Firebrand nerf suggestion

Frydraca.5409

Hi everyone! Firebrand is really strong now (there are other overpowered builds too mainly looking at core necro) and here is a suggestion to nerf the class in a way, which doesn't destroy it's basic playstyle and only nerfs Firebrand and not core guard.

Many says that Firebrand is a braindead, spammy class and there is some truth in it. When I first showed the Symbolbrand to a new player, I said that, if she is in trouble just press every utility hotkey and just vomit everything and she will be fine. The problem is mantras are instantly casted and can be spammed. I would not change the instant cast, this is a defining feature and one of the reason I love the spec (I highly value instant cast skills). So I would change the spam.

Currently each mantra has a 3/4 sec cooldown before it can be used again. If it would be increased to 3 (or maybe 4 if you want to be harsh) seconds then the mantra spam would lessen significantly. Maybe increase the ammo recharge time with one or two seconds too. I believe this would be a good first step in nerfing, and if after this the spec would be still overpowered then something else could be nerfed too.

Another slightly different idea is to increase inner cooldown to 5 or 6 seconds and the ammo recharge to around 18-20 seconds, but in this case I would slightly buff each mantra charge. For example the heal should have a bigger heal, Mantra of truth bigger damage, Mantra of Lore would give 2 or 3 regeneration stack instead of one, the elite mantra would give 2 sec stability instead of one. There is no exact idea, but the goal is to make each mantra charge more impactful, but you have to use them more carefully. 5-6 seconds inner cooldown would give the opponent time to punish the firebrand player.

Firebrand is insane right now compared to everything else, they didnt get the drawbacks of every other profession, and are having a field day without the nerfs everything else received this patch, they managed to avoid the HARD nerfs pretty much everyone else got (aside condi rev and core necro maybe). It's honestly disgusting and disappointing because aside from this, I would've been ecstatic about this patch.

@Svez Poizon XD.5268 said:Firebrand, do condis on CC so no matter of nerfing its power on CC when it applies 10 condis. Please fix that.

Then maybe remove bleeding from all axe skills. That and less frequent mantras could lessen the condi pressure. If it still not enough and Mantra of Truth is still too strong then remove one of its condi. Maybe the weakness or the cripple.

@drydude.3986 said:Firebrand is insane right now compared to everything else, they didnt get the drawbacks of every other profession, and are having a field day without the nerfs everything else received this patch, they managed to avoid the HARD nerfs pretty much everyone else got (aside condi rev and core necro maybe). It's honestly disgusting and disappointing because aside from this, I would've been ecstatic about this patch.

To be honest core guardian profession mechanics are lackluster, so it's not that easy to make a good drawback.

I honestly think Anet should take the approach that other pvp games have, like LoL have, take a look of what is overperforming and just ban it...how to nerf Firebrand? Lock FB trait line, there we go, done...no need to touch it and end up messing 5v5 Conquest balance, if its not fun to play, not fun to play against, its toxic and have no place in the game.

@Felipe.1807 said:I honestly think Anet should take the approach that other pvp games have, like LoL have, take a look of what is overperforming and just ban it...how to nerf Firebrand? Lock FB trait line, there we go, done...no need to touch it and end up messing 5v5 Conquest balance, if its not fun to play, not fun to play against, its toxic and have no place in the game.

Lol ban what? I remember having 120 wins and 8 loses on release shyvana, you think riot banned her? naaah.Its up to players to ban things, and since game is progressing there is more and more shit to ban.They just need to balance FB properly, its not hard, they just did not even attempt to do that, give them couple of patches and we will see if they give it a shot.If not there are other games and there is no reason to stress over things.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@"Felipe.1807" said:I honestly think Anet should take the approach that other pvp games have, like LoL have, take a look of what is overperforming and just ban it...how to nerf Firebrand? Lock FB trait line, there we go, done...no need to touch it and end up messing 5v5 Conquest balance, if its not fun to play, not fun to play against, its toxic and have no place in the game.

Lol ban what? I remember having 120 wins and 8 loses on release shyvana, you think riot banned her? naaah.Its up to players to ban things, and since game is progressing there is more and more kitten to ban.They just need to balance FB properly, its not hard, they just did not even attempt to do that, give them couple of patches and we will see if they give it a shot.If not there are other games and there is no reason to stress over things.

Come on lol I said LoL cause Riot let the players decide what to ban on their games...here we dont have the same number of options, but when things get like this, its time to take some action...take Necro for example, yesterday I played 8 games, and Necro had 100% presence on my games, not a single game without 1 or 2 necros."120 wins and 8 loses on release shyvana" I call bs lol, against bots? Riot dont need to ban champions, cause the players thenselfs can do it...

The last post I saw on this topic proposed the nerfs in such a way that it would decimate core guard, and go a long way toward ensuring dh is bottom tier. Since y'all are going to be throwing stuff out left and right, make sure your nerfs affect the actual problem and not everything else. Balance is not a vacuum.

@Felipe.1807 said:

@Felipe.1807 said:I honestly think Anet should take the approach that other pvp games have, like LoL have, take a look of what is overperforming and just ban it...how to nerf Firebrand? Lock FB trait line, there we go, done...no need to touch it and end up messing 5v5 Conquest balance, if its not fun to play, not fun to play against, its toxic and have no place in the game.

Lol ban what? I remember having 120 wins and 8 loses on release shyvana, you think riot banned her? naaah.Its up to players to ban things, and since game is progressing there is more and more kitten to ban.They just need to balance FB properly, its not hard, they just did not even attempt to do that, give them couple of patches and we will see if they give it a shot.If not there are other games and there is no reason to stress over things.

Come on lol I said LoL cause Riot let the players decide what to ban on their games...here we dont have the same number of options, but when things get like this, its time to take some action...take Necro for example, yesterday I played 8 games, and Necro had 100% presence on my games, not a single game without 1 or 2 necros."120 wins and 8 loses on release shyvana" I call bs lol, against bots? Riot dont need to ban champions, cause the players thenselfs can do it...

no, peeps dont ban whats OP.I remember there being a bug where karthus couldnt die. literally couldnt not die. and people didnt ban him.and shyv... it was really long time ago. very different game. There used to be jungle item that permastacked on him damage. shyv triple AOE proced it... with turbo clearspeed. Preety much as long as game doesnt end in 20-25min you can 1v3/1v4 becouse you 1shot while building full tank. Good old days ;pBut anyways. I have no clue how banning would work in MMO.What do you expect make FB unviable untill patched out? or necro?The CI treatment.

@Gwaihir.1745 said:The last post I saw on this topic proposed the nerfs in such a way that it would decimate core guard, and go a long way toward ensuring dh is bottom tier. Since y'all are going to be throwing stuff out left and right, make sure your nerfs affect the actual problem and not everything else. Balance is not a vacuum.

Yeah I don't want to nerf core guard, core is far from being op. This is why I suggest a nerf to mantras, I think the best firebrand builds use at least two of them (heal mantra and mantra of truth). I think the spammable nature of mantras are the problem mechanic.

Why not nerf the tomes, like, when FB exits or waste a Tome, the other tomes goes on a 5 or 10 sec cooldown or something, then they can rework that trait that gives extra pages to reduce this CD, to 5 seconds if it's 10 sec base, or 3 sec if it's 5 sec base, would make FB players think more before just spamming tomes, and players against FB have a window to punish the FB after he uses one, this could be the "Firebrand Mechanic Tradeoff", kinda like Holo when it overheats.I think currently when you open a tome the others goes on a short CD right? But i guess it's doesn't help much.

Just don't nerf it in PvE, Tomes saves lives in Fractals with terrible Instability combos hehehe.