Conditions in WvW

CrimeMaker.8612

All of WvW community hates how much damage conditions do. How much you can spam them in WvW and how much conditions you can stack on one player in WvW.

IT IS NOT BALANCED.

Arena net do us all WvW players a favor and revert how condition damage / spam / stacking works to pre-hot.

I used to play WvW more than 5 hours a day when condition damage wasn't so aids. It was fun.

Right now it's boring. Each and every fight/engagement i get into is boring in WvW because conditions. Everyone is WvW also in other game mode is tired condition damage and stacking.

Resistance and cleanses are just not enough against the way you can spam conditions AND IT LAGS THE SEVER SO BAD!

REVERT CONDITION DAMAGE / SPAM / STACKING TO PRE-HOT IN WVW PLEASE.

In my opinion you just take the attention away from one post which kind of makes more sense than yours, so in the end it might be: "Yeah, well they don't like conditions, we get it, whatever."

ETA: Because like I said: There's no reverting back to pre Hot condition because pre HoT there was nothing different than it is now - so this poll is aboutnothingrevert to nothing

This could've been a thing with some more effort (from you).

That meta is over cause now you have even more condi flying around and way more boonrips flying around, so your resistance will get removed and you die the next second. The issue is that when you get condi, you get like all of them. There is too much synergy of the kind like "if you apply condi A, also apply condi B, if you apply condi B, also apply condi C, if X happens apply condi B and D, and whatever you do chill the enemy", etc. Before POF it was getting kinda ballanced people figured the rev roations and such, but now with the boonrip the condi has run rampant like Iv never seen before.

@Svarty.8019 said:What's the difference between a burst of power damage and a burst of condition damage? Both make you die, but with conditions you sometimes have time to do something about it.

Toughness, protection, weakness, and flatout dps differential between condi and power in this new age. The age of the condi overlords. No thanks k bye, back to ESO I go. Till ANet balance condition damage to power damage and mechanics.

I'd also like to see trailblazer stat combo reworked. Because small scale unless you are playing certain classes. You will get rolled by trailblazer. Which is more brokenly overpowered since PoF released. Non thief power builds post PoF are either filled with condi cleansing and still getting over spammed with condi from one person. Or you are playing one of the few anti condi power classes in the game. Which is pretty much forcing you to either die, or play something you don't want to play.

@Svarty.8019 said:What's the difference between a burst of power damage and a burst of condition damage? Both make you die, but with conditions you sometimes have time to do something about it.

Power burst damage gets mitigated by things like protection/damage reduction buffs/weakness/toughness. To get that "high burst power dps" you have to play super glassy.

Condition burst gets mitigated by what??? Umm nothing? Oh yeah that 10% condi reduction from light aura which most classes can we access... cleanses? My cleanses go on CD faster than anything because the conditions in WvW are flying around like mosquitoes irl. Resistance you say? Spell breaker lul scourge lul what resistance?

There is a huge difference.

With condi, you only need condi damage, nothing else. Every other stat you can throw to make yourself more tanky and sustainy.With power, it will be weak unless you also carry a good crit chance and damage, which you need to put stats in, which in turn makes you much weaker when it comes to defense. Not only that, you also have toughness which decreases power damage taken, but does 0 to condi. As a result, ATM power builds do like 1/3 damage if having any sustain and 2/3 damage if no sustain while the condi does full while having full sustain. It is also much easier to apply, can kill people trough their inv skills cause it keep ticking even when they are resisting any incomming dmg, there are tons of reasons why its a problem. The real issue comes when there is so much condi you get killed in 1-2 ticks.

Last time we had this it was the epidemic era. That got nerfed + people learned how to run revs to provide resistance, but that has all been ripped now so condi is even strong, in a fact strongest Iv ever seen it.

People crying about infinite amount of condies in WvWbut they forget that they can easily have infinite amount of condy removal/convert Spam in WvW also....

its just people not building their guards and revs that way because MAH dmg they want everything else nerfed instead of countering it. even tough they have the tools againts all these condi spam... and its just as easy to use....

Well a start for me would be to reduce the effectiveness of chill. Outside of its strong slow ability (stronger than cripple which does nothing else) it also enjoys a massive increase in recharge times, including the skills we rely on to clear ourselves. Both scourge and reaper provide a lot of this, scourge ironically when removing resistance which after HOT was the big real counter to conditions and reapers by trying to achieve big bleed stacks (remember how bad dhuumfire pvp meta was?, when people where stacking fear for damage purposes in builds).

Archived