is controller support ever coming?

we got the action cam added, and not only the style but even the UI of GW2 fits perfectly into a controller-based control scheme... please can we get any indication if this is being worked on? Because at this point WoW is going to get native controller support before a game that, from release, has looked like you should be able to use a controller :(

I do recall a developer saying they were working on controller support on their own spare time.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/ep6drp/that_shaman_this_keybind_wasnt_there_before/

Jonanet·3 months ago

that_shaman, You're good! I have no idea how you found this, as I tried to cover my tracks, but you are correct.

I have been working on native controller support, as a side project in my own time. I've got a good deal of it all working, but it's still got a further to go.

My main goal is is to have accessibility in mind. If I can help just one person play the game that would would not otherwise be able to because of our current input controls, than I'll be very pleased.

You can set up a controller to play gw2 tho. Not as perfect as official support but I play on controller.

I keep a mouse nearby for zooming in and out and menu mangement, but otherwise I completely use controller.

I use Rewasd software and an xbox elite pro controller.Also recommend is the steam controller and set up.