June 11-25 Event Question

Regarding the event portion of the new raid release, it gives the impression that you can start on something, and if you don't finish, you can still complete it in the raid.

I'd like to know ahead of time, what sort of realistic expectations someone who has no plans to raid would have of completing any of the skins available in the event within the 2 week window?

While I didn't have a problem with the Skyscale myself, I guess I'm thinking of it in terms of people who felt the communication as to all the requirements was readily available? I know one of the answers to all that was, "Well, you didn't lose anything, because when you get the things you don't have, you can just pick up where you left off". And, while that's true in that case, in a sense, it is more true that I just won't be raiding. I have great sympathy for people who were confronted with walls like that.

@"Randulf.7614" said:Isn’t the event open world?

It is, but it's two weeks long, and the this part at the end:

``The weapons will always be available through the Key of Ahdashim raid after the event has ended. Happy collecting!

It made me think they were saying, "don't worry if you don't get finished, you can always finish in the raid!" Which, will not be happening for me. But it then got me thinking, why make that statement if there wasn't a chance to finish everything you'd want to finish in the two weeks? Which then got me thinking, okay, so what 'are' the requirements to make shiny things in those two weeks, and are some of us just going to fall short, and only have the raid to finish?

If I knew what my chances are up front, I could make a more informed decision as to whether I'd even start, and head off disappointment at the pass. :3

@notebene.3190 said:

@Linken.6345 said:Also they said to do the raid to make shiny weapons even shinier

Ah, okay that makes more sense. So two weeks to get as many base skins as we can, and then the shinier version is in the raid. That works.

I think you will be able to get the base skins in raids aswell since they said you would still be able to get them there.Kinda hard to make em shinier if you dont have them to start with.