Weekly Strike Rewards: WAT?

I tried following the new reward explanation, but I'll be honest...

I'm confused as hell. There's something about a portal, then a person from the pact, then a crystal, yada yada...

And I guess at the end we get something good, but I just couldn't follow it all.

jUTLZIQ.gif

Once a week chest in new instance.This needs a new currency - 1 prophet crystal to open it. Daily strike drops this.Do daily strike 3 times a week and get 3 crystals before opening chest for more rewards.Prophet crystals are coloured, and can only open chest of same colour ( to stop you saving up 1 week and using the next?)

Chests have another new currency - echos which are unique to each strike.The echos in the chest depend on which strikes you have completed since last opening the weekly chest.e.g do grothmar strike and kodan then open chest you will get echos for groth and kodan but not whisper of jormagEchos also spawn around the chest after you defeat the daily strike.A new strike will be added. The chest will also have echos for this once if you beat it.

Non daily strikes also have fragments of prophet crystals. Fragments can be combined into full crystals.Spare full crystals can be traded at other vendors.Echos and fragments can presumably be spent on new unique rewards.