My impressions so far.

Khyras.8021

Started playing GW2 gain few days ago mostly PvP was fun at first but now all get is getting matched with and stomped by premades, how is this still a thing you should not be allowed to go against pug with full premade group its just not fair not even close. Pugs have zero chance against premade and allowing it is just absurd. Why not have separate queues for permades and PUGs? Who in the right mind would not wait few more seconds or minutes to have a fair PvP match, please dont use that pathetic excuse that is just retarded, PvP in this game does not have population issues. I love PvP in this game but i will not put up with being farmed by premades i will just quit the game when i decide i had enought of that BS.

Best of luck to all.

Unranked, place where people learn, check builds, kitten around in general. Premades mostly get there to get quick dailies done or dunno farm trek? Hang on in there, get to lv 20 in pvp (dolyak) to be able to get into ranked games with new season.

But juts between me and you, I agree with your points, premade should be playing vs premade in any mod.

Unranked allows premades. Ranked does not. Ranked seadon just ended and will return within the next few weeks.Ranked only allows duo queue. Unranked has always been a practice/mess around queue option. Keep that in mind while you queue. When ranked season starts again, go queue up and you will never face a premade. You'll also make a lot more money than unranked. Ranked season pays pretty well.

@PakSau.3709 said:

@BeLZedaR.4790 said:Ranked in offseason allows premade. Needs to be fixed

Ranked and unranked queues go into the same queue during off season. They aren't separate, so nothing needs to be fixed.

They are still seperate queues. But with the same rules. Hence it makes no sense, and ranked should remain duoq for the same reasons it’s duoq while season is active.

@BeLZedaR.4790 said:

Ranked and unranked queues go into the same queue during off season. They aren't separate, so nothing needs to be fixed.

They are still seperate queues. But with the same rules. Hence it makes no sense, and ranked should remain duoq for the same reasons it’s duoq while season is active.

Can you confirm that? I've always been told that it doesn't matter which one you queue in the offseason, they will all match up together. I've heard this since season 5 when I joined. Granted, none of these people were Anet employees. Not calling you a liar, but I've never heard that before. If you are indeed right, then I agree. Should remain duo.

@BeLZedaR.4790 said:

They aren't, its one single pool in offseasons, regardless of button you pressed to Q.

@phs.6089 said:

They aren't, its one single pool in offseasons, regardless of button you pressed to Q.

Source?

@Ryan.9387 said:

@phs.6089 said:

Source?

I actually feel this is true. If only judged by the quality of matches I get off season vs regular season

@tinyreborn.1938 said:

@Khyras.8021 said:Pugs have zero chance against premade and allowing it is just absurdBut but but...Ben say two duoq have no advantage over full team of solo players!

DuoQ is hardly a premade.

Edit: Could they improve the system and match the amount of DuoQs on each team? Sure they can, but that will result in longer wait times and since we have the 5 min mark, rating pool thingy, it will only cause more grief for lower rated players being matched with top 100s.

Edit 2: Lately I've been thinking about the whole matchmaker from a different perspective. Everyone is complaining about the low PvP population, but if we're to rebuild that population, ANET needs to make it fair for the lower rated players, even if it's at the cost of some inconveniences for the top 100. The truth to the matter is, the top 100 players will always perform good regardless of setting and season, yea some might drop lower here and there depending on Meta, but a great player will always find a way. To me the declining PvP population is in large part, due to low rated players being continuously matched vs top 100 players sitting in long queues and get stomped over and over. Well if I was getting completely annihilated over the course of 3 games in a row because I was matched with players 3 divisions higher, I'd prolly quit PvP too.

Just some food for thought...

@Arlette.9684 said:

@Khyras.8021 said:Pugs have zero chance against premade and allowing it is just absurdBut but but...Ben say two duoq have no advantage over full team of solo players!

DuoQ is hardly a premade.

Edit: Could they improve the system and match the amount of DuoQs on each team? Sure they can, but that will result in longer wait times and since we have the 5 min mark, rating pool thingy, it will only cause more grief for lower rated players being matched with top 100s.Why not? You want to tell me two duoq dont have advantage over entire team of soloq players? Also 'full premade' or 3 or 4 doesnt mean they are tryharding in voice chat. While in ranked most likely they do

@Shadow Order.7258 said:

@Rizigmar.2681 said:I'd say get friends, this game isn't for solo loner players. If the matchmaker tosses soloers against full premades, they deserve to lose and get farmed against superior opponents. All is right in the world. :EleGiggle:

This attitude is what got rid of most solo que players leading to our pop problems.

Those people just didn't have what it takes (or friends for that matter) to get where they thought they belong and RQ. Match quality at the top divisions has skyrocketed since DuoQ reintroduction as said by our wonderful forum goers here. I see no issue.

@Rizigmar.2681 said:

@Rizigmar.2681 said:I'd say get friends, this game isn't for solo loner players. If the matchmaker tosses soloers against full premades, they deserve to lose and get farmed against superior opponents. All is right in the world. :EleGiggle:

This attitude is what got rid of most solo que players leading to our pop problems.

Those people just didn't have what it takes (or friends for that matter) to get where they thought they belong and RQ. Match quality at the top divisions has skyrocketed since DuoQ reintroduction as said by our wonderful forum goers here. I see no issue.

I completely agree with you. However I feel that ANET should introduce a cap on 5min rating deviation so it doesn't pool too low, and if such a cap already exists, it should be lowered further as it's clearly too big for the current PvP population.

Edit: Yes those higher up the ladder will sit in queue for longer, but it will offer some form of parity for lower rated players, thus enabling them to get better and eventually proudly sit in queue for 20 mins to get a chance to be in top 10.

@Rizigmar.2681 said:

Here let me teach you the evolution of pvp in all games mmorpg I've played including GW2.

PVP introduced. Solos and premades forced together.Solos leave because a pug should never be put into a premade game.Population is in shambles. Devs decide to remove premades as it caused the pug exodus. Premades cry "but me friends!" and "you know what MMO means???"Most former premade players get stomped when by themselves. Premades begin synch queing (not possible in all games).Devs remove synch queing. Premades quit because can't handle pick up games. (can't be carried by discord etc.)No more population.Devs add pve rewards. More players come back for rewards. Yay pugs

Now GW2 made the mistake that all make in the beginning by not separating pugs and premades. We'll forgive them for that. But they do something different. The reintroduce duos. Now all those pugs who started playing later are leaving. But hey you get "quality" matches. Good for you.

In all honesty they should make a solo que and a premade 2, 3, or 5 man que for ranked. Us pugs will be happy and you premades can sit in 20 minute queues waiting to play against other premades. The good premades that can handle group content will thrive and the majority who just wanted an edge over pugs can split.It'll be a win/win for quality matches for everyone. YAY!

Unfortunately they can't. Not enough players so we get dead pvp

Archived