[Suggestion] Pillion seat for mounts

Thrill.6259

I think it would be awesome if I was able to let my friends sit on my mount while I am riding it.

Reasons

• Some mastery points are not reachable without griffon. Helping someone get that point right now just utilizes the "Teleport to friend" item which is boring. Letting someone sit on my griffon would be far more fun than just letting them doubleclick on an item.

• I know some people who only just now started playing PoF story. If I was able to share my mount with them I could take them on a Scenic Tour of the Crystal Desert which would just be awesome.

Suggestions for actual implementation

• (Personal favourite) Mount a friend's mount just like you would mount a borrowed mount but without the ability to control it.
  • (Least disruption of status quo) Add a "Pillion seat" item that can be obtained similar "Teleport to friend" or make it possible to use "Teleport to friend" items as a pillion seat.

@Thrill.6259 said:

• Some mastery points are not reachable without griffon.

There isn't a single mastery point (or poi, vista, hp or anything else for that matter) which requires the griffon.

Also no to mount sharing., it's a ridiculous idea imo. Due to the design of mounts it would require quite a lot of work to make it possible, and there are far more important things resources and time should be put into.

@Sindariel.2354 said:Breaking your way through the map is not an intended way to get to a mastery point and has already been partially fixed by the devs.Gliding is also not an intended way to go anywhere in PoF, because it requires HoT.

Yeah, I didn't break through the map. I used normal jumping, gliding, and mount switching from precarious places. And while gliding isn't "intended", it's still there as an option that doesn't require the griffon.

Then they should stop being lazy or cheap and buy HoT. Same for F2P people, you want the goodies you should have to pay for them. Otherwise make do and stop QQing about unfairness. And still a huge NO for shared mounts. Go to other games that have that option if you want it so badly.

@Sindariel.2354 said:

@killermanjaro.5670 said:

@Thrill.6259 said:
  • Some mastery points are not reachable without griffon.

There isn't a single mastery point (or poi, vista, hp or anything else for that matter) which requires the griffon.

Tomb of Primeval Kings, Raptured Heart.

Raptured Heart is possible with springer & jackal (by design, without requiring map breaking). If you don't have gliding then ok maybe not. Ok forgot Tomb of Primeval Kings, which technically can be done via map breaking, but was designed for the griffon.

Not that it matters as that's 1-2 mastery points then that you technically need the griffon for. That still leaves 84 points available (+/-1 or 2 if I've miscounted) from all other insights, the story, and achievements. If someone doesn't have the griffon they only need 52, so not being able to get those 1-2 won't even be remotely required for them. (I'm sure a Mesmer would help them if they really insisted on wanting them).

Without access to ArenaNet's code base estimating the effort required to implement stuff is just WILD speculation.

Also this feature is not even necessary to give your friends access to mastery points. It would just enable a more immersive way to do it. Quite the opposite of map breaking which technically is exploitation.

Archived