Post your anets definition of fun!

The Ace.9105

@Zoltreez.6435 said:

@shippage.1983 said:

Warrior/Necro should be unviable

What a Nice Balancing idea... thank god your not part of the Balance team..........

Low risk should have low reward. Same with Guard, most of their viability comes from their passives. Passives are low risk and no skill. Why should a Scourge who simply pressed "F1" on their point 3 times be top tier and counter everything? That is the state of the current balance.

@The Ace.9105 said:The game has become so fun that i can't even play it anymore :)

So 2 weeks after this expansion, the care from the devs have never been this minimal. I'm pretty much chalking GW2 into the same category. As all the other games the Devs stop supporting. Adding cosmetics and level 80 boosters, to the gem store does not consist as supporting a game. It's milking the players, which I'm fine with up until the point. The players are just getting milked and forgotten.

I know right! I mean I actually back to Eve Online for my WvW experience. Which is by far, the best RvR experience in a modern MMO. Those guys are one of the last examples of a company caring and making a game it's legacy.

Far as my sPvP experience. I've pretty much move all my real efforts into Smite. I only currently PvP in GW2 for the PvE rewards like the rest.

Far as my PvE experience, other than looking at my good looking GW2 characters. I've pretty much re enabled my 6 month ESO Plus sub. And is in the process of moving my PvE energy back into that game.

Chances of me completely abandoning GW2 atm, and never looking back. Are the highest ever. I am somewhat sadden by that. But I get less sadden by that fact, each day that passes. I'll give myself 2 months tops, if current dev and publisher's support of this game continues as is. Then I'll be able to forget this game ever existed, just as ANet wants me to.

You what me to stay ANet. Then you are going to have to offer something more than the competitors at this point. This is not a demand from me. This is just simply just the way things are now. The quality of this whole game is very low atm.

You ANet, are pretty much completely outdone on all areas of your game. By other titles, except in the area of grinding. Basically the only thing that is holding your game together. Is the fact that players don't have to grind for their gear. And they can come back after 2 or 3 years and not be forced to a 3 to 4 month gear treadmill. Only to realize that they are heavily pushed, to buy the expansions to be able compete again. Other then that, you game currently fails at EVERYTHING else atm.

• Take some pride into the game that you've made. Because atm it feels like this game, has just been completely sold out. To someone else who don't care about anything other than just cashing out on the IP.
  • Put some work into balancing the classes. At least double then what you are now. Make meaningful balance patches.
  • Put some effort into the PvP match quality of the game. Because at the moment you are not putting any.
  • Put some effort into WvW. You are in control of this game. Yes WvW population balance and issues are in your hands not ours. Stop trying to use the player base, as a scapegoat for your incompetence. Learn from your mistakes and grow from them.

Honestly ANet GW2 still have has a shimmer of potential left in it. But as each day goes on. It seems you guys are just throwing it away, more and more. Guess soon at this rate. We'll all be able to chalk up GW2, as just another Cash Grab and Go type game.

TL/DR : At this point if ANet keep continuing to follow this path. GW2 will soon be remembered, as yet another failed money grab MMO. That the dev teams and the publisher just did not care about.

@Reaper Alim.4176 said:

@"The Ace.9105" said:The game has become so fun that i can't even play it anymore :)

So 2 weeks after this expansion, the care from the devs have never been this minimal. I'm pretty much chalking GW2 into the same category. As all the other games the Devs stop supporting. Adding cosmetics and level 80 boosters, to the gem store does not consist as supporting a game. It's milking the players, which I'm fine with up until the point. The players are just getting milked and forgotten.

I know right! I mean I actually back to Eve Online for my WvW experience. Which is by far, the best RvR experience in a modern MMO. Those guys are one of the last examples of a company caring and making a game it's legacy.

Far as my sPvP experience. I've pretty much move all my real efforts into Smite. I only currently PvP in GW2 for the PvE rewards like the rest.

Far as my PvE experience, other than looking at my good looking GW2 characters. I've pretty much re enabled my 6 month ESO Plus sub. And is in the process of moving my PvE energy back into that game.

Chances of me completely abandoning GW2 atm, and never looking back. Are the highest ever. I am somewhat sadden by that. But I get less sadden by that fact, each day that passes. I'll give myself 2 months tops, if current dev and publisher's support of this game continues as is. Then I'll be able to forget this game ever existed, just as ANet wants me to.

You what me to stay ANet. Then you are going to have to offer something more than the competitors at this point. This is not a demand from me. This is just simply just the way things are now. The quality of this whole game is very low atm.

You ANet, are pretty much completely outdone on all areas of your game. By other titles, except in the area of grinding. Basically the only thing that is holding your game together. Is the fact that players don't have to grind for their gear. And they can come back after 2 or 3 years and not be forced to a 3 to 4 month gear treadmill. Only to realize that they are heavily pushed, to buy the expansions to be able compete again. Other then that, you game currently
fails
at
EVERYTHING
else atm.
  • Take some pride into the game that you've made. Because atm it feels like this game, has just been completely sold out. To someone else who don't care about anything other than just cashing out on the IP.
  • Put some work into balancing the classes. At least double then what you are now. Make meaningful balance patches.
  • Put some effort into the PvP match quality of the game. Because at the moment you are not putting any.
  • Put some effort into WvW. You are in control of this game. Yes WvW population balance and issues are in your hands not ours. Stop trying to use the player base, as a scapegoat for your incompetence. Learn from your mistakes and grow from them.

Honestly ANet GW2 still have has a shimmer of potential left in it. But as each day goes on. It seems you guys are just throwing it away, more and more. Guess soon at this rate. We'll all be able to chalk up GW2, as just another Cash Grab and Go type game.

TL/DR : At this point if ANet keep continuing to follow this path. GW2 will soon be remembered, as yet another failed money grab MMO. That the dev teams and the publisher just did not care about.

I totally agree with you. I tried to post a post here in pvp section first in rage and when it got removed I deleted the curse words and made it friendlier and it still got removed. Maybe even this comment gets removed when I now again encourage anet to start respecting their own game and also saying that this state of the game isn't fine. The balance feedback has been there from the demo weekend.

Maybe that "you don't respect your own game" hits them hard idk. :p

@Reaper Alim.4176 said:

@The Ace.9105 said:TL/DR : At this point if ANet keep continuing to follow this path. GW2 will soon be remembered, as yet another failed money grab MMO. That the dev teams and the publisher just did not care about.

I keep iterating this, perhaps when ppl started listening:

do research on their parent company (NCSoft). all of their games are just money grabs that end up flushed like crap. GW2 is heading in the same direction for a long time now.

@Inoki.6048 said:

@The Ace.9105 said:TL/DR : At this point if ANet keep continuing to follow this path. GW2 will soon be remembered, as yet another failed money grab MMO. That the dev teams and the publisher just did not care about.

I keep iterating this, perhaps when ppl started listening:

do research on their parent company (NCSoft). all of their games are just money grabs that end up flushed like crap. GW2 is heading in the same direction for a long time now.

Yeah I think anet is just using the basic NCSoft tactics of ruining their own game.

Archived