Is it just me or is the Mirage not "mirage-y" enough and too similar to core mesmer?

Sodeni.6041

@Harry Foud.1935 said:

@Sodeni.6041 said:I really want to have a dev statement ab out the mirage's state. I hope they don't believe everything is fine with this spec. I hope they listen to the community!

@Sodeni.6041 said:I hope the devs listen to our feedback! I just want them to give a response at least. There is so much feedback on this forum and it really hurts to not see a single dev commenting on it.My thoughts exactly it's just disheartening not to have a singe statement. To let us know that at least they are aware of the problems, of the bugs. That they are aware of what the community is saying. I dont know mate, a simple "we're looking into it" would be fine. They have time to look for a ranger's single pet (gazelle) but not for a whole spec. Maybe that's the reason, that the whole spec has so many problems that they don't know where to begin. sigh.....

One of the things that make a game company successful and well received is that they are communicative and talk to the community. However, Anet is not showing any insight in their point of view of the mirage which is really saddening.

Also I fear that Anet won't change the mirage. They prefer to put out new content rather than reviewing "old" one. They stated this multiple times as a general philosophy of theirs. That's why they don't bother changing, updating and fixing core tyria, dungeons and stuff like that.

I think this applies to elite specs as well. Best example is the reaper. This spec is supposed to be a power dps focused one but since its release Anet hasn't really reviewed and changed it. It's truly sad that even power scourge does more dps than power reaper.All Anet does is applying band aids to those specs like they recently did with reaper when they adjusted a minor to add +10% dmg against chilled foes. It seriously doesn't adress any of the reaper's problems and the spec is still weak. I think the same will happen to the mirage.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People say that there will most likely be a balance patch tomorrow after the pvp season ends.

I am really excited about the changes that will come but I'm also afraid as well... I try to keep my expectations low to not get disappointed.

I don't expect anything but some bug fixes and some minor number tweaks.

@Sodeni.6041 said:

@zealex.9410 said:Deceptive evasion and mirage cloak go a long way confusing ppl.

You mean in pvp? Well not really. Once the enemy has targeted you there is no confusion involved anymore, unless you use "breaking enemy target" skills.

I do, illusionary ambush. As for the target thingy that would fuck over the mirage regardless of how mirage-y it was. Unless you mirage cloak also broke targeting which ye could be silly.

@Harry Foud.1935 said:

@Sodeni.6041 said:I really want to have a dev statement ab out the mirage's state. I hope they don't believe everything is fine with this spec. I hope they listen to the community!

@Sodeni.6041 said:I hope the devs listen to our feedback! I just want them to give a response at least. There is so much feedback on this forum and it really hurts to not see a single dev commenting on it.My thoughts exactly it's just disheartening not to have a singe statement. To let us know that at least they are aware of the problems, of the bugs. That they are aware of what the community is saying. I dont know mate, a simple "we're looking into it" would be fine. They have time to look for a ranger's single pet (gazelle) but not for a whole spec. Maybe that's the reason, that the whole spec has so many problems that they don't know where to begin. sigh.....

What kind of statement do you exactly want to hear? That mirage is a mess? That its barely functioning? Because if so you couldnt be further from how things are.

@zealex.9410 said:

What kind of statement do you exactly want to hear? That mirage is a mess? That its barely functioning? Because if so you couldnt be further from how things are.

Yes! Even that! At least we'll know that they are aware. It's worse to think they don't care and even worser to think that they believe Mirage is fine.

@Harry Foud.1935 said:

@zealex.9410 said:

Yes! Even that! At least we'll know that they are aware. It's worse to think they don't care and even worser to think that they believe Mirage is fine.

@zealex.9410 said:

Aware of what? The only thing they should bother be aware with is that mirrors arent a whole lot worth going to. Other than that the spec is pretty damn good.

@zealex.9410 said:

@zealex.9410 said:

@zealex.9410 said:

Aware of what? The only thing they should bother be aware with is that mirrors arent a whole lot worth going to. Other than that the spec is pretty kitten good.

I agree that it is a good overall Packet. The Problem is that this is mostly due to base mesmer traits + only a little from mirage.Sword ambush and mirage cloak are the real carrys.

Besides of the axe bugs , the traits are underwhelming. Only f4 created mirrors stay 15 seconds. Riddle does not synergize with IH. Mirage mantle is underperforming. Probably 60% of the strange a mirage has comes from base mesmer. The Rest is sword ambush , ability to use Skills while dodging + jaunts/teleport.

Honestly, Mirage definitely feels different from core Mesmer to me. It's very zerky, very mobile, and the new dodge mechanic is quite enjoyable to mitigate damage and spawn clones without having to run back to the fight after dodging. I also love that it's a condi based melee range weapon and the sheer massive pressure I put onto multiple mobs in a hurry just makes me smile.

Previously, my mesmer experience was mostly ranged and trying to avoid getting hit. But Mirage has made my Mesmer experience so enjoyably reckless ...

@FaboBabo.3581 said:

@zealex.9410 said:

@zealex.9410 said:

@zealex.9410 said:

Aware of what? The only thing they should bother be aware with is that mirrors arent a whole lot worth going to. Other than that the spec is pretty kitten good.

I agree that it is a good overall Packet. The Problem is that this is mostly due to base mesmer traits + only a little from mirage.Sword ambush and mirage cloak are the real carrys.

Besides of the axe bugs , the traits are underwhelming. Only f4 created mirrors stay 15 seconds. Riddle does not synergize with IH. Mirage mantle is underperforming. Probably 60% of the strange a mirage has comes from base mesmer. The Rest is sword ambush , ability to use Skills while dodging + jaunts/teleport.

Mirage cloak is the spec mechanic so the fact that its good says alot. Surely theres quite a few bad trait but most trait have a use somewhere. I can see all 3 gm have play and 3 masters. Idk about adept traits i only played with deceptions spawn clones so idk.

Making the mirrors more reliable more often would go a long way to make the spec be overall stronger theres no major reworks that need to be done to multiple front with this spec.

Archived