New Race as an instant 80

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

See... I personally do think we need a new race, or even more than one new race but I agree with the idea of starting at level 80.

See my thinking is using a formula from a certain other RPG recently doing this, they could have you recruit new commanders from other races, via a Mastery Unlock system where by the end of it you unlock a new race, but the Mastery also requires you to go to X and Y to learn about Z.

E.g.

Unlocking the Tengu, you have to learn about their journey in Cantha and go to the Dominion of Winds to learn about their present situation, after aiding them, your told you will have a Tengu commander come to reinforce your forces in Cantha.

E.g.

In the deep abyssal sea we recruit the aid of the Largos via some kind of hunter/prooving where we encounter their races capital city (im personally a fan of the idea largos cities are mobile, like a giant submarine) and afterwards, again, we recruit a Largos Commander.

New races start at level 80, have a basic starting story introducing you to your races capital city and a basic jist of whats going on in it, before leading you onto the pact.

These areas serve as tutorial areas for those unfamiliar with the lore too.

Imho, this could be the way to add new races as a compramise, make them "Heroic Races" basically, you unlock via Mastery/Achievements.

As for things like, appearences, as a way for a-net to avoid having to exhaust effort on content, they could simply give racial specific outfits appearences, plus add one specific racial outfit you can buy for your race. Yes it may seem lazy but it is the healthiest and most effective compramise design wise that might be quicker and more effective to make.

Plus they could focus on giving these races more appearences over time the same way they did the vanillia 5 races via makeover kit adjustments over the months to come.

@"CaptainVanguard.4925" said:See... I personally do think we need a new race, or even more than one new race but I agree with the idea of starting at level 80.

See my thinking is using a formula from a certain other RPG recently doing this, they could have you recruit new commanders from other races, via a Mastery Unlock system where by the end of it you unlock a new race, but the Mastery also requires you to go to X and Y to learn about Z.

E.g.

Unlocking the Tengu, you have to learn about their journey in Cantha and go to the Dominion of Winds to learn about their present situation, after aiding them, your told you will have a Tengu commander come to reinforce your forces in Cantha.

E.g.

In the deep abyssal sea we recruit the aid of the Largos via some kind of hunter/prooving where we encounter their races capital city (im personally a fan of the idea largos cities are mobile, like a giant submarine) and afterwards, again, we recruit a Largos Commander.

New races start at level 80, have a basic starting story introducing you to your races capital city and a basic jist of whats going on in it, before leading you onto the pact.

These areas serve as tutorial areas for those unfamiliar with the lore too.

Imho, this could be the way to add new races as a compramise, make them "Heroic Races" basically, you unlock via Mastery/Achievements.

As for things like, appearences, as a way for a-net to avoid having to exhaust effort on content, they could simply give racial specific outfits appearences, plus add one specific racial outfit you can buy for your race. Yes it may seem lazy but it is the healthiest and most effective compramise design wise that might be quicker and more effective to make.

Plus they could focus on giving these races more appearences over time the same way they did the vanillia 5 races via makeover kit adjustments over the months to come.

want =/= need.

also this wouldn't solve the issue with voice actors and what's the point of removing leveling if your just gonna add a personal story anyway

Not a fan of an instant 80 as some people complete expansions in a day or two if they liturally have no life.I'd rather them be like lvl 50, and have 2 maps of their own, allowing for a small little personal story that only lasts about 3 full missions (every 10 levels with various instances) before they reach the 80 expansion.Lazy people or those who don't care for story can just use tomes to max them.

Archived