Ability is full trained and ready to master

Hi, recently I started to play again to gw2 after a long time with a new account, I buyed 2 expansion and after reach lvl 20 with first character, i decided to use instant lvl 80 with aonther one, I choose a human guardin, I explore 2 areas and actually I have experience bar full and message that say "ability is full trained and ready to master", but i have 0 points, so what can i do?????

What Boysenberry said with 1 addition, to unlock core Tyria masteries you need to unlock either HoT or PoF mastery tracks. Either will do.

This requires finishing either the first HoT or PoF campaign mission (select-able from the hero panel story mode). After that it comes down to getting mastery points and gathering experience in the 3 areas respectively (core, HoT and PoF).

@"TheCubooo.5827" said:I start hot campaign, unlock hot mastery track but tyria is still locked :\ idk

That should not be the case. Make sure the core Tyria masteries are actually locked (maybe relog and definitely get a core mastery point, there is 9 available for just channeling them https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/6pm6w8/all_9_central_tyria_mastery_insight_locations/).

Otherwise write to customer support. The core mastery track and expansion specific mastery track both unlock upon playing the first expansion mission (again, either will do) (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Central_Tyria_mastery_tracks).

You'll need mastery points to actually unlock the mastery lines once you've finished filling up the experience bar.

Red points are for core masteries, green points are for HoT masteries, and purple points are for PoF masteries. Look for the point icons on the achievements tab, they will mark different things you can do to earn them.

Start the personal story. You get core points from those missions and lots of xp as well.

Then you can find the few in map mastery points as you explore and do achievements that have mastery points associated with them for the rest.

Those are marked with the red mastery symbol next to it in the achievements portion of the Hero (H) panel.

@TheCubooo.5827 said:I start hot campaign, unlock hot mastery track but tyria is still locked :\ idk

@OP, I am not sure what you want to know exactly so I put a rough summary of it all.

There are 3 sorts of masteries: The red ones (in original Tyria), the green ones (in HoT), the purple ones (in PoF).

To do a mastery track you need to:1) Be in the correct areas: You earn XPs for red masteries in original Tyria areas only (ex: Plain of Ashford). You earn XPs for green masteries in HoT areas only. You earn XPs for purple masteries in PoF areas only.

2) Select the mastery track you want to have active, so that it is the one that fills in. For that purpose, open your hero box by clicking H. In the menu of icons left side, select the last one down. Open the category corresponding to areas you are in. Select one track. This will be your active one for the region you are in.

3) Once the track is filled in (bar is full with yellow), you then need the amount of mastery points indicated on right side of the bar (the little suns), to close that active track and unlock the next track. Earning those mastery points - red, green and purple - can be done by completing achievements (there are different types: In fractals, collections, ....) or by communing with certain locations (works like a hero point, but the symbol is different). For a list of all the possible ones you can check Wiki or Dulfy. You can also browse all your possible achievements in your hero box and check where the typical symbol is appearing.

Generally, I strongly recommend you to check our best friends to play GW2: Wiki and Dulfy. They provide all necessary information with support guides too for the mastery points (where and how to do them). We cannot put it all for you here, because it is too much. :)

Archived