Has anyone ever gotten the highest skill rating of 2100?

It's possible, but way harder to do now than before because of the shrinking playerbase.

You have to rely on the soft reset mmr of a season, only playing (and winning) the required games to keep your point gain for each match maximized and of course place high in the previous season for a higher starting point.

10 seasons ago it was very common to see people above 2100 rating. Last season very few got past 1800.

@SPESHAL.9106 said:The real question is has anybody every achieved it without duo queing.

no

When DuoQ was restricted above 1600 rating there was at least one season where there were 0 players in legend at all.

It would take an actual God of PvP to win 100% of their games in SoloQ without cheating. I would from that day forth never be a doubter again, but forever be a believer, and i'd buy all their merch and consider momentarily about wearing it in public.

But DuoQ is just a crutch. Anyone in the top 100 can queue with another player better or around their skill level and just dominate during the off-hours which is really starting to become all-hours at this point. This makes me a doubter.