Harrier Druid

savacli.8172

So, full Harrier would gives you the following stats:

• 1402 Healing Power (~1460 with squad buffs)
  • +95% boon duration
  • +68% outgoing healing (+10% sigil, +10% runes, +10% noms, +20% trait, +18% Enchancement/Wrench)

So with traited spirits and warhorn this let's you get full uptime on protection stone spirit), Fury, and Might (~9 stacks on average from Warhorn 5 and Frosty). Vigor uptime is not quite 100%, and 100% regen uptime would require a bit of Quickdraw.

Also, since you have perma-uptime on Fury that would let you take Iboga pet which looks to have crazy damage in parties because of how many conditions rack up on the boss. On top of that Iboga also has a pull on it for CC bars. Obviously nowhere near as good as Wyvern, but it's would be definitely nice to not have to swap out of a DPS pet for the extra CC.

Thoughts?

The Iboga sadly only benefits from one condi on the target, not an endless limit.

Also, are the boons generated from trained spirits considered OUR boons? Because I was under the impression they don't scale.

IF it works, I'm very interested in if it'd be worth doing, since it would gives us a wide array of boons we could provide as well as the healing, and doing more damage than a Magi build would.

That's weird. Iboga should be stacking its damage based on the tool tip. I'll check later when I get the chance.

If the condition/boon comes from the pet it uses the pet's stats. Otherwise, everything else uses the ranger's stats. So taking something like Tiger will still only give you about 12s of Fury (extra second-ish due to Nature Magic).

Thus traited spirits would be pulsing (rounding up since it's almost +100%):

• 6 seconds of Regen (Water)
  • 2 seconds of Vigor (Sun)
  • 6 seconds of Swiftness (Storm)
  • 6 seconds of Might x3 (Frost)
  • 2 seconds of Protection + an additional 6 seconds when the spirit buff procs every 10 seconds (Stone)
  • 2 seconds of Stab (Nature)

Triated Warhorn would give on an 24 second cooldown (again, rounding up here):

• 20 second of regen
  • 30 seconds of Swiftness
  • 30 seconds of Might x3
  • 30 seconds of Fury

Regen would be the only thing that you can't keep up with the cooldown alone so you would have to use Quickdraw with Warhorn 5 every now and then to maintain regen uptime. Which, with healing modifiers, came out to 512 health/second on allies or 305 health/second on the Druid.

Have you tested the numbers? Because last I checked the main reason Rangers and their subclasses never took any + boon duration was due to our main boon sources (spirits) being completely unaffected by it.

However, if this has changed, even if it's just the boons from the trait, than I'll be super excited to go with a boon spam Druid.

@savacli.8172 said:Can't tell when it changed, but that's why there were builds using Minstrel before the expansion. What you lost in Healing potential was made up by the fact that you have perma uptime on Regen, protection, and gave out vigor to avoid incoming damage to begin with.

Well this is very good news then, because I always thought our spirits ignoring our stats was stupid

@Durzlla.6295 said:Have you tested the numbers? Because last I checked the main reason Rangers and their subclasses never took any + boon duration was due to our main boon sources (spirits) being completely unaffected by it.

However, if this has changed, even if it's just the boons from the trait, than I'll be super excited to go with a boon spam Druid.

I like the theory crafting but no one plays spirits in wvw or spvp. It has nothing to do with boon duration or boon sources.

@EnderzShadow.2506 said:

@Durzlla.6295 said:Have you tested the numbers? Because last I checked the main reason Rangers and their subclasses never took any + boon duration was due to our main boon sources (spirits) being completely unaffected by it.

I like the theory crafting but no one plays spirits in wvw or spvp. It has nothing to do with boon duration or boon sources.

I know I've ran a spirit or two in PvP as a Druid, but that's because I tend to bring more support over self survivability on my Druid anyway.

@EnderzShadow.2506 said:

This is geared towards PvE. Healing and Concentration are excellent stats for dedicated healer, but it's been awkward to find a good stat block up until Harrier came out. I don't even know that Harrier Amulets are available in PvP. Even if they did, the stat values were be sizeable lower. WvW I imagine would take Mintrel over Harrier as Harrier would be too much of glass build with no toughness/vitality to add to sustain.

Nonetheless, I'm not even gonna pretend I have any expertise in PvP or WvW.

Archived