Air to Zone Portal

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/thumb/7/72/2011_March_locked_portal.jpg/300px-2011_March_locked_portal.jpg

so, you guys know the above link (sorry havent figured this format out yet for pics for custom text) is a portal, something ya gotta walk into to get to the next map...well, with the recent Add on of Griffons and the not so old Gliding, what if we can make the borders of the map we are in a giant WALL of these portals...

imagine gliding on your griffon and you want to get to the next map without having to land then walk into that portal...just keep going till the edge of THAT map and you should load in, given the map, on the NEW map at the same height you were when you flew in, still gliding or flying!

you can continuously fly as long as you hit a port wall!

inb4 they release an instant waypoint unlock system for regions -_- god forbid they do.

Settle down. There's nothing elite about griffons. Anybody can get them. And he also suggested it for gliding... or is gliding elite now?

Personally, I kind of like this idea. Although I think to be fair you'd have to be within sight of the portal .. as if you had discovered it on foot. That would stop people just hitting the walls of a map anywhere without locating the portal first, and also it means you'd end up in the other map at an appropriate place, as you would if you'd taken the portal, rather than appearing outside the new map if the dimensions didn't align.

@Zoltar MacRoth.7146 said:Settle down. There's nothing elite about griffons. Anybody can get them. And he also suggested it for gliding... or is gliding elite now?

Personally, I kind of like this idea. Although I think to be fair you'd have to be within sight of the portal .. as if you had discovered it on foot. That would stop people just hitting the walls of a map anywhere without locating the portal first, and also it means you'd end up in the other map at an appropriate place, as you would if you'd taken the portal, rather than appearing outside the new map if the dimensions didn't align.

exactly, so if in the air, same height would be considered, gliding as well not just griffons.

@Rikkagin.9472 said:

@"Lithril Ashwalker.6230" said:
inb4 they release an instant waypoint unlock system for regions -_- god forbid they do.

Hmmmmmm

Q_Q

Archived