which thief pvp

weaponwh.9810

@weaponwh.9810 said:just curious whats good build for pvp? I use the s/d condi buil on meta, but i'm not sure the routine/rotation of it. could someone explain or video?

I am not going to explain the rotation for S/D Condi (no time, not bias), but will answer question about Builds.Power S/D is very much relevant, viable and meta.Core D/P with Portal is also viable and I'd say not far from meta, but you will 100% need some source of Swiftness, maybe go Centaur runes.If you didn't want to do that then you can still use DrD D/P but lower dmg and lower Steal range make it somewhat more difficult and perhaps not even as useful.

playing pvp with thief makes me want to just delete the character. all I can do is run around cap decap... its not fun. and I have to do what +1 fights? what am I a ranger's pet? I was playing pvp a year ago with sometimes success with 1v1 with other classes with my staff pdps thief now if they sneeze at my location and I get downed. I love the class but even in pve people are frowning on me because other classes do everything we can do and they do it better. so if you want advice to which thief you should play at pvp? none of them. get a warrior or any other class really and save yourself the trouble. because even if you play good your team mates gonna flame you when game goes bad. thief is the scape goat of this game.

@MeToLee.7164 said:playing pvp with thief makes me want to just delete the character. all I can do is run around cap decap... its not fun. and I have to do what +1 fights? what am I a ranger's pet? I was playing pvp a year ago with sometimes success with 1v1 with other classes with my staff pdps thief now if they sneeze at my location and I get downed. I love the class but even in pve people are frowning on me because other classes do everything we can do and they do it better. so if you want advice to which thief you should play at pvp? none of them. get a warrior or any other class really and save yourself the trouble. because even if you play good your team mates gonna flame you when game goes bad. thief is the scape goat of this game.

This is all the gw2 community and the devs will allow thief to ever be so u may as well switch classes. The sec a build gets put in a place that challenges anyone's build in a 1v1 nerf post will start pouring into the forums.

Have fun trying out everything starting out for awhile and when you rank up enough to where you're funneled into decaping you can bail and play WvW or something. Thief combat, especially with Initiative along with animations and build crafting, is some of the most fun I've had in any game regardless of how neglected much of the game in general is. If you move on up and start feeling the pressure to build into that role, you might find some appreciation for mechanics of it and maybe find a good middle ground, or you'll catch on to something else that scratches the itch. The main builds thieves are playing in spvp look kind of fun technically but don't worry about winning so much as seeing what everything does for a bit.

I like this build with a sword and a pistol. This is not meta of course. And maybe it’s not quite optimal. With this build it is very difficult to kill any experienced thief. But with other professions there are good chances. Nobody expects you to jump and hit in the face. A lot of evasions. A lot of interruptions. A lot of condi cleanse. At the same time, it maintain mobility d/p daredevil. And yes, there is no stealth at all exept Black Powder and Cluster Bomb.Maybe someone on the forum will explain why this build is bad. But I really have fun playing with it. I don’t feel like a victim who constantly has to flee battles.And sorry for my english. It is not my native language. So I use Google translator.

en.gw2skills.net/editor/?PawAwqVlNw4YXsNGJmSXnNXA-z5gfKZKC6VI0tEogFgJGA

@MeToLee.7164 said:playing pvp with thief makes me want to just delete the character. all I can do is run around cap decap... its not fun. and I have to do what +1 fights? what am I a ranger's pet? I was playing pvp a year ago with sometimes success with 1v1 with other classes with my staff pdps thief now if they sneeze at my location and I get downed. I love the class but even in pve people are frowning on me because other classes do everything we can do and they do it better. so if you want advice to which thief you should play at pvp? none of them. get a warrior or any other class really and save yourself the trouble. because even if you play good your team mates gonna flame you when game goes bad. thief is the scape goat of this game.

I love that aspect of the thief. That is also why I have sticked with my thief since day one. There's a level of skill and awareness that goes into the roaming role that I don't find anywhere else. I would however enjoy us being good at 1v1 again. We were supposed to be good duelers, but somehow Anet forgot about that...

Thieves have to die when more than one player sneezes in their direction because the class is so mobile. You can not expect to have fight presence and unmatched disengage potential.

Until anet introduces an elite spec with a mobility tradeoff (if this is even possible as the mobility is tied to tons of options) the classes weakness remains its squishiness. You have to play the hit and run game because your whole utility is designed around that.

Besides that there are tons of cheesy 1v1 builds for the class. They are all not fun to play against and most are not even fun to play unless you are a person that doesn't have a sense for fairplay.

Just play PP+SB Daredevil and do the +1 burst and decap stuff while not a single opponent will have the chance to melee you for the whole match.