Is profession reworks out of the question?

I am curious if a certain profession is being overall very problematic in terms of balance and the overall direction it is going is bad, would there be a possibility to rework the entire profession? because at the moment there is 1 profession that sticks out like a sore thumb... and in a bad way. unlike most other professions that are very flexible and find viability in a large range of roles and high end content. this one profession really only has 1 job and 1 job only and it is only useful in certain gamemodes. and this profession has been a problem for balance for overall MANY years because of some of the core mechanics of it. so I am wondering if it is possible for a full rework of a profession. I would even give up a content update for this rework if the manpower is needed to accomplish it. because right now and with the future balance changes it is receiving it is clear it is heading in a even darker direction than I thought possible for the class.

Absolutely not. Reworks are indeed a priority for ArenaNet and they've proven that over the past couple of months this year. So far, we had the berserker rework, thief's trap skills being replaced with preparation skills and chronomancer having its own shatter skills. Now I know not many people are happy with some of the reworks particularly with the daredevil rework that replaced steal with swipe and the new chronomancer shatters, but elite specializations are supposed to provide a different playstyle for a profession and not something that is objectively better than the core profession. It's fine if an elite specialization is weaker than the core profession because that will provide every player, whether they're premium or free to play builds that are widely accepted in most game modes.

@BadSanta.6527 said:

@Linken.6345 said:and this profession is witch one?Ranger -druidDruid yes, it is very limited in scope - but it is also one of the best especs around, as it adds options to core without being a flat out upgrade, and without crowding out core options. Ranger as a whole on the other hand is a very flexible class, useful for many roles across many types of content. It's just that many of those roles are covered by soulbeast currently.I don't see a problem with druid here.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@Linken.6345 said:and this profession is witch one?Ranger -druidDruid yes, it is very limited in scope - but it is also one of the best especs around, as it adds options to core without being a flat out upgrade, and without crowding out core options. Ranger as a whole on the other hand is a very flexible class, useful for many roles across many types of content. It's just that many of those roles are covered by soulbeast currently.I don't see a problem with druid here.

When I see your comment about the Druid I can guess you probably don’t play it , btw most of ranger main (pre hot) hate it

@BadSanta.6527 said:

When I see your comment about the Druid I can guess you probably don’t play it , btw most of ranger main (pre hot) hate itI play all of the classes (including druid), and Ranger happens to be my main (in fact, i even have 3 ranger characters - the most of all of the classes i play). And i main it since core launch, if you're wondering.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

When I see your comment about the Druid I can guess you probably don’t play it , btw most of ranger main (pre hot) hate itI play all of the classes (including druid), and Ranger happens to be my main (in fact, i even have 3 ranger characters - the most of all of the classes i play). And i main it since core launch, if you're wondering.

Yeah sure