Ability to disable Auto-zoom for boss encounters?

Lyrim.2873

Can we please have the option to disable the auto-zoom that happens at the beginning and end of boss encounters? This not only happens at the beginning and end of combat though as it seems triggered by range, and if i'm on my Deadeye I get this zoom in and out constantly. I get motion sick when this type of thing is in a video game. The really odd thing is, I'm not prone to motion sickness, so I feel terrible for those that are prone to it easily. It could be something as simple as a check box in options or a slider for sensitivity if you want to give players more control over it. But for a simple fix, i'd be thrilled with just an on/off option.

I've been looking for an option like this for a long time.I don't like the camera automatically adjusting all the time like that for me.Tangled Depth is the biggest culprit when I get in any lanes and it zooms in and out so I have to keep readjusting every single time I go in a certain spot.Bosses do the same thing too and keep messing with my camera.

I'm so glad the whole "Give my mouse to a child that just ate a ton of sugar and 3 gallons of energy drinks" mouse shaking nonsense can be turned off, now I just need this one turned off and I'm good to go.

• 2 weeks later...

I sympathize OP. The environmental effects and camera movement in this game have just gotten overblown over time. In Vanilla GW2 the only thing that made me sick was falling snow and tight tunnels.

Even with the "no camera roll" checkbox "fix" the mounting and un-mounting camera bob/zoom gets me sick in exactly the same way.

YES PLEASE. +1I've made quite a few posts and even sent tickets about this too.I'm using action camera its even worse the camera zoom out soo high up when entering combat, its imposible to target my location and if i'm downed or type in chat, it zooms in so low to the ground level, not to mention after the fight it never goes back to the FOV I started at.Please let the players set a fixed FOV and respect it in boss encounters.

I also agree. The game shouldn't be resetting this. If it is going to change it for a cinematic, then it should at least change it back to the value it was before the cinematic. While a minor thing, I find it annoying to keep resetting the zoom level - some world boss encounters may end up resetting it 2-3 times.

Archived