Buff Dragon Hunter in SPVP PLZ

Balsa.3951

@Xaylin.1860 said:

@alain.1659 said:Yep but it should give a proper advantage and not tied to another skill being not on cd ( and that skill is a frequently used one for many reasons)
  • Warrior Spring is limited to melee weapons - so it's access is limited.
  • Natural Stride is a Master trait, good outside of fights or maybe disenganging but bad within fights - so it's usuability is limited.
  • Mecha-Legs is a Master trait.

If the down-time was the issue, it could be changed into something different. But I feel like people would hate...
  • 25% Movement-speed while whielding a ranged weapon
  • 25% Movement-speed while not affected by a debilitating condition
  • 11% Movement-speed per active Virtue (e.g. Revenant)

The trait is perfectly balanced. Yes, it could be buffed. But I don't see why. Also, I don't believe that Movement-Speed will save DH in PvP.

Warriors main weapons are all melee (and in the meta) also they can swap to melee easily if they play ranged.

Mecha legs is a master trait but it has other advantages that are useful. Also swiftness on kit swapping is another choice for engineer which works well with scrapper.Druids movement buff is above %25 and also has other benefits that are useful.Chronomancer has it for free.Herald is a swiftness monster

All I am saying is that movement speed trait should have other benefits. A good trait adjustment is already needed for DH.

@alain.1659 said:All I am saying is that movement speed trait should have other benefits. A good trait adjustment is already needed for DH.

The thing is, it does. It includes a quite powerful Immobilze and damage. Now, we could argue wether this fits the Virtue. However, the trait is still pretty good. I'd even argue that it's much better than Natural Stride. You will always find stuff on other Classes you might want on a different class. But it would be pretty boring if everything was the same.

I agree daze on traps again is needed. Slow is a joke.Remove the damage buff if a enemy is chained and switch it to a buff if an enemy is dazed. Keep the 6 second cool down and root for trueshot. Add knock back to skill three and replace the knock back trait with critical hits from trueshot have a chance to daze.

@Mysticjedi.6053 said:If not daze, what about confusion? It could mirror how the player base felt when traps were announced ?

Confusion does not deal much damage for power builds, which DH predominantly is. Cripple is ideal considering that traps are supposed to provide control. In addition, DH does more damage to targets with cripple.

@otto.5684 said:

@Mysticjedi.6053 said:If not daze, what about confusion? It could mirror how the player base felt when traps were announced ?

Confusion does not deal much damage for power builds, which DH predominantly is. Cripple is ideal considering that traps are supposed to provide control. In addition, DH does more damage to targets with cripple.

I think the condition should be trap specific... would be a great buff. For instance, the blade trap should root enemies caught in its activation...

@"mrauls.6519" said:

I think the condition should be trap specific... would be a great buff. For instance, the blade trap should root enemies caught in its activation...

I suggested in another thread to make ToF root instead of cripple the target (assuming cripple becomes the standard instead of slow). I would not put root on PB though. It is not a good design to make your highest damaging skill also your primary control skill.

Archived