Now that LS5 is coming, can we have a "Travel Tome"/"Meta Book"?

@starhunter.6015 said:

@Tic Tac Toe.1482 said:Something that combines the season 3-5 books of portals (hopefully there's one for season 5), and all the other travel scrolls/doodads? Maybe a cool quest to go with it? Or even a gemstore QoL item?

I know it's been asked before, but with LS5 around the corner, it seems like a good time to bring it up...

At this point we don't know if the S5 maps will require a story instance to unlock. If for instance, the map is connected to an existing map and requires only to walk into it from another map, then I see no reason for this.But if I have to go through a story instance to unlock the map, and a portal scroll is needed for my alts then I can definitely see the QoL benefit of some kind Uber-tome.

Bitterfrost and Lake Doric could be walked into but still had to complete story stages to be allowed access to the maps. An each of those maps had a portal scroll available.

Yes, but Jahai you could walk in without doing the story

You still had to talk to NPC to start it and go through the portal to Jahai

Untrue.What a super strange thing for you to spread fake news about.

@mindcircus.1506 said:

@starhunter.6015 said:You still had to talk to NPC to start it and go through the portal to JahaiUntrue.What a super strange thing for you to spread fake news about.I played the Jahai episode for the first time on this account just this weekend, and happened to be in that spot for the mastery point about an hour before starting the episode. I can confirm that despite owning the episode, the portal to Jahai was
not
available before starting the episode and talking to Braham. In fact when Braham told me about the old Corsair route into Jahai there was a visible animation of part of the wall sliding open and revealing the portal (which again was blocked by the usual crossed circle, the only way for me to gain access was to start the first episode instance).

@mindcircus.1506 said:

@Tic Tac Toe.1482 said:Something that combines the season 3-5 books of portals (hopefully there's one for season 5), and all the other travel scrolls/doodads? Maybe a cool quest to go with it? Or even a gemstore QoL item?

I know it's been asked before, but with LS5 around the corner, it seems like a good time to bring it up...

At this point we don't know if the S5 maps will require a story instance to unlock. If for instance, the map is connected to an existing map and requires only to walk into it from another map, then I see no reason for this.But if I have to go through a story instance to unlock the map, and a portal scroll is needed for my alts then I can definitely see the QoL benefit of some kind Uber-tome.

Bitterfrost and Lake Doric could be walked into but still had to complete story stages to be allowed access to the maps. An each of those maps had a portal scroll available.

Yes, but Jahai you could walk in without doing the story

You still had to talk to NPC to start it and go through the portal to Jahai

Untrue.What a super strange thing for you to spread fake news about.

You may want to look up the meaning of Fake news.

@Rasimir.6239 said:

@"starhunter.6015" said:You still had to talk to NPC to start it and go through the portal to JahaiUntrue.What a super strange thing for you to spread fake news about.I played the Jahai episode for the first time on this account just this weekend, and happened to be in that spot for the mastery point about an hour before starting the episode. I can confirm that despite owning the episode, the portal to Jahai was
not
available before starting the episode and talking to Braham. In fact when Braham told me about the old Corsair route into Jahai there was a visible animation of part of the wall sliding open and revealing the portal (which again was blocked by the usual crossed circle, the only way for me to gain access was to start the first episode instance).

I get that it's an ask and people want the Uber tome. I just don't understand why people need to spread misinformation to support the ask.

@mindcircus.1506 said:

@"starhunter.6015" said:You still had to talk to NPC to start it and go through the portal to JahaiUntrue.What a super strange thing for you to spread fake news about.I played the Jahai episode for the first time on this account just this weekend, and happened to be in that spot for the mastery point about an hour before starting the episode. I can confirm that despite owning the episode, the portal to Jahai was
not

I get that it's an ask and people want the Uber tome. I just don't understand why people need to spread misinformation to support the ask.Maybe because it's not misinformation? If your "discovery" is that I should've run into the wall to find a hidden portal I didn't see, you could've just said so. Fact is, when I was there on the weekend there was no portal to be seen (and I certainly know where that portal is, as I've been through there on a variety of characters on my main account). When I talked to Braham after activating the episode, that piece of wall opened, but the portal had the crossed circle just like the one from DR to LD if you haven't done the story step on that character. That's not misinformation, that is simply experience.