A contradicting Qol change

Nanners.9428

Since each of my characters has at least one invisible bag (for extra equipment etc.), I've reserved three slots in there for the three types of unidentified gear. That way, I can go out, explore, and only care about clearing out my bags whenever I feel like it by going to our guildhall, identifying the gear and selling what I don't want to keep at the merchant right away.

On the old maps I was frequently getting stuck with full inventory (I have a lot of characters, and many of them don't have 100 bag slots yet) and having to salvage and juggle trash in the middle of nowhere, so for me, this feature is a clear step forward in the QoL department. I also have friends who either mass-salvage or mass-sell (on the tp) their unidentified gear, because they don't care to manually id it first, and they are very happy with this feature, too.

@flog.3485 said:

@Doggie.3184 said:The Unidentified Item system is a QoL bomb that destroys the previous QoL additions they've done. I'm forced to identify the items because they have a chance to give higher rarities including
Specialization collection items that can not be obtained elsewhere
. Normal fodder weapons and armor still drop in PoF and I cannot use "Salvage All" anymore because it will salvage the Unidentified Items that I'm forced to hold on to and open when I stack Magic Find. This removes any QoL aspect to this system as it doesn't exist to help reduce inventory clutter, it actually creates more clutter and more clicking because I have to manually salvage items again all the time. I do not enjoy it at all and am pretty disappointed.

You can get specialization collection items with the TP

Yeah and they get there from people identifying stuff. The 'feature' is still forced onto the community. Judging by the high price (which is far higher than just crafting an ascended weapon) many people hate doing it on top of how rare they are.

Archived