Gem Store alert feature?

Let's say there's something that there's something that used to be on the Gemstore that could potentially be re-introduced at a later date. would it be possible for players to be able to see things that were offered on the Gem store [Not necessarily the price] previously [even if not available to buy at this time] and select an option to alert them via email or ingame mail if and when those things are made available for sale again?

In a sense Anet already does this somewhat when you see promotions posted on the gemstore, but I've had a few instances [and I'm assuming I'm not the only one with the problem] where I don't check what's on sale top to bottom every time i login. Though usually it's only the new stuff that gets highlighted/promoted on the front-page of the gemstore.

Note I'm in no way suggesting Anet automatically send you mail every single time the gem store updates [that would be horrible], only when something comes up for sale that you specifically have requested to be alerted to so you don't miss it.

1) gw2timer.com has some kind of gem store alert. Haven't used it, so not sure exactly what it does, but look into it.2) the stickied thread https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/458/news-gemstore-items-new-returned-sales#latest gets manually updated with new and returned items. I highly recommend bookmarking/tracking that thread!

Archived