RIP Deadeye (stealth)

Urejt.5648

@TorQ.7041 said:

@Aihao.5824 said:completely unplayable, 1s stealth makes 0 chance to survive while focused

If I'm focused, I dodge (stealth) sideways -> Death's Retreat back. Epic juke move.You can also extend the stealth to 2s, remove a condition, and apply regen if you spec for SA.You can also convert the bonus Precision from Scope to Ferocity and get a buff that gives you 100% crit from stealth if you spec for CS.

me did the same (roll+dr) how u survive against hard pressure, when 2 guardians try to focus u? are u using d/p stealth to outplay ppl in stalthing and than finish with dj?

You survive by disengaging from an outnumber fights. Your ability to survive such a scenario is obviously lacking, so the best course of action is to not get in such situation or to escape such situation.

When I use dodge->DR, I immediately swap to S/D and control the fight that way. I don't know your capabilities to survive or to control a fight, so best use your own judgment on how much pressure you can endure. If you're dying in such pressure or in that kind of situation, it seems to me you are overestimating your own abilities.

You make it sound so easy on paper, dodge and skill 4 away then use s/d.

Except that while s/d u don’t have any of the traits a core thief has such as a passive, regen on evade, double steal etc etc. a d/p thief will just out stealth and kill you. Since it can now stay in stealth for longer it can backstab steal to finish u off n there no way for u to dodge something you can see that’s a 1 shot. U can’t run either since dash > you.

After burning 3x Dr, you also have no intitiative left to use anything on your sword. And 3x Dr won’t stop you from being chased down from other thieves or even rev, gadget holo.

Yes you still have burst dmg from rifle but with the new scrapper meta, all the reflects blocks and evades. If you burst hit nothing u get focused and have to run. You are basically a useless player. There is absolutely no point in play DE right now since the new meta will be scrapper and your rifle burst will do nothing.

Maybe that's the difference between Thiefs that uses DE. I personally don't use rifle other than as a utility stick. As I said;
"If you're dying in such pressure or in that kind of situation, it seems to me you are overestimating your own abilities."

EDIT: In addition, if you are being chased by more than one D/P Thief, it would not matter what your build is.

Then why even use deadeye. Just use core lol. What utility does rifle have thats so good?

Bow is surely far surperior.

Na I was referring to just with. If ur gonna switch to SD to fight and SD thief you are basically fighting handi capped. N like I said. If u unloaded ur burst and u try to disengage. Not only d u have less int. And cool downs you don't have the same traits other than the +10 % dmg

1200/1500 ranged damage, Strong boon access, higher burst damage, reveal-cleansing, no-cast-time stealth proc access/dodge++, high initiative recovery, a monster 2s knockdown...

If you think permastealth DE was the only reason to play DE you're very mistaken.

You are very mistaken by putting words in my mouth I didn't write. No where did I say permanent stealth was the reason to play DE.

Only players in silver where they haven't learnt the mechanics do permanent stealth builds. Just not enough dmg for it to be meaningful.

Two things that longer stealth uptime was needed was the ability to pick your fights, set up your shot and disengage.

You don't have strong boon access. You have it through the same means as a SD thief. Granted binding shadows is Abit op. A stun break can resolve that.

Non of these things a DE can d better than a ranger can do. You also only have 1500 range when you kneel. At a higher level no DE kneels. It's just not a good idea. So basically 1200 range.

You int recover is higher through mercy and m7? So what? You can take rfi and have int recover. Having more int isn't going to help you if a rev or thief is already on you. You will have to either get out of rifle to SD or do in which non of your traits align as well as what core and DD does with the weapon sets. Such as Regen, passive, int Regen on evade etc. Absolutely zero.

If you stay rifle you can press skill 4 to leave. Congratulations. You didn't kill anything and you can't stay any longer to do anything.

Dagger storm is far better than shadow meld. Since the low amount of stealth up time you will be revealed and be instantly ported on. There is no point having this de stealth removal. It's not significant enough to do anything.

There's nothing a DE can really do that's better than what a ranger can do. A ranger can have just as high dps. It has a longer cool down yes. But in exchange it has far better mobility, melee capability.

With no defense compensation for the stealth down time. A DE is just dead weight. I am sure there are DEs who can still make the work. But the reality is. It's far inferior than other builds.

That's why once you get to higher rankings. DEs are few and between. This whole season I only ever saw 1 and the sic em ranger on the other team destroyed him over and over. SD thief just contributes more and a ranger is far better at roaming than a DE can be.

A DE has numerous advantages over other builds which you gloss over and ignore. You suggest little boon access. DE provides more boon access then any other traitline. If you use your Malice build properly you can get the 5 boons of M7 to roll over wherein one iteration is not even expired before the next is applied. Iron sight is a straight 10 percent add to power along with 10 percent less damage taken. If PREMED taken you get another 5 percent damage add with relative ease. Mercy allows an instant steal reset along with yet more INI. Combine this with M7 and you have an added 14 INI available. You get access to added stealth not only via Smeld , but via the stealth at full malice when steal slot used.

In specific builds a DE steal can kill an enemy all on its own, from range. Mercy reset a condition build with improv traited against necro and necro dead just from steals.

I do not much like DE with an s/d build but find it preferable to Core or DD in an s/p build using rifle as backup. With S/P I like combining with daggerstorm in elite while traiting payback. If not in a straightup 1v1 where you fight small group against small group the sword steal reset out of Acro combined with Payback and steal reset on death of mark can see you get off 3 daggerstorms to a Cores 1.

DE exists outside rifle. Again I feel that the Silent scope trait needs a bit more in light of the stealth time loss. I also think a few other traits need slight tweaking upwards but there a lot of reasons to take the spec. The larger concern I have as far as stealth is concerned is that RELATIVE to other professions thief is losing stealth. Stealth uptime on mesmer and engineer should have taken as significant a hit. Sneak Gyro was a bad decision. Engineer has a wealth of tools for sustain from reflects to blocks to Invulns and more stealth was not required.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@babazhook.6805 said:

@Aihao.5824 said:completely unplayable, 1s stealth makes 0 chance to survive while focused

If I'm focused, I dodge (stealth) sideways -> Death's Retreat back. Epic juke move.You can also extend the stealth to 2s, remove a condition, and apply regen if you spec for SA.You can also convert the bonus Precision from Scope to Ferocity and get a buff that gives you 100% crit from stealth if you spec for CS.

me did the same (roll+dr) how u survive against hard pressure, when 2 guardians try to focus u? are u using d/p stealth to outplay ppl in stalthing and than finish with dj?

You survive by disengaging from an outnumber fights. Your ability to survive such a scenario is obviously lacking, so the best course of action is to not get in such situation or to escape such situation.

When I use dodge->DR, I immediately swap to S/D and control the fight that way. I don't know your capabilities to survive or to control a fight, so best use your own judgment on how much pressure you can endure. If you're dying in such pressure or in that kind of situation, it seems to me you are overestimating your own abilities.

Except that while s/d u don’t have any of the traits a core thief has such as a passive, regen on evade, double steal etc etc. a d/p thief will just out stealth and kill you. Since it can now stay in stealth for longer it can backstab steal to finish u off n there no way for u to dodge something you can see that’s a 1 shot. U can’t run either since dash > you.

After burning 3x Dr, you also have no intitiative left to use anything on your sword. And 3x Dr won’t stop you from being chased down from other thieves or even rev, gadget holo.

Yes you still have burst dmg from rifle but with the new scrapper meta, all the reflects blocks and evades. If you burst hit nothing u get focused and have to run. You are basically a useless player. There is absolutely no point in play DE right now since the new meta will be scrapper and your rifle burst will do nothing.

Maybe that's the difference between Thiefs that uses DE. I personally don't use rifle other than as a utility stick. As I said;
"If you're dying in such pressure or in that kind of situation, it seems to me you are overestimating your own abilities."

EDIT: In addition, if you are being chased by more than one D/P Thief, it would not matter what your build is.

Then why even use deadeye. Just use core lol. What utility does rifle have thats so good?

Na I was referring to just with. If ur gonna switch to SD to fight and SD thief you are basically fighting handi capped. N like I said. If u unloaded ur burst and u try to disengage. Not only d u have less int. And cool downs you don't have the same traits other than the +10 % dmg

1200/1500 ranged damage, Strong boon access, higher burst damage, reveal-cleansing, no-cast-time stealth proc access/dodge++, high initiative recovery, a monster 2s knockdown...

If you think permastealth DE was the only reason to play DE you're very mistaken.

You are very mistaken by putting words in my mouth I didn't write. No where did I say permanent stealth was the reason to play DE.

Only players in silver where they haven't learnt the mechanics do permanent stealth builds. Just not enough dmg for it to be meaningful.

Two things that longer stealth uptime was needed was the ability to pick your fights, set up your shot and disengage.

You don't have strong boon access. You have it through the same means as a SD thief. Granted binding shadows is Abit op. A stun break can resolve that.

Non of these things a DE can d better than a ranger can do. You also only have 1500 range when you kneel. At a higher level no DE kneels. It's just not a good idea. So basically 1200 range.

You int recover is higher through mercy and m7? So what? You can take rfi and have int recover. Having more int isn't going to help you if a rev or thief is already on you. You will have to either get out of rifle to SD or do in which non of your traits align as well as what core and DD does with the weapon sets. Such as Regen, passive, int Regen on evade etc. Absolutely zero.

If you stay rifle you can press skill 4 to leave. Congratulations. You didn't kill anything and you can't stay any longer to do anything.

Dagger storm is far better than shadow meld. Since the low amount of stealth up time you will be revealed and be instantly ported on. There is no point having this de stealth removal. It's not significant enough to do anything.

There's nothing a DE can really do that's better than what a ranger can do. A ranger can have just as high dps. It has a longer cool down yes. But in exchange it has far better mobility, melee capability.

With no defense compensation for the stealth down time. A DE is just dead weight. I am sure there are DEs who can still make the work. But the reality is. It's far inferior than other builds.

That's why once you get to higher rankings. DEs are few and between. This whole season I only ever saw 1 and the sic em ranger on the other team destroyed him over and over. SD thief just contributes more and a ranger is far better at roaming than a DE can be.

A DE has numerous advantages over other builds which you gloss over and ignore. You suggest little boon access. DE provides more boon access then any other traitline. If you use your Malice build properly you can get the 5 boons of M7 to roll over wherein one iteration is not even expired before the next is applied. Iron sight is a straight 10 percent add to power along with 10 percent less damage taken. If PREMED taken you get another 5 percent damage add with relative ease. Mercy allows an instant steal reset along with yet more INI. Combine this with M7 and you have an added 14 INI available. You get access to added stealth not only via Smeld , but via the stealth at full malice when steal slot used.

In specific builds a DE steal can kill an enemy all on its own, from range. Mercy reset a condition build with improv traited against necro and necro dead just from steals.

I do not much like DE with an s/d build but find it preferable to Core or DD in an s/p build using rifle as backup. With S/P I like combining with daggerstorm in elite while traiting payback. If not in a straightup 1v1 where you fight small group against small group the sword steal reset out of Acro combined with Payback and steal reset on death of mark can see you get off 3 daggerstorms to a Cores 1.

DE exists outside rifle. Again I feel that the Silent scope trait needs a bit more in light of the stealth time loss. I also think a few other traits need slight tweaking upwards but there a lot of reasons to take the spec. The larger concern I have as far as stealth is concerned is that RELATIVE to other professions thief is losing stealth. Stealth uptime on mesmer and engineer should have taken as significant a hit. Sneak Gyro was a bad decision. Engineer has a wealth of tools for sustain from reflects to blocks to Invulns and more stealth was not required.

It's not like I don't get that s/p and rifle has alot of power. I played it for an entire season. You can totally 1 shot most things that are not looking.

What I am saying is. It's that there's little to no sustain. And there are just other classes that does the same job better, move faster and are less easy to die.

They can get rid of slient scope for all I care. They just need something else to compensate. Like no cast time on skill 4 and make rifle 1500 range.

@TorQ.7041 said:

It's not like I don't get that s/p and rifle has alot of power. I played it for an entire season. You can totally 1 shot most things that are not looking.

What I am saying is. It's that there's little to no sustain. And there are just other classes that does the same job better, move faster and are less easy to die.

They can get rid of slient scope for all I care. They just need something else to compensate.
Like no cast time on skill 4
and make rifle 1500 range.

There really shouldn't be a cast time on either skill 4. In WvW you'll get blasted by any other ranged before Snipers Cover goes up and there and in spvp DR has no evade and you can get loaded up before liftoff and hit the ground in downed state. For how finicky everything thief is in general but especially with rifle I can't think of any good reason to have cast times for DE skills if we're edging away from stealth with how surgical and reliable other classes and builds can be.

@kash.9213 said:

They can get rid of slient scope for all I care. They just need something else to compensate.
Like no cast time on skill 4
and make rifle 1500 range.

There really shouldn't be a cast time on either skill 4. In WvW you'll get blasted by any other ranged before Snipers Cover goes up and there and in spvp DR has no evade and you can get loaded up before liftoff and hit the ground in downed state. For how finicky everything thief is in general but especially with rifle I can't think of any good reason to have cast times for DE skills if we're edging away from stealth with how surgical and reliable other classes and builds can be.

Yeah it's pretty unfair tbh. Considering sic em ranger does the same role. It has swiftness and 2 leaps it can use to get away.

Nearless to say I am just not gonna play deadeye unless there are changes. Been playing warrior and engi. Different role but has much better results in solo q.

Archived