Iceblood chapter 1 release date?

Tinker.6924

@Ulyssean.1709 said:

@Ulyssean.1709 said:It's been 4 months since Dragonfall was released.They said they can do a 2 month release scheduleBound By Blood has very little content.So hopefully it is done and will be releasing next week.

Festivals and holidays are very much part of the release schedule. You have to count Festival of the Four Winds as a release because ANet does. And there you have the 2-month schedule.I disagree with you content-wise, too. It felt like any other episode and I highly doubt they are finished with the next, let alone be release-ready for you next week.

Nah. It was specifically stated that Living Story episodes would be released with a two/three month cadence. Copy-pasted festivals don't seem like Living Story. They aren't listed under story journal and they don't really have anything to do with the story at all. Considering no expansion is being worked on the living story episodes should be coming out even faster, in all honesty.It felt like an empty zone to me and there was a bit of padding in the story too to try and eke it out. Feels a bit kitten and not up to Anet's usual standard. Hopefully I'm in the minority thinking that because I don't want to see gw2 lose more players.

Look back at past Living World releases. The episodic content has always been interrupted by festivals. This is to be expected now, as well. I am hoping for a mid-November release, but wouldn't be surprised if the next chapter only lands in January. They won't have story releases while a festival event is active and Halloween and then Wintersday is just around the corner. Like it or not - clearly not - "copy-pasted" festivals are indeed part of the release schedule.As for the content: to each their own. I like it.

@MikeG.6389 said:

@Ulyssean.1709 said:It's been 4 months since Dragonfall was released.They said they can do a 2 month release scheduleBound By Blood has very little content.So hopefully it is done and will be releasing next week.

Festivals and holidays are very much part of the release schedule. You have to count Festival of the Four Winds as a release because ANet does. And there you have the 2-month schedule.I disagree with you content-wise, too. It felt like any other episode and I highly doubt they are finished with the next, let alone be release-ready for you next week.

Nah. It was specifically stated that Living Story episodes would be released with a two/three month cadence. Copy-pasted festivals don't seem like Living Story. They aren't listed under story journal and they don't really have anything to do with the story at all. Considering no expansion is being worked on the living story episodes should be coming out even faster, in all honesty.It felt like an empty zone to me and there was a bit of padding in the story too to try and eke it out. Feels a bit kitten and not up to Anet's usual standard. Hopefully I'm in the minority thinking that because I don't want to see gw2 lose more players.

Look back at past Living World releases. The episodic content has always been interrupted by festivals. This is to be expected now, as well. I am hoping for a mid-November release, but wouldn't be surprised if the next chapter only lands in January. They won't have story releases while a festival event is active and Halloween and then Wintersday is just around the corner. Like it or not - clearly not - "copy-pasted" festivals are indeed part of the release schedule.As for the content: to each their own. I like it.

They did release HoT at the same time as Halloween. But I suspect I wasn't the only one to pre-order HoT then barely touch it until Halloween was over because I was prioritising the limited time content, and I suspect that hurt the release a bit (especially with the increase in difficulty from core maps and the reliance on having other players around even for open-world content).