Odd question about banners

Guest [Deleted User]

So I've been attending a lot of world boss events the past couple of weeks for the shiny weapons collection, which I haven't done in a long time. And I slowly became aware of a little thing that's been bugging me, so I'm wondering if anyone has an explanation.

People often drop buff banners for the waiting zerg, which is of course nice of them. If they don't have a hero banner, they always drop the three double-buff banners (Gold & Magic Find, Karma & Experience, Gathering & Swiftness) plus a regular Gold Banner. Why do they drop the extra banner? The two banners are stated to not stack, so why would they need to drop it if Gold from Kills is already included on the Gold & Magic Find banner? I'm assuming there's some commonly understood reason, because I always see this happen, but I can't figure it out and no one's responded to me in map.

So, anyone know?

P.S.: Haven't seen it mentioned but the new visual effect for the Hero Banner looks nice, and is helpful for picking it out, so good job on that ANet

It's a new banner that was a special reward lately, so it may have a different item code that doesn't trigger the "already have" marker. As to why so many of them are getting dropped, people are probably trying to clear their inventory of the special rewards and do it in a place where they know a lot of people will be. That's my guess, anyway, I am not an aficionado of buff banners.

Fine, now I'm curious enough to wiki and it's bc they are dif buffs. But that only answers my question, not the OP's, which I think is probably best answered by Donari's explanation that ppl are dropping them rn bc they have them from the community rewards thing . . .

It wouldn't surprise me if some people haven't put as much thought into it as the OP and are just dropping one of each banner they have, assuming either they will all stack or that it gives people the choice of which buffs they want to pick up. Especially now when a lot of people have a lot of banners to use up.

Archived