Ascended trinket

@Roche.7491 said:Just got a few ascended trinkets. It seems like they have an infusion instead of an upgrade slot which makes my character weaker.

Question. Do ascended rings and accessories have any practical use in pve aside from fractals?

Weaker? Take a good look at the numbers of your ascended trinket. Then look at those of your upgraded exotic trinket. The ascended one has stats equivalent of those of the exotic trinket + exotic jewel with a little extra added on top of that. So no, it does not make your character weaker. It doesn't make you that much stronger either. It's just a little bit more than what you had before, but it is an upgrade.

@Roche.7491 said:Just got a few ascended trinkets. It seems like they have an infusion instead of an upgrade slot which makes my character weaker.

Question. Do ascended rings and accessories have any practical use in pve aside from fractals?

Ascended trinkets are Exotic+Jewel and have about 10% more stats.

The infusion slots have uses in FotM for the agony resistance, and once you get enough infusions you can make +5 stat infusions with agony resistance. This makes oyur character even stronger.

If you do not like FotM you can go into WvW and get +5 stat infusions that are WvW based more easily. The stats on the WvW infusions work everywhere just like the FotM infusions do. So if you are trying to min/max your gear but do not want to play FotM then go into WvW for your stat infusions.

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

The infusion slots have uses in FotM for the agony resistance, and once you get enough infusions you can make +5 stat infusions with agony resistance. This makes oyur character even stronger.

If you do not like FotM you can go into WvW and get +5 stat infusions that are WvW based more easily. The stats on the WvW infusions work everywhere just like the FotM infusions do. So if you are trying to min/max your gear but do not want to play FotM then go into WvW for your stat infusions.

I see. I guess I’ll head towards WvW road then.

@"Roche.7491" said:FotM is utter BS. Waste of a million hours. What I can farm there in days, I can farm in real world in a few hours. Then convert gems to gold.

There is a ton of stuff that cannot be bought with gold that you can get from FotM.Also, what is the point of "playing" a game if you just buy everything with real money? Nothing to play for then.

@Roche.7491 said:

I see. I guess I’ll head towards WvW road then. What I need is stats for pvp/wvw to dominate

FotM is utter BS. Waste of a million hours. What I can farm there in days, I can farm in real world in a few hours. Then convert gems to gold.

Well they won't help in PvP. FotM is fun, but if its just a gold farm for you then yeah swiping a credit card is faster and more efficient.