fix mmr

lethotix.2973

the mmr is indeed broken. i stopped playing ABOUT A YEAR AGO BECAUSE OF THE SAME ISSUE. i was playing ranked today, mid tier pvp. im not telling you exact rank because it is irrelevant since i have reached legendary every season but only with a hurclean effort and carrying the hell out of teams on some accounts but not being able to get past ruby on other accounts because of how bad the people are.so im 2v1ing far point from the start in one game. im constantly winning against them. i look up...we are losing mid and home...so i adjust my strategy and try to help the team fights...wherever im not at...we are losing those points. im communticating with my team and coaching on proper rotations and such but it doesn't help. ive played 8 games tonight with similar results. this is proof of mmr failure. i am tons better than my team and the opposing team but i am stuck at my current placement because of pure idiocy. i know i can reach legendary, I HAVE DONE SO ON MULTIPLE ACCOUNTS. but the mmr is drastically holding me back. i will get there eventually but these 200-500 gAMES ARE NOT MAKING ME WANT TO COME BACK IN THE SLIGHTEST.

@lethotix.2973 said:(...) i stopped playing ABOUT A YEAR AGO BECAUSE OF THE SAME ISSUE (...) i have reached legendary every season (...) but not being able to get past ruby on other accounts (...) i am tons better than my team and the opposing team but i am stuck at my current placement because of pure idiocy. (...)

Were you legendary in season1 to 5?

Quoted the rest just for you to reread your... very likeable way of thinking (or style of writing).

@"lethotix.2973"

Two things that are true in conquest:

• Regardless of your amazing performance on the one node that you are at, a match cannot be won by holding one node.
  • If your team is losing every team fight where you are not at, in some ridiculously lopsided match, to have the best chance of winning you must first help them win those team fights as a priority before doing any side nodding or decapping. If you do not, it will be entirely impossible to ever achieve a 2 node hold for a win. This is so true in ridiculously lopsided matches that it makes a strong side node performance completely negligent if his other team mates are unable to seal the deal on a 2nd node cap.

Ultimately when it comes to lopsided matches, your team needs to be winning team fights. It doesn't matter what build you're on, you need to be helping them win team fights and create snowball or you're not going to win the match. This is especially true if you are the higher MMR player on your team. The higher MMR player needs to allocate his weight wisely against the opponents. If the higher MMR player is off holding far node against two easy kills who are repeatedly pushing him, that means that the opponents higher MMR player is off crushing his team on the other two nodes. If you truly are the higher MMR player on your team, you need to identify the higher MMR opponent and weight yourself against him so you can defend team fights instead of letting him crush them.

The video bellow is the exact same type of match that your OP post refers to. In the video I review my performance and ask myself "what could have been done better to carry this match?" During this self review, I was able to acknowledge many things that could have been done better. Even after 6 years of play, it never hurts to review yourself. I suggest trying it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDb1qjQ7oko

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:@"lethotix.2973"

• Regardless of your amazing performance on the one node that you are at, a match cannot be won by holding one node.
  • If your team is losing every team fight where you are not at, in some ridiculously lopsided match, to have the best chance of winning you must first help them win those team fights as a priority before doing any side nodding or decapping. If you do not, it will be entirely impossible to ever achieve a 2 node hold for a win. This is so true in ridiculously lopsided matches that it makes a strong side node performance completely negligent if his other team mates are unable to seal the deal on a 2nd node cap.

Ultimately when it comes to lopsided matches, your team needs to be winning team fights. It doesn't matter what build you're on, you need to be helping them win team fights and create snowball or you're not going to win the match. This is especially true if you are the higher MMR player on your team. The higher MMR player needs to allocate his weight wisely against the opponents. If the higher MMR player is off holding far node against two easy kills who are repeatedly pushing him, that means that the opponents higher MMR player is off crushing his team on the other two nodes. If you truly are the higher MMR player on your team, you need to identify the higher MMR opponent and weight yourself against him so you can defend team fights instead of letting him crush them.

The video bellow is the exact same type of match that your OP post refers to. In the video I review my performance and ask myself "what could have been done better to carry this match?" During this self review, I was able to acknowledge many things that could have been done better. Even after 6 years of play, it never hurts to review yourself. I suggest trying it out.

It really depends on what bracket you at. I've just become gold, and I can tell, below that climbing mmr by holding a single pnt is completely possible. They get super mad when they dont manage to kill you, so they bring 1, 2, 3,..., as many as they need to kill. And your team is outnumbering the rest of the team in other pts. But I do agree, it's better to rotate mid and disrupt their fights, and get back to the far node.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:@"lethotix.2973"

Obviously you didn't read that I adjusted my strategy and started team fighting. Some teams are just uncarryable. You saying I basically need to carry harder is proof of the flaws. The point is, I shouldn't HAVE to carry if the mmr is working right.

@lethotix.2973 said:

Obviously you didn't read that I adjusted my strategy and started team fighting. Some teams are just uncarryable. You saying I basically need to carry harder is proof of the flaws. The point is, I shouldn't HAVE to carry if the mmr is working right.

If this video is an example of carrying.......i'm not sure what to say.....besides....not even close...

Couldn't even 1v1 on the side node....went to hold home on what looks like maybe a marauder soulbeast? Sat there and fought the guy while he actually full capped the point and your team ACTUALLY WON the mid fight while you were doing this and were probably wondering what was going on home... Never actually killed anyone or the mid fight, ran around the map not actually doing anything mildly productive, if anything I would say the team was carrying you from this video....

While you have a decent point about rotating to the team fight and if you are a better mmr player to allocate your skills accordingly...sometimes your mmr is more about the decisions you make yourself in the game....

@MasterD.4790 said:

If this video is an example of carrying.......i'm not sure what to say.....besides....not even close...

Couldn't even 1v1 on the side node....went to hold home on what looks like maybe a marauder soulbeast? Sat there and fought the guy while he actually full capped the point and your team ACTUALLY WON the mid fight while you were doing this and were probably wondering what was going on home... Never actually killed anyone or the mid fight, ran around the map not actually doing anything mildly productive, if anything I would say the team was carrying you from this video....

While you have a decent point about rotating to the team fight and if you are a better mmr player to allocate your skills accordingly...sometimes your mmr is more about the decisions you make yourself in the game....

This video is not mine. I was quoting Trevor. He was the one that posted said video.

@lethotix.2973 said:

This video is not mine. I was quoting Trevor. He was the one that posted said video.

Gotcha, either way point is, it sucks, but if people want to move up in ranking, they're going to have to carry. You are 1 person on a random 5 man team playing a fairly difficult to understand and learn conquest system without a support system for people to readily be able to play and understand roles within it. Which means there is going to WIDELY varying skill levels all over the place....some people who are good duelers but terrible at rotations, some people who are great at rotations but suck mechanically and whole host of people lost some where in the middle...which means games are going to be random as hell and the only consistent factor you can rely on is yourself......which means carry like hell or suffer in indefinite MMR hell.....

All MMR's, past & present relies on the amount of players participation. Unfortunately, same as WvW, population playing the game mode is the main issue. It's low!Solution?Forget population or trying to get more players to play.Forget MMR as is or was. & replace by something more simple.Focus on a complete build overhaul just for pvp. Build diversity Balance, & ect...Focus on new game modes that's not conquest or necessarily competitive as it is more just for fun. (Sometimes it's more fun just to kill in a cool environment for the hek of it then just trying to win)

There is no solution for the mmr. So kill it. Put somthing simple & let the players build the rest on it's own.after a while they will come...

@MasterD.4790 said:

Gotcha, either way point is, it sucks, but if people want to move up in ranking, they're going to have to carry. You are 1 person on a random 5 man team playing a fairly difficult to understand and learn conquest system without a support system for people to readily be able to play and understand roles within it. Which means there is going to WIDELY varying skill levels all over the place....some people who are good duelers but terrible at rotations, some people who are great at rotations but suck mechanically and whole host of people lost some where in the middle...which means games are going to be random as hell and the only consistent factor you can rely on is yourself......which means carry like hell or suffer in indefinite MMR hell.....

Read what's in the thread and the title of the video bud. The video is literally called "When you think you're carrying but you're not carrying." The video is not a demonstration of carrying. It is a demonstration of when you think you're carrying but you're not carrying.

Calm down and read before you post.

@lethotix.2973 said:

All I'm saying is that there are always ways to improve. You know it's true, no need to argue about it.

Archived