Unrewarding events in Thunderhead Peaks

Glider.5792

With this new patch, a new collection came for all the, in which you need to collect all 16 Dragonblood weapons. IMO this is great, new skins, tons of achievments etc. However grinding for Branded Masses made me realise.. the events in this map dont reward any at all!

There aren't many events in this map, i think i can even count all of them with my fingers but the thing which bothers me is... Why doesn't even the south and north meta event reward branded masses ? Ussualy the "big chests" gave at least 5 map specific currency. Here both give 0, but give one of those two Light of Deldrimor items instead, which later enables you access to one big chest, which does reward 5 branded masses.Seeing how unrewarding these events are, why would i want to do them ? Why would i want to attend any other event except the last boss of both metas. Only those 2 kind of give progress towards getting branded masses. Like, due to this i rather just do hearts/mine branded nodes instead, and leech final bosses (scumbag move) since thats the most effective way to actualy make progress.

IMO every event should reward 2-3 branded masses, while meta bosses should give 5 (like on other maps). This way more people would actualy have interest in doing events.If you belive that this would encourage even more leeching and "hit and run" tactics, don't forget that the participation wears off in like a minute or something, so you actualy cannot just run off to another event. If that isnt good enough, it can easily also be made that at the end of event a personal branded mass/chest spawns with which you can intereact for the next 30 seconds, afterwards it dissapears.

@Randulf.7614 said:I thought both metas spawned nodes near the chest though. Certainly the south spawns loads. I saw only one spawn at the north so perhaps the number is random.

I agree the number of events is too low

Nodes do spawn ye, but that is sort of RNG, alongside you can mine nodes anywhere on the map, at anytime you wish (which is a better option then).Heck, if you would want to just farm the nodes, best way would be to just mine all nodes in Deldrimor Ruins, swap to different map instance, mine, repeat (and at some point swap character).

@Randulf.7614 said:I thought both metas spawned nodes near the chest though. Certainly the south spawns loads. I saw only one spawn at the north so perhaps the number is random.

I agree the number of events is too low

The north spawns about 6 node in my experience, there is a (quite low, IMO) daily node limit so maybe you hit that after mining one node?

I've noticed the lack of Branded Masses from any events which seems off. Lets hope its a bug that'll be fixed soon.

At least the hearts are quick (especially the first one at the pact camp) so if you have alts you can spam them to buy some for karma.

Archived