable strategy.The downstate skill that needs the most love is Rev 3. Absolute hot garbage.As powerful as Necro AA is, I can accept that it is powerful because it is a Necromancer after all and it also has the most ridiculously telegraphed downstate 2. Buuut, I do think the channel duration for the AA needs to be greatly shortened. A squishy class like a thief that may rely on stealth is punished very greatly (and potentially fatally) because the channel lasts for 6.25 seconds.

@"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:I play Ranger a ton and can openly admit that downstate 3 for it is busted, especially if traited with Beastly Warden & Ancient Seeds (Druid). It should absolutely stop if the pet gets CC'd. 15% rez per second is extremely fast. Yes, the pet can be killed, but the pet also auto-rezzes when you use the skill, so killing it before the skill is available is not a viable strategy.

Well, yeah, 15% per second does sound like a lot. Wouldn't it be the easiest solution to simply lower this number while retaining the mechanic, then?

@Balsa.3951 said:INB4 just stomp and get gud also with powercreep downstate dies in 2 sec

OK after this is said Downstates are unbalanced there is NO reason that some downstates are stronger than other. Downstate should only provide a CC and a selfrezz a last chance to avoid a stomp or a death.

Warriors, Ranger, Mesmer, Necromancer

vs useless downstates Guardian, Thief, Engi, Ele. Rev, the under powered downstates are fine no need to buff them

I agree with the fact that downstates should get a balance upgrade, but I disagree with your list of usefull and uselessness.Guard, Ele and maybe Thief downstate skills aren't useless. Guard has good selfres and knockback, Ele can use portals and thief can actually port him on the node or higher ground + invis.

The generall problem is the dmg and the selfres abilities. And in Combination with the downstate (healthpool + skills) you have to balance the revive skills ! If you higher the lifepool in downstate then Blood-Necro and Firebrand with signet become even more powerful (revive in % and more time to cast/recast signet).Actually there is almost no way to simply stomp players in the current meta (too much boon corrupt, cc and dmg). You can cleave the player that rezzes faster, than he's able to rezz (except blood necro, FB, Warrior) and you also kill downstate players faster than stomping them.

remove all downstate skills

B) One solution would be to higher the lifepool and to remove all downstate skills of all classes. So there is simply a useless bag lieing on the ground.Furthermore you isolate players that get revived out of downstate for a few seconds (e.g. 3 to 5 seconds) = They cant be killed again and they neither can press any skills nor attack other players. This leads to less snowball effects and frustration, when you cant stop enemies from rezzing. B)

@Airdive.2613 said:

Allow me to remind you that rangers have their pet mauling you and ccing you as you try to revive them as well.

And yes, ranger is a bad matchup to some classes, so downing them takes effort, but unless you have some cooldowns and at least 5k HP left to spare, you'll probably have to retreat / LoS until it's safe to stomp, and you better do it quick or they'll be up in a few more seconds.

@Airdive.2613 said:But classes are balanced with downed state in mind. There are numerous skills and traits that affect reviving, finishing and the downed state itself. Your entire premise is false.

This is true. When you are on a particular class, a certain other class may have an annoying downstate to deal with, but when you are on a different class, that downstate isn't a problem, whereas a different class will provide you annoyance with a different downstate. It's just rock/paper/scissors like everything else in the meta.

And this talk about Ranger downstate is highly embellished. A Necro vs. Ranger downstate as example, the Necro always wins and that's just with his downstate damage. If you guys are seriously complaining about not being able to cleave through a Ranger downstate res in this DPS meta, you're running the wrong builds.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

are

This is true. When you are on a particular class, a certain other class may have an annoying downstate to deal with, but when you are on a different class, that downstate isn't a problem, whereas a different class will provide you annoyance with a different downstate. It's just rock/paper/scissors like everything else in the meta.

And this talk about Ranger downstate is highly embellished. A Necro vs. Ranger downstate as example, the Necro always wins and that's just with his downstate damage. If you guys are seriously complaining about not being able to cleave through a Ranger downstate res in this DPS meta, you're running the wrong builds.

let me guess u are ranger main, can we stop now defending our classes and actual try to improve the game

@Balsa.3951 said:

are

let me guess u are ranger main, can we stop now defending our classes and actual try to improve the game

Or you can pop any stability and finish the ranger safely whereas it won't help you deal with mesmers, thieves and elementalists. Back to square one?

I'll admit, it is pretty frustrating when you down your enemy first and then they get lucky and down you and win because their downed skills are way stronger. You just have to keep that in mind when you down someone, though. If you're an ele, avoid going down at all costs because everything else will beat you in a downed state fight.

@Airdive.2613 said:

are

Or you can pop any stability and finish the ranger safely whereas it won't help you deal with mesmers, thieves and elementalists. Back to square one?

what makes u think stability is not working on mesmer downstate in a PVP scenario?

if u think Ranger downstate is the same strong as mesmer and thief how about we meet duel that for 100 Gold {Downstate only} u come with thief or mesmer we get downed next to each other same time.

how about that for back to square one?

@Airdive.2613 said:

are

Then he'll post a similar thread in mesmer forums asking mesmer shouldn't be allowed to create clones or phantasmal when downed...And necro shouldn't place aoe or leach life

Archived