Glyph of Bounty vs Glyph of the Unbound question

I have a question for a specific scenario. If I am farming Unbound Magic by gathering Fresh Winterberries at Bitterfrost Frontier and converting them to UM, is it better to use GoB or GotU?

If I understand how it works, then GoB seems to result in more UM. However, as I do not have a GoB, I don’t know exactly how it works nor can I test this.

There are a total of 21 nodes

Unbound gives you 3-5 UM per gather for an average of 4 x 21 UM = 84 UM

Bounty gives you 33% for an extra strike. 21 x 0.33 = 6.93 extra gathers.Each gather is 1.5 berries. Each berry is 22.5 UM. 6.93 x 1.5 x 22.5 gives results in 233.8875 UM.

Obviously fractional gathers is weird so let see what happens if we just truncate which would leave us with 6 x 1 x 22 and we are still at 132 UM which is 57% better.

Bounty is also much more broadly applicable since you can use that to gather more wood/ore/mussels/herbs/jungle plants/etc. That being said I am personally not a fan of Bounty because the extra strikes breaks the rhythm.

Thank you for the info, Khisanth. One thing, though. Unlike GoB which gives extra strike on only one of the two nodes in a set, GotU seems to give extra UM on both nodes in a set. So I think GotU would give 168 extra UM. Either way, GoB seems to be the better choice when berry farming. I can either keep the extra berries, or convert for more UM than GotU would give. :smile:

Archived