Looking for a counter

Bigpapasmurf.5623

Heya warrior mains,

I came across a core warrior today in WvW (GS, x+shield iirc) and it took a couple of us to put it down. It appeared to have Bulls rush and the transform elite, maybe the stance that grants DPS immunity for x seconds). I believe was also running the passive stance for such. Hit hard. DPS Mirage and DPS Dragonhunter were the 2 that put it down. Had insane gap closures and was fairly mobile. Dunno if it was meta.

Aside from assumingly condis (I try not to play herpes builds) what else could counter it as Mirage's mobility wasn't mush to keep it at a distance for long.

TIA

CC. Interrupts. Condi vomit. GS + Sword with bulls charge is something you run when you don't want to die or are buying time for team mates to show up.

Teleport to him, daze immediately, then cc + DPS of any sort. Condi goes through Endure Pain, so you will need Condi to deal with most warriors in WvW unfortunately. That or save your burst for when EP ends.

@Hitman.5829 said:I could tell you all the secrets on how to beat a warrior, but that will only lead to abuse against warriors.HINT: Usually warriors only have once source of stability.

But they can have several stunbreaks. In this guys case he should have teleported to the warrior, dazed/stunned him, burst him until EP procced, allowed the condi from him and the DH to tick, have DH teleport to the warrior when they used a mobility skill to get away, CC and then burst again.

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 Carry Blink and Jaunt with you. I know Jaunt has confusion on it and you want to roll power, but the extra shadowstep will help.Illusionary Ambush and Mirage Advance are also good skills to take with you if you don't want to take Blink or Jaunt. Sword/Pistol + GS should be decent weapons to use.

Double Swoop Soulbeasts would be a similar problem, as would GS Dragon Hunters. You basically need two shadowsteps/teleports on your bar to counter their mobility. Once their invulnerable skills end their duration Illusionary Ambush + Shatter should end whoever it is.

@Edge.8724 said:Warrior have less sustain / stability than most people think most of the time.

As others have pointed out, conditions is the best way to deal with Warriors.

Also.... if you have high mobility and teleport, this each time confuses every Warrior.

Oh, ranged attacks is also super effective.

This. Warrior can mitigate a lot of direct damage for about 18s, but then he is a sitting duck unless he runes away. Condi goes through most of that. Most warriors do not take Defiant Stance in WvW, so really at the most you have 13s where they have either Endure Pain up, which condi goes through, or Shield Stance.

Warrior does have several stun breaks, and several sources of Stability, but they also have the fewest skills in the game. You should through a CC on them in the beginning of the fight to proc Last Stand, which is most likely their only source of Stability unless they run Rampage. Do a small burst to get the to 50% to proc Defy Pain, kite for 5s, CC +light DPS until the use Endure Pain, kite for 5s, CC + HEAVY DPS at that point.

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

@Hitman.5829 said:I could tell you all the secrets on how to beat a warrior, but that will only lead to abuse against warriors.HINT: Usually warriors only have once source of stability.

But they can have several stunbreaks. In this guys case he should have teleported to the warrior, dazed/stunned him, burst him until EP procced, allowed the condi from him and the DH to tick, have DH teleport to the warrior when they used a mobility skill to get away, CC and then burst again.

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 Carry Blink and Jaunt with you. I know Jaunt has confusion on it and you want to roll power, but the extra shadowstep will help.Illusionary Ambush and Mirage Advance are also good skills to take with you if you don't want to take Blink or Jaunt. Sword/Pistol + GS should be decent weapons to use.

Double Swoop Soulbeasts would be a similar problem, as would GS Dragon Hunters. You basically need two shadowsteps/teleports on your bar to counter their mobility. Once their invulnerable skills end their duration Illusionary Ambush + Shatter should end whoever it is.

I do run Blink and jaunt as well as illusionary ambushI run GS and Axe/Torch (Marauder/Valk stats). I try to stay as ranged as I can, however this person has so many ways of negating the damage while he closed any/all gaps

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

I do run Blink and jaunt as well as illusionary ambushI run GS and Axe/Torch (Marauder/Valk stats). I try to stay as ranged as I can, however this person has so many ways of negating the damage while he closed any/all gaps

GS + sword/shield most likely. Bulls Charge as you said. so Rush, Bulls Charge, Whirlwind Attack, Savage leap. WWA does not go that far, but Bulls and Rush if he about faced and untargeted would put him at 1200 away. Savage leap is 600. Granted Savage leap is a low CD, but you should have been able to follow the Bulls and Rush with Blink and Jaunt. Sounds like he used a movement skill to disengage after an Endure Pain wore off, came back in to deal damage while the next EP was up, disengaged, came back to dps, threw up Shield Stance, Disenage/heal etc. For any build like that you need to use CC and conditions like slow, cripple, chilled, torment, etc. Immobilize will not stick on this kind of warrior though due to Warrior's Sprint.

But then you had a DH with you, so they should have been able to help with the movement impairment. Thief, Mesmer, and warrior are three of the classes that can efficiently disengage if they need to, although a warrior needs both GS and Sword to really do it while thieves and mesmers get shadowsteps and teleports, which are generally better since the movement is quicker.