Good BOTS ?

Balsa.3951

Open discussion no NO or YES please comments more interesting would be talking the pros and cons.

PVP has Bots we all saw them.But here is my Question would ppl be OK with having Bots made by Anet?

The interesting thing about Bots is that they try to win the game, A bad Bot could just be programed to stay at home base and randomly push skills to not get dced.Instead they join the game going for kills and capturing points.

With AI getting better and better would it be OK(ish) to have Bots officially created by Anet.

Reasons Anet could release a Bot

1: A Player dced start of the game after a certain grace time a Bot jumps in to create a team balance2: Off Hours not enough Players online to shorten waiting time3: A player got banned mid game4: A Player Dced short after game started

Bots must be have a certain look to be identified as BotsBots need play a support build only?Bots need to be a class which is not used already by a Human PlayerBots need have a average skill cant play god like and cant be super nubishBots can be Voted by their team to be which class build/ Support/ Offense

A Training Arena with Bots only where players can learn the basics of PVP with hints and explanation

thanks for reading

Reasons Anet could release a Bot1: A Player dced start of the game after a certain grace time a Bot jumps in to create a team balance2: Off Hours not enough Players online to shorten waiting time3: A player got banned mid game4: A Player Dced short after game started

I agree on 1, 3 and 4. I think bots could "help" in DCs or stuff like that, we already have this in other games.On the other hand, 2 might be a bit too rewarding on players who can play off hours, since even "mediocre" bots can be dealt with easier.

Bots must be have a certain look to be identified as BotsThat's definitely needed if they implement bots.

Bots need play a support build only?Any "less personal impact" role would be ok, such as teamfight dps like scourge or support tempest etc.

Bots need to be a class which is not used already by a Human PlayerBots need have a average skill cant play god like and cant be super nubishBots can be Voted by their team to be which class build/ Support/ OffenseLooks good QoL stuff. Again, I think they should be a generic placeholder (an additional life bar and node presence) and that would be enough.

A Training Arena with Bots only where players can learn the basics of PVP with hints and explanationNo idea why this isn't in the game already. Conquest is too complex to understand without help.

I think realy working bots for conquest could be a HUUUGE work, if they should play "decent" and not just walking the patching they get coded

A bot should be able to defend, when an ay from the point (like return)

They should be able to retreat when they see, that they can't win the fight instead of running in 1vs3

The bots should also do the objectives and stomping/rezzing.

I would love to see them, but don't think it's that easy to do, and we did not take in mind that the bots should be able to use their skills and builds in some way correctly, without just making super dumb builds that are just ultra bad.

I mean maybe the bots can be bad for new players but I think you get what I mean

@"Avatar.3568" said:I think realy working bots for conquest could be a HUUUGE work, if they should play "decent" and not just walking the patching they get coded

They should be able to retreat when they see, that they can't win the fight instead of running in 1vs3

I would love to see them, but don't think it's that easy to do, and we did not take in mind that the bots should be able to use their skills and builds in some way correctly, without just making super dumb builds that are just ultra bad.

I mean maybe the bots can be bad for new players but I think you get what I mean

As far as I remember, there is a starcraft bot that ques ranked(?) in high divisions.It's not the same thing but anet could ask some other company to do it idk, would be interesting.

@Tayga.3192 said:

@"Avatar.3568" said:I think realy working bots for conquest could be a HUUUGE work, if they should play "decent" and not just walking the patching they get coded

As far as I remember, there is a starcraft bot that ques ranked(?) in high divisions.It's not the same thing but anet could ask some other company to do it idk, would be interesting.

Deepmind ai, that bot is an good example but it took them over a year before it could play in ranked, this ai would super nice, but I don't think that it is starter friendly

@Tayga.3192 said:

@Avatar.3568 said:Deepmind ai, that bot is an good example but it took them over a year before it could play in ranked, this ai would super nice, but I don't think that it is starter friendly

I guess you can't just adjust it to be weaker.Then no idea.

The adjustments in starcraft were, to reduce the apm, the first bot destroyed pro players completely